Are any toys for Prime being planned?

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by Razorblaze, Oct 31, 2010.

1. ian5555

ian5555 Well-Known Member

Exactly. Like people are FORCED to click on the thread if someone doesn't feel like sifting through 2-3 pages to see if there question was already asked and decides to start a new thread. I guess some people would rather be internet punks.

2. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

THIS. I posted in the welcome topic that's stickied to direct toy related questions over here, but I doubt anyone who would post a dupe topic of this will read it. :( 

3. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    Yes there will be toys, Hasbro has mentioned plans for it since Botcon, but hasn't said much more.

4. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's not that, its just common sense dictates that Hasbro wouldn't make such a big push for a CGI show if they weren't going to make toys to capitalize off of.

5. Chevluh

Chevluh Well-Known Member

Well, so far the advertising push is less pronounced than the one for WfC, and WfC didn't get its own toyline but four molds in Generations, so you can't fault people for being uncertain about Prime. Add to that the already mentioned botcon reports erroneously mentioning an absence of plans for a toyline, and it's easy to see why people would want to ask.

6. stepsongrapes

stepsongrapes Well-Known Member

WfC was the product. It's a video game. It's advertising push is intended to sell the game.

TV exists to just sell things. That's what it's for. In the case of kids shows, it's to sell toys. Is there a single major kid's show that DOESN'T have toys? I certainly can't think of one.

7. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    It'll get a toy line, eventually. I just hope they're able to keep to the possibility of releasing the line next October. Yeah it's almost a year after the show's release, but it'd be better than nothing, and the release of the toys could coincide with the release of another season of the show.

Personally I'm really looking forward to the Megatron figure, as he's my favorite of the designs.

8. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    But can you guys blame people for asking too much about this toyline?

I mean, who wouldn't want a toy of this:

[​IMG]

9. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    It certainly doesn't help that the toyline hasn't had any sort of official announcement yet, and the absolute earliest I imagine we'll see prototype pictures is next years Botcon.

Megatron is probably the TFP design I'm looking forward to the most. Hopefully they don't have too much trouble designing a toy based off of it. I imagine the spikes will be less pronounced to a certain extent, and that he'll probably have a bit of kibble. Especially given his alt-mode design. He's the only one of the designs we've seen so far that I can imagine having a firing missile gimmick. Though I'll be surprised if Starscream doesn't have two in-lace of the missiles on his arms.

10. Blackout32

Blackout32 ANTHRAX - PERSISTENCE OF TIME

Cybertron The Matrix of leadership knowledge,power
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Let me CLARIFY what I am trying to say. I don't like that CGI 3d looking cartoons of any kind. I just can't get into something like that and its NEVER been my forta of style of cartoons. I am used to the G1 TF style and thats what I LOVE and will ONLY love with ANY cartoon as I am a lover of those old 80's style cartoons that where hand drawn with mistakes as well. NOTHING strange about what I said. I just don't like the way the TF's look so far by the website and seein that commercial for TF prime. I LOVE TF's but only the G1 style looking cartoon or any cartoon that looks like it was hand drawn from back in the 80's. Just look to see what I am talking about in compared to G1 style to this NEW crap of CGI 3d TF's that I don't like and probly won't watch but maybe 1 episode if that and thats pushing it. I thought this was going to be cool of having a TF prime show TILL I seen what they looked like on the website and that commercial and it turned me off really quick. The quick respond to my GF was THIS IS NOT TRANSFORMERS they are ruining it again. Thats my thoughts,... so I am sorry if this might tick you off my friend but people have their own thoughts and likness of what TF's should be and G1 is mine. Oh and if you are making a smart remark,... don't.

11. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

You heard it right here, people. Transformers Prime characters are ruining Transformers again because they are not Transformers.

12. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    How can it ruin something that it's not?

HOT DOGS ARE RUINING SNEAKERS

13. Hollywood Hoist

Hollywood Hoist Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Since you publicly stated your opinion, you should be ready for people to respond to your opinion.

If all you want is G1, then why even bother commenting on a show you have no intention of liking. G1 has come and gone, what we have are reruns and reinvisions of classic characters in various shows and toys. Expecting anything to live up to your opinion of G1 is only going to leave you disappointed.

So far I haven't seen anything in the past 15 years ruin Transformers. Beast Wars saved Transformers, Beast Machines was a transistion back to vehicles and showed that Transformers can have a very stylistic look, RID brought us completely back to vehicles, AEC continued the trend and expanded on the number of toys we saw in a line, the movies have brought transformers back to a popularity that we haven't seen since G1, Animated whose style seemed to be universally panned by fans, only to have it turn around and become quite popular based on the writing and Hasbro's ability to make show accurate toys. I can only assume that Hasbro will continue this trend with Prime.

Saying a show that you haven't seen is going to ruin a brand that has already proven to be constantly evolving seems a little ridiculous.

14. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Handle):
    I hope we get some figures sometime within the next year. I'm really looking forward to seeing some figure images. Speaking of figures, why are the Decepticon drones call Eradicons? Did the rights to Vehicons expire? I would thought it would been a perfect time to use that name given those bots are drones.

15. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    This is basically the best post I've seen on this site. Ever

16. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    sense these look so close to the movie characters i can see no transformers PRIME character toys been made but i can see movie versions of them seeing toys

this way they dont have to make them 100% show acuret they can just work off the current bb and optimus molds

with in the hunt for the deceptecon line we are seeing toys that blurr the line between movie and g1 i can see this becomeing more the style they will run with

17. Blackout32

Blackout32 ANTHRAX - PERSISTENCE OF TIME

Cybertron The Matrix of leadership knowledge,power
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    OK, you guys had your fun thats enough.

18. Starfire22

Starfire22 :D

News Credits:
    Besides G1 wasn't perfect, it had it's issues. (Cheesy plots, a lot of animation issues etc)

19. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

I'm just amazed by the amount of people who are convinced that Hasbro hates money.

20. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    For that matter, how can it ruin something again?

Once something's ruined, it's usually, well, ruined.

Oh man, say "ruin" that many times.