Are jets overpowered?

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Firestorm777, May 16, 2012.

1. Firestorm777

Firestorm777 Banned

This is a thread that I will use to point some things out in ROTH and DOTM games. Do you think stealth force form in jet mode is overpowered and overused?

1st.
    I know that your supposed to use jet form a lot but please don't over use stealth force form in jet mode its really annoying! I just see people hanging back in jet form not doing anything and using their jet machine guns and never fighting on the ground.

2nd.
    Don't overuse ram in Jet form, it becomes cheap and annoying quickly.

3rd.
    In ROTF Jazz and Megatron are over powered enough but do people overuse them?

2. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Jazz and Megatron are only overpowered if you let them be. Jazz is almost completely useless against Long Haul, and Megatron's uncharged range is crap.

3. scoobsterinc

scoobsterinc Scoobs

News Credits:
    1. Jets arent really overpowered you just need to know how to deal with them you can easily take out a jet with lock on missles in stealth force and the rockets are much more powerfull then the machine gun

2. This is really easy to avoid if you move fast enough

3. Jazz is weak to longhaul and megatron is weak to optimus prime

4. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 MTMTE Sucks Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    just dash to the side before they get close enough. always assume they're gonna ram you. LT+square/X button+good timing=safety and possible kill

5. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Stealth Force jet players were a complete joke in DOTM. Well, jet players in general were.

You take the one useful aspect of a jet and remove it, all you have left is a slowly strafing gun platform that doesnt deal a lot of damage. Use a big guy like Megatron or Prime and punch them out of the sky. The pistol also rips right through them if you can aim.

There was nothing more satisfying in DOTM than curb stomping the idiots who read that Stealth Force has better damage and defense then decided to only ever use that mode.

If I remember right the 'stealth force' mode for jets in WFC was also pretty garbage because the weapons did almost nothing and had very limited ammo.

6. Onslaught24

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    sideswipe and his burst rifle were all i needed in DOTM. i shot soooo many starscreams out of the sky :lol 

7. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream The Ultimate Golden Gamer

News Credits:
    They only had rockets in MP, and had a capacity of 20 rockets, but they dealed 2 bars of damage and I've shot so many enemy Scientists down with two shots.

8. scorpio-prime

scorpio-prime Dreamer with fists

Because rockets could only lock onto vehicles they weren't great for general purpose use, though were obviously effective when dogfighting other Scientists. Against every other class I often found then when I'd given someone a kicking in robot form and they quickly transformed to escape, rockets made chasing and finishing them off pretty straightforward.

9. Onslaught24

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    rockets are actually quite useful due to all of the sentries people place. but jet mode isn't always good for escaping, i've meleed many jets out of the air when they try to escape.

10. Prime Jetscream

News Credits:
    If you did that to me, U R JERRRKKK

I have ragequit so many times because of that.

11. Takeout

Takeout Mistress of the Night

I've only come across one instance in which rockets were in any way useful to me, and that was when I accidentally hit the fire button and killed someone.

12. Firestorm777

Firestorm777 Banned

Ture but how many people use longhual?
    How is Jazz useless against Haul?
    Megatron's fusion cannon can be weak because OP's special ability will not allow him to drop below 1% health.

Jets may not be overpowered but their overused! Its SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ANNOYING!

13. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Jazz's entire effectiveness is chipping away at health with his disc launcher. Long Haul

A: doesn't receive much damage from the discs

and

B: Can use his repair ability to stay alive long enough to get within grenade range, and then Jazz won't last until the second volley.

14. Barricade24

Barricade24 The Decepticop

News Credits:
    As everyone has said, Long Haul is the most effective character against Jazz. His fully charged grenade launcher can take Jazz out with a single shot I believe. As for Jets, in DOTM they usually just stand in the air shooting their machine guns at you. Which can easily be taken care of with a sniper rifle or other weapons.

I think the most over used character in ROTF is actually Grindor. I get so tired of people coming as him and not being able to get any kills off of him. It just gets old really fast.

15. Onslaught24

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    i use Sideswipe's burst rifle. that works all the time

16. Prime Jetscream

News Credits:
    Just because Optimus' ability can prevent death from the Fusion Cannon doesn't mean that it's weak.

17. scoobsterinc

scoobsterinc Scoobs

News Credits:
    Yea a optimus survived my cannon once I just waited for his ability to deactivate and killed him straight away