Arcee to share the fate of TFA Prowl?

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Black Oracle, Feb 1, 2012.

1. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    With Optimus now suffering a case of amnesia (not unlike TFA Arcee's memory loss), falling into the hands of the Decepticons and being kept aboard the Nemesis (also like TFA Arcee in the final S3 eps.), he finds himself in the new and awkward position of 'damsel in distress' :D . So who's going to rescue him? Going by the recent S2 trailer, we see Arcee and Jack apparently driving through Cybertron and Arcee on the Nemesis interrogating a Vehicon for Optimus' whereabouts. This is reminiscent of TFA's S3 final eps. where the 'bots leave Earth to go to the moon and Ratchet finds Arcee on the Nemesis. If TFP works out like TFA, we may see Arcee and Jack restoring Optimus to his former self as Ratchet and Sari did for Arcee in TFA. Like Sari who carried the Allspark key, Jack now carries the key to Vector Sigma. So could Jack and Arcee be travelling to Cybertron on a mission to find VS in the hope that it could restore Optimus' lost memories? This would also be like Sam journeying to Egypt in RotF in search of the Matrix in order to revive Optimus.

What have we often seen in the past with great Cybertronian sources of power though? Someone nearly always has to be sacrificed. In G1, Alpha Trion sacrificed himself to activate VS. In RotF, Sam nearly died in order to earn the power of the Matrix. In TFA, Prowl gave up his spark at the end of the series to complete the reconstituted Allspark. So could TFP's VS also demand a sacrifice for its use?

TFP Arcee is heavily influenced by TFA Prowl in character and design. Could she be destined to meet the same final fate as him? Would she end up sacrificing her spark in order to activate Vector Sigma in a style similar to how Prowl sacrificed his spark in order to complete the reconstituted Allspark? Being Jack's partner, she'd likely be with him when he finds VS. The close bond Arcee has with Optimus, a reflection of Ratchet's emotional connection to Arcee in TFA, would give reason for her to willingly sacrifice herself to save him.

If indeed Arcee is to be the major character death we've been expecting in TFP, her close ties with Optimus and Jack and her difficult history of lost partners would give her loss great emotional impact. And the emphasis on her during S1 would be justified.

If my theory on Arcee's death is completely wrong though, then I'm betting on Bulkhead biting it. Wheeljack would then come and replace him as Miko's new guardian. Miko would mature some after Bulkhead's death, losing her trouble-making streak. And she would start to take after Wheeljack, becoming a more serious fighter.

Something else I considered too, no real basis for this, just a wild guess, is TFP Bumblebee possibly borrowing some influence from TFA Optimus for his history when it comes to be revealed. Maybe he could also be revealed to be living in the shadow of some kind of major past mistake or failure (which could have been what cost him his voice) and now he's trying to make up for it in his service to Optimus Prime. Maybe David Kaye could voice BB before the loss of his voice as a bit of a TFA Optimus homage? And stretching the TFA Optimus influence idea a bit further, if Arcee really does die, BB, who was like a brother to her, may start taking it upon himself to resolve Arcee's former rivalry with Airachnid. Thus BB could come to develop some kind of tense relationship with Airachnid, which would also echo TFA Optimus' conflicted relationship with Blackarachnia. The fact that they're both bug-themed (a bee and a spider) would seem to make them a compatible match. And BB's optimism and trust in others would be an interesting contrast to Airachnid's cruelty and rogue nature.

So, thoughts?

2. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Well it's true that Arcee's very much influcneced by TFA Prowl however having her die like that would be almost ripping off his death makin gher more like a copycat rather then her own thing.

Overall one way or another I STRONGLY think that killing her off would be a horrible idea because she's too much loved and awsome to lose. It'll drive away people from the show and as a result having the raitings go down because she's one of the reason why many people like Prime so much. It would be a dumb move in my book.

Besides she's pretty much in the same position of Movie Bumblebee more because of her relationship with Jack who's arguably the main human. Killing her off would be like killing off Movie Bumblebee therby destroying the dynamics btween them. Who'll Jack be partners with if she does die? I seriously can't see Jack going with another bot like Wheeljack or someone else because it wouldn't be the same. Again that's like replacing Bumblebee in the movies for soemone like Sideswipe. You'd lose that emotional connection completay thereby alienating people who grew to love them together. If she does die however heaven forbid it should be at the tail end of the seires so it wouldn't be much torture for the fans

However I DO agree about Bulkhead dying though because he has as much screentime as Arcee and has enough character to make you care for him and yet at the same time not too much so that if he dies it won't be a waste. Hearing how Miko''s going to have major character growth in Season 2 Bulkhead's death is the most likely ticket. His death could actually add something to the table in a good way.

It's still a VERY good observation nontheless I'm not criticizing your throery at all! Maybe what if that Arcee does plan to give out her spark but then Bulhead rushes in and gives up HIS spark instead so that he ends up makes the sacrifice instead. It'll add some major credit and label him more as a hero not to mention a MAJOR twist to boot!

I also agree about the other similartys of Animated with Prime espically with Bumblebee. It would be in fact intresting if Bumblebee is indeed like Animated Optimus!

3. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator

News Credits:
    You came back with a vengeance B_O!! :D  I'm hoping you're overthinking it as far as the loss in/within the Autobot camp, they're too few to begin with....and if anybot is lost, I would like to think it would be one that was left on Cybertron..one who helps Jack and Arcee with VS and is prepared to make THAT ultimate sacrifice for Orion/Optimus. Just my :2c: 

Last edited: Feb 1, 2012
  4. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    That's an intresting theory....Maybe someone like Grimlock? I mean there's a pretty good chance of him bein gleft behind on Cybertron and it could be like a redemption story for him for being hard on Prime and all the decisons that Grimlock made that perhaps cost his team's trust and perhaps a member's death by his hands. Just a thought.

5. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    She's the only autobot on the show I give a damn about, and don't actively hate. She goes, so do I.

6. Challenger

Challenger Loves Bumblebee

News Credits:
    I've been feeling like all of the focus on Arcee and Bulkhead during season 1 meant that one of them would end up being the character death in season 2. I'm leaning more towards it to being Bulkhead because of how Miko is supposed to have some character growth during season 2. But I can see it possibly being Arcee instead. I've thought about it before with her loss of partners in the past how she might end up dying while breaking the cycle so to speak by doing something to prevent Jack from being killed at some point in the show. It would be one way to draw her story to a conclusion.

And I would love to see some of TFA Optimus in Bumblebee! It's crossed my mind before about David Kaye possibly being the one to voice Bumblebee before he lost his voice (and if he gets it back then too), but I haven't really put much thought into Bumblebee being the character that he could be voicing.

7. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I sure hope so.

8. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If they could pull it off so that it matches the pathos of Prowl's death, then sure why not.

9. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator

News Credits:
    You're picking up on Grimmy because of the new FOC game kg?? Well, IF they want to have a tie-in perhaps, but I was thinking more along the lines of those left behind in the Exodus novelization. Personally, I would love to see that tie-in to TFP Season 2.

10. Chromia217

Chromia217 I luv Mark Hamill

Wow, this is quite the extensive observation, and it does appear, by your observation, that the series could be headed in this direction. I'm looking forward to see what unfolds!

11. Ironhide1706

Ironhide1706 Elessar Telcontar

I believe you are correct, and the show will be fine without her presence. Bring in new and interesting characters that don't get old after five episodes.

12. StarryAqua

StarryAqua Former fandom follower

News Credits:
    There are definitely similarities that might be too close to call when refering to other media. Am I expecting many similarities? Well, that's already been a given, but based on the sacrifice of a character, I'm not sold yet.

I don't want to say anything is too predictable when it comes to Prime, but I still tend to keep an open mind to decrease disappointment in case something goes horribly wrong.

I definitely see Arcee as the sacrificial type, just not for the restoration of one's memory, even if it is Optimus Prime. A decision that big would best be saved for a universe-saving moment, IMO. Despite her emotional attachment to Optimus and Jack (which one does she feel more attached to anyway? Past episodes seem to point towards Jack.) sacrificing herself for the greater of another being's good, at least this early in the series, seems like a bad decision.

13. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    Me too. Though I may still watch the show if she dies but will have a hard tome doing so though!

Well seeing how the writers said that there may be beast formers on Cybertron as well as haing the Dinobots on the radar not to mention the possible connection or at least aspects of FOC then it could be a possilty!

Good point on the one who were left behind on Cybertron in the books. It could be the time for Hot Shot to appear if he is on the show. I was thinking what if Arcee does decide to give up her spark but Bulkhead does it insted despite her protests? It'll be a majot twist not to mention make Bulkhead a hero by helping Optimus gain his memorys back!

That's my idea anyway.:) 

14. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    How do you know that? For all we know the show may get hurt horribly because of it. It can damage the dynamics,relationship and ratings from her death! Just because you want her gone doens't mean it'll be a good thing. Besides Miko anitcs are the ones that get REALLY old and yet I"m not hearing that from you!

15. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    While I agree, the show would still need to write off Miko to make it watchable for me.

16. Ironhide1706

Ironhide1706 Elessar Telcontar

You are well aware of my opinion on Arcee, so please don't go on about it in every thread that I contribute to that is based on a character I feel is annoying and repititive. Just ignore my comment if it bothers you and stop it. I dislike Miko very much but this is a thread for Arcee, I will gladly voice my opinion on Miko in a thread about her.

17. Sideways77

Sideways77 oh shoogah

News Credits:
    (Giggles excitedly)

I do like the theroy, but I must admit, Arcee is a combat person. I'd think Arcee would bite it in battle, either by Airachnid, Megatron, or (Fangasm) Dreadwing.

I'd think it'd be a cool way to introduce Dreadwing if he killed one of the main cast... Arcee? As much as I'd say yes, I have to say no. Maybe have him smash Bulkhead, But it'd still be cool if he took her out. (WITH a fair fight, Kaijujguy.)

18. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    Everything that has happened on TFP up until this point has brought the show to a similar point as the end of TFA. We have seen developing friendships between the 'bots and humans, old rivalries, close relationships, traumatic pasts, and the preservation of Earth at the end of S1. Arcee has been the stand-out character amongst the 'bot cast throughout S1. She has had noticeably deeper development of history, character and relationships than the other Autobots. Why would this be? She's been set up for a fall. We've had to see and learn as much about her as possible throughout the 1st season in order to have got to know and formed an attachment to her character. Of all the Autobots, her death would affect us the most, because she has been built up as the character to care about the most. And what was the purpose of giving Arcee a 'special bond' with Optimus if not to provide a personal reason for her dying for him and to give emotional significance to her passing? And the loss of two partners which was a cause of great long-term turmoil for Arcee would be something to put rest with her death. She would be rejoining her fallen partners and she would be comforted by the survival of her final partner Jack. It's all been perfectly laid out imo.

Gosh, I've thought about this way too much!

19. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    You're really enjoying this aren't you?:sly: 

Well for all we know Arcee may be alive for all of the shows run which I fully support the idea of. I'd rather have Arcee taking out Airachnid in a fair fight then the other way around as for Megatron,let's face it his death belongs to Otpimus's honour.

I wouldn't mind seeing Dreadwing kill of bulkhead but if he kills off Arcee then he's on my hated character list for a very long time!

20. Chromia217

Chromia217 I luv Mark Hamill

I would love to see new characters. There is a huge array of ones to choose from. If we lose Arcee, then that's the breaks. Life goes on. My number one choice is obviously Ironhide, but I will continue watching if he doesn't show up, or if he does show up and the writers kill him. There is Jazz, Mirage, Sideswipe, Barricade, Chromia, Elita, Grindor, Slipstream... goodness I could go on!