Arcee = Neytiri?

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Spunky, Dec 4, 2010.

1. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

I just saw Episode 5, and, given Jack's strange comments toward Arcee, I had a thought that I hope is not true. In the movie, "Avatar", Jake, a frail crippled human, through an Avatar, is able to interact with and fall in love with a strong 10 foot tall blue Navi warrior named Neytiri.

Well Arcee's a tall blue warrior as well. I hope the writers are not planning on giving Jack a 14-foot tall Transformers avatar so he can use it to fall in love with Arcee and do who knows what else with her. I don't think that will happen, but his comments towards Arcee are now starting to get a little creepy. Is he falling in love with her? (God I hope not!) Is there going to be a Cliffjumper/Jack/Arcee love triangle if Cliff ever comes back? Is Jack going to become a Transformer? Plus the name, Jack, sounds a little like Jake.

2. Thundersmacker

Thundersmacker More then meets the lie

You forget mentioning Arcee being Jacks first 'ride' and him fondling and appreciating her curvatures ;)  I bet Arcee can conjure up some nice holograms for the satisfaction of her new driver. Then again, she seems to be a no nonsense girl perfectly able to handle a tight spot or harder times.

3. Kando

Kando Well-Known Member

No.

4. Zherbus

Zherbus In Shogo Hasui, we trust.

News Credits:
    Hahaha... this.

And mostly that.

5. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

Ooooh dear lord...

6. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

Again Jack's and Arcee's lines creeped me out and I was telling others earlier that Episodes 1 and 2didn't reveal Jack having any love interest in Arcee. He thought at first that she was just a motorcycle, and being a motorhead, was fondling her. But Episode 5 appeared to be pushing that a little too much. I just hope the writers aren't going to go off the deep end and do something really crazy.

7. Flashdisk

Flashdisk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hmm.......

Interspecies romance is not unheard of. Human-machine romance reminds me of BattleStar Galactica, Metropolis(anime), Astroboy, Battle Angel Alita, Blade Runner, True Blood. It even reminds a bit of Eureka 7. These were actually really good shows/films.

Battle Star Galactica had the relationship between the Cylon Athena Sharon and Helo which ended up with Hera. Also there was the engineer Tyrol with the human girl(who ended up killed by another Cylon. The anime Metropolis(film) made by Ozamu Tezuka; a story about the destruction of one of mankinds greatest cities. It had a male and female protagonist that had a close relationship. The female of which is a robot girl that was supposed to be some kind of man made god. The miniseries I watched about Battle Angel Alita had a seemingly young cyborg girl(the protagonist) fall in love with a young boy. After a series of incidents, the young boy ends up getting his head chopped off and become a cyborg as well. Of course it didn't have a happy ending. The young boy ends up having a nervous breakdown and falling to his death from a very high place. Eureka 7 also follows a similar premise. I think even the television series True Blood, with vampire Bill and Sookie.

And if the show becomes a bit more adult oriented in terms of relationships, it is a possibility.

The more it reminds me of BSG and the other stuff I mentioned, the better. I really liked the shows I mentioned. I really liked how a lot of these films focused on such topics as tolerance for beliefs and differences. The integration of different cultures or peoples and the various conflicts that could arise because of it. They even have themes regarding family, childhood love etc. I think some of these themes might have some relevance; mirroring the various events and conflicts in real life. And if themes as complex as these could be introduced into the series, I might end up liking the creepiness.

I for one would be interested in what would happen if the population of autobots on earth grows to the point where the human race as a whole must be informed. I wonder how the autobots can integrate with normal human society. I bet there would be a lot of anxiety and a lot of people would be threatened by the appearance of highly advanced and intelligent machines. Some will embrace the new arrivals while some would be out right hostile. I wonder how human society would then react to the fact that Cybertronians aren't all good either, with the existence of beings like Megatron and his Decepticons.

And if that happens, the human cast could end up as heroes to some while villains to others.

Ragardless, I think the less it reminds people of 'Kiss players' the better. But I also don't think 'Kiss Players' should be used as an excuse to dissuade Prime from trying out intresting themes and stories which have depth.

Maybe Jack's body will die but he will become autobot X. :) 

But, then again. It might just be one's imagination.

8. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    I...What?

9. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

There are lots of different kinds of love out there. Arcee seems like the protective type now that she's lost Cliffjumper so perhaps she loves him like a son. Jack doesn't seem to have any siblings so far so perhaps he sees her as a mix of an older sister and a boys first ride.

People can love their pets but that doesn't mean they are going to get all freaky with the pet. I don't see why people think this going all romantic just because a human and robot have some sort of feelings for each other.

Although would that make Spike and Bumblebee robo-sexuals like on Futurama because they did hang out just a little too much.

10. Mister Gone

Mister Gone Macro-Con

News Credits:
    Spike is just Bumblebee's debugger.

11. Goatboy

Goatboy Well-Known Member

:rolleyes:  Question, if Arcee's role had been taken by Bumblebee and Arcee had been asigned to Miko would we be seeing topics like this pop up?

12. Creaky

Creaky King of Puppies

News Credits:
    I think it was just a joke to show that he's worried, and to demonstrate the progress their friendship has made. After all, Arcee said earlier in the ep that she'd lost someone she cared about and wasn't ready to say goodbye. She's got a tough shell, but she's caring underneath - I guess it was Jacks way of showing he was worried.

Kinda creepy in an adults perspective, but then again, adults think about sexual implications a heck of a lot more than kids. So I have a feeling it wasn't aimed at us.

(On a personal note, I don't want anything like that in the series - at least not straight away with arcee - she's just lost cliff, and they seemed to have a special relationship based on the way they interacted, which was different to how she acts with anyone else - also run on sentances rock, so there. ;)  )

13. Mister Gone

Mister Gone Macro-Con

News Credits:
    We can only hope rrrowrr.

14. Creaky

Creaky King of Puppies

News Credits:
    Then we'd get people complaining the show was sexist. :D 

15. Nerroth

Nerroth Alea iacta est.

News Credits:
    It could be the other way around; in theory, they could fish out the Masterforce take on Pretender technology to give one or more Cybertronians a human form to walk around in.

Or even go and have someone like Metalhawk make a cameo appearance; say he's from one of the worlds Cybertron lost contact with after the Golden Age.

Probably won't happen, though.

16. Flashdisk

Flashdisk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think it would be interesting if they had autobot and decepticon pretenders living human lives while attacking each other in secret. Or maybe, try to improve or destroy human support for the autobots. They could make use of the themes BSG used so well.

17. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Hum female robot plus Japanese girl, no I'm sure there aren't perverts out there who could make anything out of that.

Hey at least it wasn't Miko and Soundwave since we know that Soundwave has those tentacles.

18. Ace Convoy

Ace Convoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    O SLAAAAAAAG no

19. Leadfoot

Leadfoot The Strongest.

It's actually pretty risque territory given all the quibbles about female TFs fans have. It would be one thing if he didn't adoringly stroke her curves and exchange flirty dialog with her, but there's definitely some play going on with the writing.

20. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube: