Are all Korean TF's made as poorly as my new JRX?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by DELTAsnake, Mar 25, 2008.

1. DELTAsnake

DELTAsnake Decepticon

News Credits:
    I just got my MISB Korean Car Robots JRX (RID Rail Racer) in the mail. I can't belive how bad the QC is on him.

The paint apps on Midnight Express are horrible. Looking like they where done by a 3 year old missing huge patches of plastic.

Rapid Run's right arm wont stay on the ball joint and I had to loosen the screws on his legs to get his feet to slide out.

And Rail Spike's gun dosn't work (yes I tryed replacing the batteries) and his paint apps look somebody painted him using spray paint and didn't mask off the areas that where not ment to be painted.

If I didn't know he was official licensed by Takara, made by Sonokong, I would say he was a KO going by quality. If this is normal of Sonokong I'm certainly never buying a Korean TF again.

2. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Weird, nothing wrong with my Korean JRX. Paint aps are fine, joints are solid and the gun light up thing works.

Maybe you got a later run? Is there any way to check batches?

3. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Sorry to hear that :(  That sounds horrible...do you have a picture?

4. DELTAsnake

DELTAsnake Decepticon

News Credits:
    There not the best pics, but heres one of the bad paint apps on Midnight Express and Rail Spike, the toys look worse in person.

You can see a area of bad paint on the yellow knee pads next to where it should be clear.
    [​IMG]

There's white where there shouldn't be.
    [​IMG]

5. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

Sounds more like a dud than a proper representation of all Sonokong-distributed TFs.

6. rikkomba

rikkomba Retired Minicon Guru

I had the korean version and the only problem was the yellow missile... it kept getting stuck in the gun. All the rest was great.

7. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Thanks for the pics. Exchanging is not an option?

I don't think the paintjob on my Takara J4 isn't perfect, either, BTW. Sonokong quality shoud be just the same as Takara.

8. Big_Truk_Convoy

Big_Truk_Convoy Transforming is the gimik

Ive had very similar problems with 2 different Korean BigConvoy's. They both had problems with the same side arm coming off the ball joint, bad paint apps and lower quality paint. Takara's version which I finally got has a very sparkly, pretty shimmer to it. the Korean version has more matte looking paint apps. I wont buy Korean Tf's again.

9. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    I don't have a problem with Korean stuff, other than a deformed leg on my BW2 Starscream. I'm trying to come up with a way to reproduce a copy of the good part in such a way that I can end up with 2 good parts... Not working.

My Japanese JRX has loose joints, pretty bad paint, and one leg is longer than the other.

10. Might Gaine

Might Gaine The Devil Express

News Credits:
    Sonokong QC is not as good as Takara or Hasbro QC, so once in a while, you get one with issues like yours. Usually there are no problems, though.