Are any RID figures easier to transform than their First Edition predecessors?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by FAKER II, Mar 22, 2012.

1. FAKER II

FAKER II Cheap Repaint

I’m finally just now at a financial stage where I can start to collect Prime figures. From what I’ve gathered, the First Edition figures are more cartoon accurate and therefore more sought after. But I was wondering if any of the RID figures transformed easier than their First Edition version. While aesthetics is important to me, I find figures that are easier to Transform to be more enjoyable. So if any RID figures are easier to transform then I would rather pick them up than try to acquire the First edition version. Anyone out there with both versions of these figures who can help me out with this question?

2. LordShockwave

LordShockwave Harold of Power.

News Credits:
    the rid bumblebee transformers easier than the FE version. but...the end result isn't pretty..

3. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

Arcee is easier and more show accurate in PRID form.

4. Optimist_Prime

Optimist_Prime The Original Optimist!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I feel like this question should be the other way around.

5. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    were there ANY rid release that were tougher than their FE counterparts?

6. Maetel

Maetel Well-Known Member

rid is easier, almost insultingly so.

7. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Uh, pretty much all of them?

8. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    While I agree with the premise that RiD is easier (possible exception Vehicon?), the idea that all the RiD line is almost insulting easier is a bit much IMHO.

*Cliffy, yes, easier tf and love or hate the arms is generally agreed to have the more satisfying transformation right?
    *Soundwave though easy has no FE counterpart.
    *Prime, I think most gripes with RiD is no so much in the transformation but the gimmick that gives us the sucky gun and clear arms. FE chest cheats but doesn't have the cape.
    *WJ - awesome transformation but again no counterpart.
    *Ratchet - no counterpart again, chest cheats and somewhat panel-line-y figgety but still an awesomen figure.

Bee and Arcee - yes, ridonkulously easy transformations on RiD.

I guess what I'm getting at is easy/hard isn't what's generally making figs good or bad in these lines. And besides only two are out of how many can be considered "insultingly easy"?

9. Cracka J

Cracka J TURD PARTY DUMPSTERPIECE TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    for the most part the RiD figures for me have been pretty simple, non annoying transformations that are fun and fast to do.

only fe equivalent I have is arcee, and her RiD figure is very simplistic compared to the FE. but that doesn't mean the FE is a better figure. I actually prefer the RiD version for it's posability.

10. ex dtw2003

News Credits:
    "for the most part the RiD figures for me have been pretty simple, non annoying transformations that are fun and fast to do."

And that says in one sentence what I tried to do in many. Brevity, wit, and all that.

11. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    The RID line is easier to transform, more affordable, and in some cases IMO more fun to have. Example: Cliffjumper and Prime.

12. Boy Blunder

Boy Blunder Hasbrown'd

Yeah, PRID Arcee is fun and quick to transform, while FE Arcee requires a little more fiddling and time.

13. FAKER II

FAKER II Cheap Repaint

I appreciate the responses everyone. This has encouraged me go ahead and pick up the RID versions rather than hold out for the FE versions. The only RID version I don't like the look of is Optimus Prime so I'm not sure what to do about him. But for the rest, I'll just go for the RID version.

14. Boy Blunder

Boy Blunder Hasbrown'd

The PRID Optimus can look good with a little paint slapped on him. I'm debating getting him for myself with the upcoming Wal-Mart sale, or waiting until SDCC to get FE Optimus.

15. daddytron

daddytron Your mom is an oversized CHUG

Kind of depends on what you're looking for in your figs. I have the FEs and RIDs of everybody but Vehicon and what everybody else said is spot on regarding the RIDs being more fun to fool around with. As for Prime I highly recommend getting both versions. RID OP is more fun(at least for me) to transform back and forth plus I like his truck mode better, but FE Prime is awesome to look at in bot mode. Even his weapons are kind of awesome.

16. FAKER II

FAKER II Cheap Repaint

When is this sale and how much are they going to be reduced?

I totally understand this dilemma. In my Bay-verse collection, I have the Voyager scale Target excl. Robo Vision Optimus and I have the Voyager scale Battle Blades Optimus. The Battle Blades Optimus looks so much better but is a pain to transform while the Robo Vision version is less screen accurate but way more fun to play with…I mean convert between modes.

17. LeTigre

LeTigre Meat popsicle

I don't know if this gets mentioned enough, but RiD Cliffjumper is much closer to screen accuracy than the FE figure. Generally, I think people seem to go crazy about the FE hand cannons and ignore everything else wrong with the figure, while nitpick the RiD figure's arms and ignore everything that the figure has done right.

18. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    i'm with ya!!

heck the easiest ever to transform are the Spychangers (i do 'em one handed), and even they are fun to have around.

I don't know why people are getting insulted with how easy it is to transform them... you get a great alt mode, a great articulated bot mode, and it doesn't cause frustration to get between the two.

19. ex dtw2003

News Credits:
    The coming Sunday ad for Walmart has deluxes on sale for ~$8 and Voyagers on for $15.

Your prolly going to have a tough time getting someone other than Bee or Cliffy at that price for a deluxe but you should be able to grab a Prime.

As for OP, I had the RiD for a couple days before returning him (returned him because the hips were beyond floppy and found a Ratchet so I opted for him instead.)

Anyway I liked Prime, you don't even need to paint him. A red sharpie maker will very nicely cover the clear blue on the arms. Look at the feedback thread to see how well it works. Backpack cape and crap weapon are the worst parts of him after that and the cape isn't all that bad IMHO. He's worth $15 and I'm plan on grabbing him during the sale.