Are any of the new 25th Aniv. Wave Rare?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Bluestreak76, Jan 3, 2009.

1. Bluestreak76

Bluestreak76 Well-Known Member

Was at Wal-Mart yesterday, no new figs...went there 30 mins ago they were just putting out the 25th Anniversary wave.

Are any of them considered rare? Much like Iron Hide was a pain at one time?

IDK what compelled me but I bought 1 Cheetor, 1 Universe Starscream, and 2 Hounds....lol the only 2 Hounds they had heh. I had already gotten Cyclonus from the HTS but damn there had to be 20 of him there.

Not sure if I am gonna keep the spare hound or scream but I nabbed them anyhow. (Im partial to the Classics Scream but im also strangly addicted to Seekers...odd yes I know they are all the same damn mold.)

Anyone?

2. Mr.ToyFan

Mr.ToyFan Well-Known Member

I see nothing wrong with a bunch of seeker jets humming around classics optimus prime

3. Vizer

Vizer Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Even though I already own him, I rarely see Ironhide. When I bought him I got the only one, and since then I think I have only seen him one more time in my area. Funny thing is I still the rest of his wave, Silverstreak and Sideswipe, everywhere.

4. Bluestreak76

lol!

In addition to the new wave there was like still 4 pegs the last wave of Sideswipe, Silverstreak and a half a dozen Iron Hides.

Here's a question lol would it be profitable to pick up some spare Ironhide, Silverstreaks, and Sideswipe?

5. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    The 25th anniversary wave one deluxes are two per case. Nothing is short packed.

6. Lord Prime S.

Lord Prime S. Well-Known Member

I find your post really strange. You're looking for toys for value ?

7. Bluestreak76

Not so much value so profit was the wrong word. I was thinking more or less I should pick up some spares and leave some in the package from a collector stand point and cause my Silverstreak has the paint issue so it might be nice to have a spare or 2 before they are rare and charging dumb prices on Ebay... I regret not getting Cliffjumper, Bumblebee, Optimus Prime, Megatron, and Astrotrain when I had the chance. Didnt mean to sound greedy^^

8. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    Since I can't fathom what the repaint of cyclonus would be. I assume that's probably a mold that will not be repainted, and in theory mold will be much more scarce in time while potentially:

cheetor- tigatron
    hound/ravage- swindle/steeljaw
    starscream- sunstorm
    Inferno- Grapple? I guess they would just clip something else in the water cannon slot.

Personally I just think universe is the line for troop building epic war! I've got five silverstreak and six acid storm from wave 3 loose around my shelves.

9. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

I'm Hoping for a Targetmaster Triggerhappy anf blowpipe repain out of the classics cyclonus mold. He would need a head change though but it could work.

10. mrclean08

mrclean08 G1 FOR LIFE

I have yet to see them in my area. :confused: 

11. Zherbus

Zherbus In Shogo Hasui, we trust.

News Credits:
    Why troop build with Silverstreak? At least with Sunstreaker you can emulate the Machination Clones from IDW. :) 

And Hasbro isn't going to release anything rare (with the exception of HTS exclusives), the products just hit shelves at the most inconsistent and annoying times. So the extremes are: a few people have two Hounds right now, a bunch of us haven't seen him. In a month, Hound will be old news. I'd only have bought an extra one to kit-bash or save as a collector.

Fortunately for other TF fans in GA, I suck at bashing and I don't keep a whole lot MISB/MISP.

12. fragglerock

fragglerock Banned

WTF does "from a collectors standpoint" meen? So if there were a million Hounds and 1 Cyclonus, you would have did the opposite? How about leave the Hound that you didnt need on the shelf. Toys stopped being valuable a LOOOONNNNG time ago when people started thinking like you.

13. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    O.P. You are essentially asking if these toys are going to command higher then retail prices after they are gone. And the answer to that is... yes.

The real questions is, how much more? And no one here knows that for sure. In the near future, probably less than retail. In 10 years? Maybe more.

It's kind of a silly question to ask because it goes without saying that no one knows which toys will end up becoming a future holy grail.