Are mech more of a threat than the decepticons?

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by gregles, Apr 13, 2012.

1. gregles

gregles quintesson

I'm not sure if this has been a thread before and I am sorry if it has.

mech by my opinion are one of the greatest new additions to transformers fiction in resent years. They are extremely resourceful, highly organised and very effective at what they do, in comparison the cons in transformers prime cant seem to agree on anything and seem to spend ages bickering amongst themselves, I know this has created some great story-lines and episodes but it is starting to feel like ages since they have been much of a threat. I love every one of the named cons in there own way but as a team they seem to have the same problem as the cartoon g1 galvertron of being extremely powerful but way too flaky and disorganised to achieve that much or pose a threat.

I know the reason the cons haven't made any kind of real power play on a populated earth is because it would obviously expose the transformers to the humans and the writers need to think carefully for how that will affect the shows dynamic before they do that, but as it stands are mech more of a threat?

2. DepthWave

DepthWave Decepticon Storm Trooper.

News Credits:
    They are as threat as the Airachnid is: you better have them dead, in order to save some fellow guys' lifes of yours.
    But if you don't care about them and yourselfe at all, lets see, what development they will, eventually, bring.

3. Flashdisk

Flashdisk Well-Known Member

News Credits:

I agree they are a great addition to TF fiction and are a big threat. However, I can't really say who is the bigger threat, Mech or the Decepticons. What I can say is that they're a different type of threat.

The way I see it, Mech is a very pragmatic organization. It's organized, controlled, efficient and tactical. And it has a whole lot of resources at its disposal.

But that doesn't make the Decepticons any less of a threat. Because of their loose alliances and rogue elements, the Decepticons can be very unpredictable at times. Also, because they have very little ties to earth, unlike Mech, they have far less restraint in what they can and can't do.

For example, if Mech had been the one's fighting to control Cybertron, I don't think they would have resorted to poisoning the planet. Just as I don't see Mech using weapons of mass destruction on earth. They are very goal oriented and controlled. Also they have too much resources tied to earth to risk damaging it. The Decepticons on the other hand may settle for incinerating large chunks and settle for what's left.

4. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Well-Known Member

Like Flashdisk said, it's hard to decide which one is more of a threat. The Decepticons are disorganized. This could some times help them due to them being unpredictable, (Airachnid joining in 18, Megatron resurrected in 14) but can also work as a disadvantage (deserters, distractions, Scream helping the Bots).

The big part of mech is that they are humans. This is an advantage due to them most likely having ties to human organizations outside of Mech. This would result in greater resources. However, this can be a disadvantage due to being so small and fragile and also having to avoid Authorities.

I think the Decepticons may be the bigger threat but that could change. They seem to have chased away the most threatening traitors and have gained a powerful and loyal second in command. However, it is likely the second in command will defect witch will most likely result in the Decepticons slowly collapsing. They would be low on capable fighters and I don't think Knockout would make a very good second in command.

5. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

The way I see it, MECH represents an enemy that focuses on stealth and strategy to stand against the superior strengths of their Cybertronian enemies. The Decepticons are the brute force, the ominous presence that directly threatens both the Autobots and the Earth itself.

Both foes have their merits.

6. megapork

megapork Cheese

I find them more or less on the same level. But the recent episodes have been showing mech bringing up major shitstorms for the bots and as we can see in the upcoming episode, have larger repurcusions in future episode than what megatron has attempted to do.

7. Puck Hockey

Puck Hockey Well-Known Member

One MECH laser can take out a TFer. A million Vehicon lasers can't do anything.

8. Scorpion

Scorpion Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think Mech has 2 big advantages over the cons.
    1)they seem more organized and less infighting
    2)being humans, I'm sure the autobots try to not kill them...

9. optimegatron

optimegatron Not over, not finished.

News Credits:
    They are two entirely different threats. MECH are dangerous because it's a race against time, until they manage to construct a season finale doomsday device. Also, they seem to work in the dark, not getting into too much trouble (Until
    Silas died
    that is.)
    The Decepticons have millions of years of bad reputation, and they're clearly more battle skilled than MECH.
    I still think Airachnid's the biggest threat of them all.

10. megapork

megapork Cheese

Hmm. Both bulkhead and bumblebee have probably killed humans already on screen too. Also the first mech episode probably had mech casualties ,courtesy of te benevolent autobots,with their vehicles blowing up or falling off a truck at high speed into a cliff after being hit by a branch.

11. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Right now I'm going to have say MECH is the bigger threat. They might not have the Transformers size, raw power, and technology, but they are learning fast and work in ways that the Autobots don't seem to expect.

Megatron can kick anyone's metal butt short of Prime, but his Vehicons and lieutenants aren't chalking up too many wins. So the main branch of the Decepticons only seem to be a threat when Megatron feels like getting personally involved.

Airachnid has been a pretty good one on one threat, but until she stumbled upon her army she wasn't much of a group threat.

Poor Starscream the way everything goes wrong for him one day Waspinator will even feel sorry for him.

MECH might be the force though that exposes the Transformers to the rest of the world which could put the Transformers in a worse spot than they are now.

12. Resolution

Resolution Well-Known Member

In operation breakdown Bulkhead and Breakdown appeared to be killing Mech humans, including throwing a car into a flying helicopter.

13. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't think the Autobots have any problem killing MECH soldiers. There's no way those guys survived being whacked around by Bumblebee and exploding in their car from Arcee.

It's funny because it's true

14. Rewind Eject

Rewind Eject Well-Known Member

I thought MECH weopons stunned cybertronians. But if Vehicons had that technology, they could just KO the autobots and move in for the kill. Funny how these humans learn how to take out cybertronians so fast, but Megatron doesn't teach it to his troops. That should be the first lesson in Redshirt Survival Class 101

15. cuad

cuad VOK EMISSARY

News Credits:
    Sadly yes.... and it's totally lame. At least watching NANOSEC try to get it on with SLO-MO was fun.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2012
  16. Decay_is_awesome

Decay_is_awesome Well-Known Member

I think they will be, but im not sure they are quite there yet. The decepticons seem to not be sure of how to proceed. Mining energon and trying to collect whatever artifacts they can seems to be their only plan at this point.

MECH are very competent, obviously do have a clear goal in mind and each time we see them they are closer to achieving it. The decepticons seem to start and end every episode in a similar position, MECH advance and grow more dangerous each time we see them. They started as a minor threat but each appearance seems to end in their favor somehow, maybe not as a major success but they either gain knowlege and skill or the gain something tangible like a t cog or an entire transformer.

The fact that Silas didnt consider Starscream, a formerly high ranking decepticon with vast amounts of intel on the cybertronians, to be of much benefit to his cause says a lot about how much he believes they are capable of.

17. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I do think it's sad when the human villains actually have a clear cut goal by now.

18. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy It's pronounced "ribby"

News Credits:
    Between the Decepticons having so much treason and disorder within the ranks and the troops being such a joke, I'd say MECH is definitely a bigger threat. I mean, the MECH soldiers know EXACTLY where to shoot a TF to take it out in one shot, and they've shown that they know where the vital "organs" are, so they could be quite a threat in combat if they all were equipped with the right weaponry.

Even after their leader was critically injured, MECH is exploring every possible avenue to restore him. When Megs "died," all they really tried to do was keep him alive and keep his body nice and shiny. If it weren't for Bumblebee "waking him up," Megatron would probably be dead by now. Even if this would be because Starscream decided to terminate him, at least Silas was competent enough to put somebody who wasn't disloyal in charge.

19. ahunmaster

ahunmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't wanna say yes, but MECH has proven itself to be more dangerous and effective as a enemy than the Decepticons.

The Cons have the power and technology to be a threat, but all the internal problems with betrayals and such have made them seem more like a comical enemy than a threatening one.

MECH has only been in a fraction of all the TFP episodes, but they've proven themselves more often than not and even when they fail at their main objective, they come out of it with intel and knowledge that makes them more threatening the next time around.

And considering the last episode Nemesis Prime; do I need to say anything else?

20. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Auto-Con

News Credits:
    I think the Insecticon army is more of a threat then both MECH and the Decepticons.
    But if it's between these two, they are equally matched.