Are knock-off Prime selling for too much because of the movie?

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by smkspy, Apr 8, 2007.

1. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Is this a KO or what? I've been seening way too many G1 Optimus Primes with near perfect boxes lately.

I really feel sorry for all the people that are gonna buy a G1 Optimus just because of the movie. They'll buy them thinking that they have real deal and be none the wiser.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Transformers-Optimus-Prime-Original-1984-in-Box-VG_W0QQitemZ180102944439QQihZ008QQcategoryZ4696QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

edit this one also,

http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-1984-OPTIMUS-PRIME-MISB-Factory-Sealed_W0QQitemZ220099188459QQihZ012QQcategoryZ4696QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

another,

http://cgi.ebay.com/Transformers-Original-REAL-G1-Optimus-Prime-MIB-Unused_W0QQitemZ250102770749QQihZ015QQcategoryZ4696QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I'm tempted to buy one with the worst box possible just so I'll know he is authentic.

Edit, can a mod correct my terrible title grammer?

2. Lion

Lion Will bite you!

Ebay:
    Well, I bought the G1 Black repaint for 3 reasons. I like the idea of a "Nemesis Prime" character, the Jafcon version is a little rich for my blood, and the box is a near perfect remake of the original. I know it's a KO, but the original prime in the KO box still looks great on the shelf.
    I wouldn't feel sorry for the buyers, the auctions state clearly that they are KOs.

3. smkspy

Those auctions don't though listed above don't. I think it is fine when the auctions state that their KOs. Hell, I bought one just for hell of it. However, I heard that the new Prime KOs now lack the grey strip above the trailer making it that much harder to tell the KO from the real deal. At least with Black repaint you know what you're getting.

4. Might Gaine

Might Gaine The Devil Express

News Credits:
    That's not true. The rumor was started by GetterDragun, who saw a picture on a Yahoo Japan Auction from a seller who was showing pictures of real Optimus Primes (and labeling them as such) but actually selling knockoffs. (The seller has been trying to sell his KO Primes for months and months, so those Prime KOs are old, not new, and he doesn't even have past the Black Optimus and Frenzy/Ravage, so he is far from caught up with recent releases.) Instead of actually trying to order one and seeing what would be sent to him, GetterDragun erroneously assumed that the seller was selling an improved version of the knockoff, and posted a news article on Seibertron to that effect.

5. ShortCircuit

ShortCircuit Decepticon

I like the black KO one.. Is it any good does anyone know?

6. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    It is excellent. You can even get repro labels and make him a Con. :) 

7. smkspy

So that was just a rumor? Great! Whenever I finally bid one I won't have to worry.

8. Bumble Prime

Bumble Prime all the time

i got mine for like 60 bucks.....thats just ridiculous.....

9. e3nine

e3nine Poop.

News Credits:
    ummm ... hate to say this, but those are all originals.

on auction 1, there's playwear on the figure.

on auction 2, there's a flap crease. on reissues, that rear portion has a pre-made fold.

on auction 3, the baggie which holds all the instructions is legit. On the KO's don't come with the red visor and other papers too. The KO's only come with the instructions.

These Optimus Primes are not KO's, the only reason they are surfacing is due to inflated value / market from movie interest though.

10. Might Gaine

Might Gaine The Devil Express

News Credits:
    Yeah, those are definitely real Primes. Though, the first one has black boxes instead of white boxes and the top of the window cut extends beyond the grey area, so it is probably from the 90's Chinese run (which is real).

11. RoboRic

RoboRic Banned

I just bought a reissue prime for $40...