Minor/Repaint: Arcee

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by MusicMatrix, Jul 30, 2011.

1. MusicMatrix

MusicMatrix Well-Known Member

I started doing my customs has a new hobby and I thoroughly enjoy it. My goal is make new characters to have a large “cast” for the picture comics in my head. There are few guidelines about my customs you should know.

1. I have not job so little money and no way to get the expensive stuff to paint, thus everything is mostly by hand.
    2. If I can convince my wife that somebody can become somebody else, then the fandom should be able to see it too. I hope.
    3. I do this hobby for me. Not to sell or anything. I just wanted to share my thoughts and work with others.

Not any particular order of completion.

Arcee is a repaint of Generations Blurr. $12 was much cheaper than a 3rd party Arcee. I did a little bid of mods on the head to make it a little more feminine.

Attached Files:

2. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    ... first!

Getting to the non spam part of my post, I think this was a really cool idea for more than a few reasons, the colour is great, and I'm glad that you left some of the blue in the shoulders (whether or not this was intentional). However, the paint does look to be a little thick on some parts (aka where brush strokes are visible), and I'd wanna pay a little more attention to how things are masked for the next one (wheels & where different colours meet).

3. shinobi77

shinobi77 Fatbastard

Ebay:
    I don't think RC had a goatee though.....otherwise, you couldn't have picked a better mold honestly. Nice job, especially for a first timer.

4. Canukamius

Canukamius Catholic Conservative

nice

5. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Good repaint idea. However I do have to agree that you applied the paints rather heavily, and there are noticeable brush marks on the figure.

6. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Yeah, shoulder pads are definitely in. :) 

Also as Hippie Trooper suggested in another thread, reading up on what other customizes on here have learned will definitely be your friend. I know that's what I'll be doing before I attempt anything of my own.

7. Primus_feather

Primus_feather Well-Known Member

Maybe go with Drift next time (more white plastic over all) hmm Arcee outta the Drift mold ... Heres a list of things this mod brings to mind:
    ~Different head- DEFINITELY!
    ~Some "Air-Bags" behind the Windshield (think Powergirl)
    ~Maybe paint the bottom of the car a different color then the legs, give the illusion of slender "lanky" legs.
    ~Swords! I know the pistols were very G1, but recent interpretations of Arcee have her favoring the blade!
    ~Smooth the waist aka "Tummy tuck!"
    Otherwise a nice job!