Minor/Repaint: Arcee repaint custom

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Jedi_Master_Ben, Oct 10, 2007.

1. Jedi_Master_Ben

Jedi_Master_Ben Well-Known Member

Hi Everyone,

I am new here and found this board during my research into custom Transformers. You all have a wonderful community here. I am getting back into Transformers after a 20 year break. I really enjoyed the movie and it helped respark my love for the brand. I am a sculptor over at the online toy company, Good To Go Customs, where we cater to the 1/18th scale customizers. I would like to extend an invite to anyone here to come join us and provide some imput for parts you would made for your projects. I look forward to be a valued member of this community. Now onto my custom.

The Backstory:

I knew about Arcee from the cartoon movie and later, the tv show. I passed on the earlier Target Arcee figure becaused she looked like a repack of an older design and did not appeal to me. Then I saw the picture of the newer "Movie" style Arcee figure and was very impressed. I wanted to know more about this figure and why she was not in the movie. I did the research and found the picture of the concept art of her and the backstory behind her absence from the film and it intreaged me even more so. So when the figure came out, I just had to pick her up (along with the concept Bumblebee... a great day). I showed Arcee to my wife and daughter (who both loved the movie as much as I did) were very supportive of having a female bot for the film after seeing her.

Flash forward a few weeks and I was able to attend the JOECON in Atlanta with the family. We had a great time. One of the pieces on display was a Ironhide Hisstank at 1/18th scale. It was fantastic! After the con, I started thinking about the film again (we saw the Imax version during the con trip). The soldiers in the film could have easily have been replaced with G.I.Joe characters and would not have come off as being cheesey, espeacialy after looking at some of that fabulous artwork from the newer crossover comics. I got me thinking, why not make a diorama using Joe figures and 1/18th scale Transformer Movie figures (custom made of course). To give you an idea on how that might work, here is Scarlet and Arcee together:

Scarlet and Arcee in robot mode
    [​IMG]

Scarlet riding Arcee
    [​IMG]

I plans to scale up the other Transformers to scale starting with Bumblebee, but I will save that for another thread. So to get me started for this project, I wanted to give Arcee a more movie acurate look. I notice a huge difference in detail changes in the toy verses the concept art. As a sculptor myself, I knew there was a trade off of design for function when it comes to toys. So the only thing I could do to bring this design closer to the original design was through repainting the figure. Like with any project I get into, I do my homework and see what other versoins were out there and compair to the concept design. I chosed to repaint the body after doing some paint matching with the face so that there would be consistancy throughtout the piece. Here are my results:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

For the base color, I mixed 3 part Magenta, 1 part Blue, and 1 part Silver. I think this gave the matalic look to the paint. For the face, I used Silver, Gun Metal, and Black. For other detial areas, I used more gun metal with accents of silver, gold and for the signals on the front wheels, I used orange. All the paints I used are acrylic base. I still need to pic up some Clear gloss coat to seal in the paint. I really am happy with the results.

I hope you enjoyed the pictures as much as I enjoyed painting her. I look forward to showing you all more cool things in the near future.

Jedi_Master_Ben

Attached Files:

2. TonyzCustomz

TonyzCustomz Am I doin it rite? TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Welcome Benny! Nice repaint I kind of hate the purple, but pink and white definitely suit her. I think its kind of crazy how some can leave something and then years later just jump back into the fray, and this communities great so you should feel at home.

BTW checked out your site and you guys got a lot of talent. :thumb 

3. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Welcome to TFW2005! I hope we can see many things from both you and G2G in the future on here! :thumb 

4. TENIME_art

TENIME_art Ethically Challenged

Ebay:
    Nice paintjob! (Totally stealing your pose of her for my shelf!!) God, I hate that lack of articulation on Scarlett. So disappointing...

Dude, I love GTG!! I was introduced to it by Mysterious Stranger from JoeBattleLines!!

He says you're working on some 8"/Sigma 6 parts and accessories, and I'm looking forward to them. My wallet isn't, but it's never happy with me anyways... :p 

5. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Pretty Cool. :D 

6. Otispq

Otispq Elocution Onymous

News Credits:
    Nice with the pinks and silver, soo much better than original, and I like the original just fine.

7. iheartarcee

iheartarcee Idonotheartbeastwars

looks like some hot girl on autobot girl action there in one shot... how daring ;) 

8. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Welcome aboard, and what a nice way to start your time here. Great custom, looks real nice. Love the deluxe Arcee mold..one of the best for the deluxe line.

9. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    welcome aboard. nice paintjob.

10. tanleeseng

tanleeseng Well-Known Member

11. Jedi_Master_Ben

Jedi_Master_Ben Well-Known Member

Fixed pictures

Attached Files:

12. Alloy Alchemist

Alloy Alchemist Decepticon sympathizer

Cool to see you back on the boards , I hope too see some 1/18 crossovers from you soon !