Are exclusives subject to the gun laws?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Severus, Jan 20, 2007.

1. Severus

Severus Curmudgeon TFW2005 Supporter

Like the title says, are con or fan club exclusives subject to the same laws regarding paint and orange caps that things sold at retail are? I ask this because, well, I LOVE Classics Megatron, but I hate his colors - and I'd rather not have to paint him myself. I'm not much of a kitbasher.

I'm just curious, and I'm hoping someone with the knowledge could shed some light on this for me. It just strikes me as a little odd that I could go out and buy a real Walther P-38 along with an entire arsenal of handguns with no waiting period whatsoever (in my State, at least), yet I can't buy a fake one that hasn't been all painted up.

I don't want to start a big debate, I'm just curious if it's possible, or if I have to instead pray that the Classics line is released in Japan.

2. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

some how i doubt it. laws are laws, exclusives or not. however, as with ABSINTHE, if they can find a way around the laws ( absinthe was sold as a "novelty only" at first, but is now legal here in canada) i'm sure if they slap on age restrictons, and such, maybe they can get around them somehow