Are decepticons and preds separtists ?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by littlebotbrat, Feb 6, 2008.

1. littlebotbrat

littlebotbrat Well-Known Member

They are considered second class citizens and often discrimated against or do they separte themselves and form little separate groups waiting for the autobots/maximals to invade them?

2. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    why do you ask? what prompted the question? what are your feelings on your question?

I see you ask a lot of questions but with no insight as to why.

Thanx
    Transbot90210

3. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus #MoreSawBoss

News Credits:
    Depends on your era.

G1, I totally view the Autobots and Decepticons as being quasi-distinct races (definitely dinstinct CULTURES, but possibly different species, there'sa lot to support this idea), with related origins, shared resources,and WILDLY different socio-political notions.

The G1 leader tech-spec-quotes, I have always felt are wonderfully emblematic of their two nations ideals.

Freedom is the Right of All Sentient Beings

and

Peace Through Tyranny.

To us modern democracy-loving don't-tread-on-me squishies, Meggy's sounds a little "evil," but its REALLY not, simply expressing a different viewpoint on how society should be ordered.

The Predacons, OTOH are in a dodgier position, in a nominal politcal truce/alliance with the Maximals, but the mainstream poltically-powerful Preds are clearly NOT all right with how things shook out. Megatron and his rogues indicate what many Preds feel, but are willing to do what most Preds wouldn't

Different shades and arguments could be had about any given generation though.

D/L

4. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Animated Megatron is a good one. What little we know of the backstory implies he sees himself as a freedom fighter, someone standing up for his oppressed brothers. In Animated, this implies the Autobots are a major group, with possibly a neutral section of Cybertronian society who might be sympathetic to Megatron but are afraid to stand up since they'd be branded Decepticons and driven out. We've not seen enough of Cybertron yet to know, but the Animated Decepticons definitely sound like separatists, and also conform nicely to DL's idea.

5. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Yeah, it's a continuity-by-continuity question.

G1, definitely not. Nor AEC, to my mind. BW, probably.

Animated remains to be seen, although Sol posted some solid ideas.

6. aussiehippy

aussiehippy Au contraire, Blackadder.

Ebay:
    I'd like to see littlebotbrat pop back into one of these threads one day and give some kind of response to the information and discussion generated.

7. butheadimus prime

butheadimus prime Picard?

Ebay:
    Preds are sepritists because they are pissed about how their ancestors lost the war. The G1 cons are not they started the war. In Megatron origin I would say yes because they were mistreated laborers from what I can tell. I like that because it shows a dark autobot past. If you look at some of the autobot attitudes back then it seemed like some bots were autobots by faction symbol only. Nova prime was a expansionist and thought transformers superior to everything else. Sounds like Megs uncle.

8. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    its like underpants gnomes, but with query threads instead.

9. Spartan Prime

Spartan Prime is an apathetic douchebag

Yeah, littlebotbrat has a tendancy to try and light a fire under everyone's asses with no reason as to why. usually he just starts shit, so i'm actually quite surprised his OP didn't include the word ""sucks".

10. rizuan76

rizuan76 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Littlebotbrat is a she & maybe she's a little bit shy? somehow this thread has suddenly become off-topic.:) 

11. aussiehippy

aussiehippy Au contraire, Blackadder.

Ebay:
    It just seems bizarre to me, I'm not like having a go or anything, I'm kinda interested.

I tend to check back almost obsessively on threads that I start to see if anyone has any info or interesting points of view. And I reply to them.

Saying thanks to someone who provides an answer to a question you have asked is polite as well.

12. rizuan76

rizuan76 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Totally agree with you there, dude.