Are ALL our complaints about Prime being addressed? SPOILERS

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by Joalro, Apr 17, 2011.

1. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Some people in the background would be a nice touch. There are times on the show when it seems like the kids are the only people within a hundred miles. The street racing episode also seemed like one of the few times we got several cars that were not Autobots or Decepticons.

2. Joalro

Joalro Well-Known Member

The decepticons have had Megatron as their leader for millions of years. It takes time for them to adjust to the fact that ANYONE else is their leader. It has nothing to do with Starscream. However, Starscream is really doing the best he can and IS in fact slowly gaining the fear of his underlings. He is very twisted and they are soon learning that. The vehicons are now listening to him completely, and i'm sure Knock Out has learned a lesson from his last experience.

I personally really like how Starscream is being portrayed. I wouldn't want that changed at all.

3. Julliant

Julliant This space for rent.

The issue is that Starscream isn't doing ANYTHING with his leadership. The last time he made a move was episodes ago, despite all the screentime and dialogue he's had. He apparently has an army of Vehicons/Eradicons that conveniently show up when there is an army scene, but he doesn't use his advantage of numbers to at least try to eliminate the Autobots, or harvest Energon, or something, anything.

4. Joalro

Joalro Well-Known Member

Don't forget that an enormous amount of damage occurred to the Nemesis after Darkness Rising part IV, so I'm sure many of the troops have been working on fixing that. Also more damage was done to the ship at the end of Con Job, and he also lots many troops in that explosion as well. It makes perfect sense that he's still recovering, and i would actually give CREDIT to the show for this. It's rather silly sometimes when the bad guys take a HUGE hit in one episode of the show, but are on full attack the next episode.

5. Flashdisk

Flashdisk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think it would be interesting to see what the Cybertronians eat. Once in a while, see what beverage and meals they enjoy.

Maybe a mug of oil from time to time? Or maybe a plate full of energon, perhaps? Do they have a Cybertronian version for a chef? Energon pasta?

6. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My only complaint is that in a couple of episodes Optimus just isn't around. He's the leader he should be around ll the time, and the reason why he is gone is stupid. There was one episode where he just went for a drive while all hell was breaking loose back at base and nobody could contact him??

7. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

Actually scouting and harvesting energon is probably exactly what he's been doing with most of his time. We've seen it many times in previous episodes to know that that's pretty much the Decepticons primary objective, next to taking out the Autobots.(When they can find them.) That doesn't mean they have to keep showing it every episode.
    Starscream is probably trying to gather enough energon to rebuild the space bridge.

In fact, that's also what the Autobots have been doing. Though with less success it would seem. They just keep finding stuff likc scraplets and more Decepticons.

I'm assuming you're talking about Con job? in which case they had no idea about the spy till it was too late. By the time Optimus would have gotten back, it was already over anyway.

8. scubaboy31

scubaboy31 Digital Gypsy

News Credits:
    Heh more like Cullen is expensive...

As for Prime, I do want to see the softer side of him from G1, not the basketball playing hanging out with the guys Prime as such (which so many people seem to focus on) but the Prime who gave the "there's a thin line between being a hero, and being a memory" speech to ironhide when he was injured in MTMTE. Showed a touching yet still inspiring side to him.

Maybe that's my pain problem with this Optimus, he's not inspiring enough.

9. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    This, although i thought he was at his Prime *No pun intended* in Speed Metal when he rips Knockout's door and rescues Vince.

I think this bitching is a bit much considering the show kinda just started.

10. Honorbound

Honorbound Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    These are wise words here.

You are definitely right here; he's the problem-solver and the go-to guy. What I'd like to see is the plot exploring the stress of being the guy everyone counts on and knowing that if you make a single mistake, people could die.

To tell you the truth, I don't think Optimus has ever really had a show or comic where he had the spotlight all to himself. The closest thing to that was the Transformers Armada game, and that was pretty short on character development. Transformers has always had multiple main characters sharing the spotlight instead of a single lead. In each series, there would be a good number of episodes where Optimus, the supposed face of Transformers, was hardly present.

On to another topic, I have to disagree with Autovolt; I prefer Optimus stopping the train, complete with stirring theme song (that got a reprise when Optimus caught Breakdown's missile).

11. Rob

Rob Prowl Fan

News Credits:

Umm, Transformers Spotlight; Optimus Prime :) 

12. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Problem I think is that they're trying to sell us an Optimus that has been obviously emotionally crippled by war, he really really cares but doesn't display it.... yet, we barely get development on that.

We don't get people mentioning it, we don't get him talking about it, we don't get a scene where his lack of emotion is obviously displayed, all we get is far too subtle so instead of hardened by war leader, it just feels like he's distracted with his laundry 24/7

13. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I did like it where Optimus Prime stopped the train, i thought it was cool. I just wished he does more stuff you know, since he's the main hero.

14. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

We got a little bit of that in the episode Master and Student. But I wouldn't argue that it'd be nice to get more of that.

Maybe we will in Sick Mind.

15. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If I had the show I'd increase the things people complain about because getting your panties in a bunch about something not being perfect is not being realistic.

16. Ash from Carolina

I don't know if it's so much panties in a wad as it is people who like the show but would like to see a bit more of something or wishing that something was being explored on the show a bit better.

I'd consider the panties in a wad people to be the one's who never gave the show a chance to begin with.

17. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah and if you give fans what they want it ends up sucking. Old Henry Ford quote:

“If I’d asked my customers what they wanted, they’d have said a faster horse”

Truth is fans don't know what they want until they get it.

To me the show is the best show to date. Sure there are problems but in comparison to previous shows they are very very minimal. Almost microscopic.

18. Strife

Strife Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    We're talking about Primes Characterization.... really.

We are on the same planet and the horror that was the Unicron Trilogy wasn't that long ago right?

This show is freaking fantastic. It's like they took the old "Batman: The Animated Series" motif of making every episode a mini-movie and ran with it. In fact my only complaint is that this is the second consecutive series (and third in the last 10 years) were Megatron was neutralized for at least the first 10-15 episodes some way or another.

Megatron's weekly plan to conquer the universe is part of Transformers charm. That said, I'm loving this incredibly competent Starscream doing his thing.

19. Flashdisk

Flashdisk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It would be great if we had more flashbacks of his past. Does the good leader suffer from PTSD? I'd like a look inside his mind. He's currently too quiet to get much of what he's thinking.

He's probably just like a lot of us, full of wants and regrets.

20. Ash from Carolina

Not to mention how darn boring the show would get if we got every single last thing we wanted all out of the gate. If you are going to be watching a show for years it's nice to have a build up to things or the excitement of adding something new. I mean what is there to look forward to if you got it all instantly the second you wanted it?

It kind of seems like the really good cartoon series start out not giving you everything and then grow into something great. Batman the Animated series took a while to get the rouges gallery going or Avatar the Last Airbender took a while to expand out from the land of ice. So while there are things I'd like to see in Transformer Prime I'm also happy to let the series grow into whatever awesome thing it will become.