Are all GH guitars POS or am I just terrible at keeping one alive?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by frenzyrumble, Jul 21, 2009.

1. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    I don't know what it is, but I've had my xbox for about a year now, and have been through 4 guitars. The one I just bought (MISB) already crapped out on me, I am not too hard on the strummer, but this seems to be happening too often, and I'd like to just fix the problem rather than trashing the guitar every time the strum bar craps out.

Often on sustained notes, I get an missed note or double strum error....as if I hit the strum 2 times or pressed a note not part of the chord (hard to explain the noise) I verify the problem by going to the menus and strum down 1 time to move to the next lower selection, and every 10 clicks or so, it jumps back up to the previous or clicks down 2 selections.

is this a known issue? I've seen other make guitars out there, might I have better luck with a RB guitar?

I have GH metallica, 3, 2, WT and RB2. I'd like one that works for all those (for more than a few weeks)

2. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    *nevermind*

3. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

My World Tour controller is the only one I've had a problem with. It only strums up now. I'm still using the GHIII controller and it works fine most of the time. I even broke out the old GHII controller recently and it still works pretty well. Despite the problems with the new controller, I still prefer the GH controllers to the RB controllers.

4. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

I read a story once about one of those top tier guys, the ones who are consistently rated in the top 5 on the hardest songs. He went through a guitar every 3-4 days. Mind blown.

5. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

I had a Guitar Hero party a couple of weekends ago and there was a kid there who played Dragonforce (or something equally insanely hard) on Expert + with his back to the tv and he got 100%.

6. Cruellock

Cruellock Disney Villain

My GH3 guitar died out a few weeks after I bought the game. I bought a 3rd party one (something I almost never do) and a year later it works perfectly. 3rd party controller being better than the 1st party, never saw that coming..

7. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    F_R how are you storing the guitars maybe something is putting a lot of pressure against the strum bar when you don't play?

Wow some people really must love throwing money away. What do they do to the controller, its a case of pressing/tapping buttons no need for hulk strength. My brother and I have 4 GH guitars, the drumset and mic no problem with any of them (mutliple plays through expert etc) and the first controller being the one that came with GH2.

The odd story of a defect is normal, electronical products can defect but when you read stories of 5 controllers "not working" in a space of a month you know something odd is going on. Well its their money not mine so *shrug*

8. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

I've had my GH2 Explorer since launch... still working like a charm. Same with my RB guitar. Same with a fair number of people I know.

I'm gonna go with you being terrible.

9. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Find Gary Busey!

I thought my GH3 guitar was going bad, it would only register half the notes. Fixed it when I re-sync'd it with the Xbox.

10. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    is it possible the cause is playing songs on expert and needing to hit the very fast repetitive notes which require up/down constant strumming (fast) ?

I store them next to the couch, against the wall. I think I'm just too hard on the guitar. reading some of the replies, maybe I'm too good ;) 

11. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

So you're FC'ing every song huh?

12. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    This. I've had my PS2 guitar for years and it's still going strong after multiple users beating on it, and my 360 guitar is fine as well, and it takes a good beating from time to time.

Being excessively hard on a guitar =/= mad skillz.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2009
  13. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

Well, the only way to get good enough to 100% Dragonforce on Expert is basically to practice until the whole song is muscle memory...at which point you don't need to look at the screen anymore, so that does actually make sense.

He lived at home and his parents paid for them. That was the hilarious part. The kid makes money from winning tournaments, but his parents didn't make him reinvest his winnings into the 100 effing guitars a year he was going through. Spoiled.

I've owned 4 guitars and never had a problem personally. I'm just in the last couple of months getting to the point where Hard has gotten too easy and started dipping into Expert, and I can't do the top tier stuff yet, but still. I did have a defective RB2 drum set, but that was defective out of the box and after exchanging never had a problem with drums either.

14. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    don't know what FC'ing is. Did a little research on other gaming board, turns out these guitars contantly have this problem, I guess some of you are lucky or something.