Are beast wars figures worth anything now?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by exomega255, Aug 31, 2010.

1. microclone

microclone Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i suspect a lot of BW were also subject to purchase by more careful adult owners once toy collecting started to gain momentum in the 90's, i was one of them, probably the first interesting reset of TF that rekindled the interest of some.

2. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Yeah, Inferno caught my eye and got me back into collecting. Awesome toy. I was in college.

3. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    ok just a prelim list without pics, here is what I have: If there is no TM or TM2 you can assume its original BW

TM Airazor
    Airazor
    Armordillo
    B'Boom
    Bantor
    Blackarachnia
    Bonecrusher
    Buzzclaw
    Cheetor
    TM Cheetor in a funny orange/navy blue
    TM2 Cheetor
    Tripredacus
    Magnaboss
    TM2 Cybershack
    Depth Charge
    Grimlock
    inferno
    jetstorm
    Megatron
    TM Megatron
    TM2 Megatron
    Megatron Alligator vers.
    Noctorro
    Optimal Optimus
    Optimus Primal
    TM Optimus Primal
    Optimus Primal Bat Vers.
    Polar Claw
    TM2 Prowl
    Rampage
    TM2 Ramulus
    Rattrap
    Rhinox
    Scavenger
    Scorponok
    Silverbolt
    Snarl
    Terragator
    Tigertron
    Tigerhawk
    Torca
    Wolfang

I hope to gather them up and match all their missiles so I can list them by weekend. They are all complete with very few exceptions. They all have their boxes (folded) or cards

4. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    D@mn! Why is it that I always can't seem to find the pieces I wanted?! :banghead: 

Any pieces from BW2, BWN & BMs? (selected characters only for BM series.)

5. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    I have jetstorm and tankor from Beast machine, and now that you mention it, I have the optimus too.

just a little side rant of why I should shoot myself. Before I discovered the full extent of this forum, at June I throw away a LioKaiser near complete because I had to clear out space. I thought no one would ever want such a thing. Now I want to hit my head against the wall.

6. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    ^ Optimus? Do you mean Primal Prime from BM? :D 

7. Maetel

Maetel Well-Known Member

i say $350-400 ... in a good economy, in this economy who know, half them probably won't sell...

8. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    the original 20$ black optimus Primal, with the mace and 2 swords (though one sword is missing and one missile out of 4 is missing iirc. Box should still be somewhere in my room)

9. rework

rework The Voice of Experience

I have done pretty well selling loose BW toys as part of my Botcon setup every year since they were released, really. There's been ups and downs, but they remain relatively popular characters. We are at the point now where a lot of younger adult collectors will cite these as the "toys from their childhood".

Keep in mind that they are still relatively common toys, so top dollar isn't going to be all that high. And it could also hurt selling them individually though the mail because shipping costs will eat into your profit margin. That's why you see so many 99c auctions for these go unsold on Ebay - After shipping costs are added they are really $7 or $8 auctions.

10. CookSux

CookSux Infectious Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Automorpher, what are *you* looking for? It feels good to be asking you the question this time around :bowdown: 

you just threw away a LioKaiser? just a few months ago!? sigh....

11. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    I did. it was before I discovered this forum. I didn't even know his name was Liokaiser. It was one of those toys that my parents brought for me when I was a kid (I did not live in US). I wanted Brave Thunder Baron, they got me Liokaiser. It was near mint with all the breast force targetmaster things... and yes, I know it was a big mistake. I found that out after I came to this forum and realized that is actually a valuable transformer.

12. SpicyRichter

SpicyRichter Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ... umm, where did you throw it?

Who wants to take a trip to the dump? heheh

13. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    its thrown in June ;)  I don't think you'd be able to find it ^^;

14. -l-AYATOLLAH-l-

-l-AYATOLLAH-l- Well-Known Member

My Beast Wars collection was actually rather expensive to acquire. Then again most of them are all Japanese imports. I went for show accuracy so some of them (gold faced Rattrap, all red Terrorsaur, Protform X/Rampage in show accurate colors, Ravage X9,Grey Scorponok) we're quite pricey. Got a lot of the repaints that were part of the BW II/Neo and some of those were alot. the only US released ones I've sold that really went for alot more then retail were Rattrap and Scorponok.

15. cuad

cuad VOK EMISSARY

News Credits:
    I'm starting to put together a little beast wars collection. Most of the figures are relatively cheap, but there are some figures whose prices baffle you, for example: Basic Rattrap or that horrible tarantulas half repaint.

I noticed the same thing and that's why I try to buy in bulk if they combine shipping.

16. rework

rework The Voice of Experience

Rattrap was victim of being an early wave toy that was mostly gone from the shelves before the show really got popular. Unlike most of the other show characters he wasn't included in later waves. Cheetor was almost another case - By the time the show hit, most stores had Tigatron on the shelves. But since he was such a key player, Hasbro smartly did the later run of them.

17. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    I actually am one of the few that collect beast wars and beast machines mainly...starting to get caught up on the beast wars neo figures after buying the beast wars source book off target.com on sale....

When i get moved from here to NC in the next few years...my main collection will be beast wars, beast machines, and classics/universe...

I am selling off most of my movie transformers on ebay and keeping the above listed lines along with a few select G1 and Botcon transformers.