Are ALL our complaints about Prime being addressed? SPOILERS

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Joalro, Apr 17, 2011.

1. Joalro

Joalro Well-Known Member

Since Prime debuted back in October, the fans had a number of complaints regarding the show. Once it started back up again in February, a few more complaints surfaced. My question is, how many complaints do we have left?

One such complaint was that the humans were annoying. Many people found Jack to lack personality and found Miko to be just plain annoying. Since Darkness Rising, Miko has definitely calmed down and many fans who at first hated Miko are, as one thread put it, are starting to "hate Miko less". Although she still remains the same character, they have managed to make her almost likeable.

In the last two episodes we have gotten a lot of characterization with Jack and especially with Predatory, have gotten one of the strongest Bot/boy bonds in transformers history. I personally really enjoy seeing the two of them on screen together, almost more than I enjoy seeing Arcee go solo.

Another complaint (well, mostly fear) is that it seemed that nearly every new character was gone by the end of the episode. This was true for Cliffjumper, Skyquake, Makeshift, and Wheeljack.

Now, it would seem, there truly has been a purpose to all of these characters. Cliffjumper is probably the obvious one. He really set the tone of the show as being darker and less certain. He also plays the part of giving Arcee a backstory and something to fight for, and was played up VERY well in predatory.

SPOILER

Now with future episode reveals we have the return of Skyquake. In an alternate reality, Jack, Miko and Raf are going to meet Skyquake after a landbridge malfunction. This may very well give meaning to Skyquakes death, and perhaps even makes his death necessary for some awesome story telling. This makes Skyquakes NOT a baddy of the week, but upgrades him to... well i'm not sure yet. We'll find out in a few weeks.

As for Makeshift and Wheeljack, obviously I don't know what's up with them. At this point in time it would appear as Makeshift WAS a baddy of the week, but personally I'm not entirely sure anymore.

So my question to you is... any complaints left?

2. jazzmasta32

jazzmasta32 Well-Known Member

I think a lot of this was planned before the Pilot even aired. It's just a case of the fandom being impatient.

3. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    There will always be minor complaints with various episodes but I think overall the series has been pretty good.

I enjoy the variety. I dont mind a baddy of the week sometimes or a character that shows up in different episodes. Variety will keep us all from becoming bored with it.

4. Joalro

Joalro Well-Known Member

I guess two more complaints that people have had was vehicle kibble on Transformers before getting earth modes, and Agent Fowler not in proper dress for a jet.

For the first one, it seems as though they are at least being consistent. In Predatory, Arcee, Bumblebee, and Cliffjumper all looked the same on cybertron. I'm wondering if this is done intentionally, or do to budget reasons. I refuse to believe a show that is being SO thorough on everything else missed that they should look different.

As for Fowler, I guess that is one complaint that has yet to be address at all. I'd personally laugh if Fowler claims it to be a government prototype jet that happens to have inertial dampeners in some future episode.

5. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

Funny when I read the title to the thread I thought there was a complaint about optimus which is my first and foremost complaint.

He is to static and by the book. He is only a sacrifice driven stern leader you sense very little personality or comradery from him in the show. That is the one trait any good optimus or Prime has had was a good connection with the other bots in someway. He was a likeable leader but in a way still the father figure that is why so many kids from the 80's cried their eyes out when he died.

If they ever plan on making us like optimus he needs to get the starch out. Regret and sadness over a tough leader decision does not a soul make. Thats just obvious isnt it.

6. jazzmasta32

jazzmasta32 Well-Known Member

We still need some of that though. Otherwise we get an emotionless leader who just goes "Aww, Jazz...".

7. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

I thought thats what we had lol.

Aww jazz and here ratchet you take this and drop his lifeless corpse next to megs and the other lol. Well off to the well of sparks with you lol.

I think we still need some starch that is part of primes character but he always had a softer side that he warmed up to certain characters especially at the end of a battle or before it. he was only serious during the missions.

8. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Um via the way things work, none of the fan complaints have had time to be addressed. The episodes and plots were being done long before Darkness Rising. This is just a case of first impressions giving way. There is practically no way anything positive or negative said of the show has or will affect thing this season due to the amount of time and forethought each episode has to undergo.

Season 2 is where criticisms and popular concepts are addressed.

9. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I still got three complains about it actualy.

1-Optimus- Vektsilver said it all, emotionless bore, Unicron Trilogy Optimus was better than this

2- Bumblebee- non-character, needs to speak badly because it's clear by now the writers got no idea of how to handle a voiceless character, somebody make 'em watch Wall-E so they'll get a hint!

3- Megatron- taking too long to come back, Starscream is NOT interesting as leader because all they do is joke about how nobody respects him and all, he delivers no sense of menace and on the off-chance that he somehow gets to do something cool like the Energon Harvester thing he goes back to buffoon status seconds later.
    Megatron better have alot of screentime in Season 2 to make up for his lack of doing anything

10. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    Ratchet Alt mode. we need to see it more. more Ratchet in general, and some developing of Optimus would be great too. But more Ratchet!

11. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    I'll agree Prime in G1 was written to have a little more personality. Besides being a leader, he could hang out with the troops. You'd see him play basketball with them, or being the character to give the fatherly lectures or give moral support. I'd like to see prime come out of his shell a little more in this series, but that may happen in future episodes.

12. Joalro

Joalro Well-Known Member

New episode concept: Prime has a few too many energon drinks. He REALLY comes out of his shell.

13. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I'm not sure complaints have really been tackled yet because it would be hard to change things on the fly so it might be season 2 before we start to see how the creative team responds to the fan feedback.

This week we got a Decepticon that stuck around, but she's not exactly a team player so some more Cons would be a nice addition to the show.

I really want them to cut out Bumblebee's beep boop talk and just have him speak like the rest of the characters. I'm sorry but he's just no R2D2 so he needs something better than beeping to talk.

The Decepticons need to feel like more of a threat. So perhaps in season 2 the writers can have some episodes where the Autobots don't win or it feels like they just barely won. Sort of the Beast Wars thing of sometimes Megatron got what he was after instead of the Maximals stopping him every time.

14. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    The only complaints I have now are OP being a little bland (same applies to Megatron) and a little over the top, Bumblebeeping, Ratchet becoming the least active medic in TF history (reminding me of Armada Red Alert).

15. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Quoted.

16. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    ^This.

You can't force certain things because the fandom wants it. Look at ROTF, they forced in more robots cause their weren't enough in the first film and look how that turn out......

17. Joalro

Joalro Well-Known Member

I guess I should rephrase. I agree that they aren't directly addressing our complaints. More so that most of the complaints were premature, and if we just kept quiet, they would be addressed regardless.

18. Jive Guru

Jive Guru Professional Amateur

You've got to think about this.

Season 2 is just starting to be worked on now so that there will be episodes ready to air next season. The episodes we are seeing now were written probably nearly a year ago I'd wager. Animation takes FAR longer to produce than anything live action obviously, so all these plot points were all written before any of us had probably even seen the first episode.

19. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

I don't want to see Optimus playing basketball. It's funny in G1, but that's cause it's G1. I'm ok with a more serious Prime in this series. He doesn't have to be just "another one of the guys".

We got enough of a greenhorn Prine in TFA.

20. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    They haven't fixed jack. This fandom's just impatient and is so self-important that we think everything that we take issue with is fixed is strictly because we demanded it.