Arcee is a transvestite?

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Superion33, Jun 28, 2009.

1. Superion33

Superion33 Banned

Just read her Spotlight. Is this true? That Jhiaxus experimented on a previously male gender robot and converted him into a female? Omg, talk about ruining all your childhood memories - to now think of the only female TF as a he-she.

2. transmetal2dinobot

transmetal2dinobot Sub-Commander

Ebay:
    well that would make her more a transsexual, because jhiaxus actually screwed with her biology. the idwverse takes some strange liberties at times.

3. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    :lol  im drawing a blank at what to say here

4. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Perfect By Nature

News Credits:
    Since robots have neither male nor female gender uh... bits... the answer to everything is no.

5. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    This is why I only follow the first 2 years of the 80's cartoon as canon. That, and anything at and after Prime's return. Sorry, "Not-Optimus", but your flames and magenta just doesn't scream "Heroic Leader" to me.

And as for Arcee being a man surgically turned into a woman against it's will, well...Blame IDW.

But then again, as with anything Transformers fiction, like which ever stories you like and believe only what you like to believe. No one said you have to like everything they create and do. I for one, hated the Beast Machines show but I LOVE the toys.

Isn't that right Supreme Optimus Primal?

"The seeds of the future lie buried in the past!"

Right, I thought so.

6. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    I'm still trying to figure out why they have to explain it. Just say there are male and female robots. There your done. I didn't ask why during G1, I didn't ask why during Beastwars, I didn't ask why during Masterforce, I didn't ask why during cybertron, and I didn't ask why during animated. There are male and female almost everything on this planet. It's how things work. I don't need an explanation. Especially bad ones.

7. netkid

News Credits:
    Exactly.

I guess they chalk it all up to not wanting to explain in a Children's Toyline that when a Manbot and a Fembot love each other very very much, sparks ignite (literally), parts combine to form something other than Devastator, and leading motor oils get exchanged...Yeah.

Anyways, I still find it no worse than saying "Hey Sally, it seems your favorite Transformer, Arcee, was really once a man who was then against his own free will, surgically made into a woman. Now how about that!"

Yeah, I'm sure Sally will take that real well while looking incredibly confused at her Arcee toy collection.

If anything, I'd just explain it as "Look, we got boy robots and we got girls robots, same deal with human boys and human girls, same deal with all the other animals on our planet. Boys and Girls. Simple as that."

Done and done.

8. Jetfireinthesky

Jetfireinthesky Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The way I read it (it's been a while) was that the Transformers were asexual and had no concept of gender until Jhiaxus's experiment. Acree was genderless but now "knows" she's a she and somehow any transformer around her subconsciously thinks in genders but doesn't realize it.

I might be wrong though. It's been a while.

9. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Rebuilding Veteran

News Credits:
    Originally: Huntington Beach, CA, Now: Cincinnati
    *Wonders how long it will take before this takes a turn that get's it locked*

10. netkid

News Credits:
    As long as we don't have something beyond PG-13 here, we'll be okay.

Well,...^that, or people get into a massive page spanning argument on the origin and purpose of Fem-bots in the TF Universe...which knowing how people are here, could very well happen.

And on that note I'm leaving this thread in fear of either possible outcomes becoming a reality.:confused2 

11. kidnicky

kidnicky Well-Known Member

This.

12. Lunar Archivist

Lunar Archivist Well-Known Member

I thought the whole concept was dumb, personally. Especially since it involved altering her genetic code. Note to IDW: Robots are machines and don't have DNA. :banghead: 

What I can't believe is that Simon Furman said he wouldn't introduce female Transformers unless he had a good explanation for them and that this was the best that he could come up with. You don't need this convoluted and riduculous an explanation.

Some people here hate the Quintessons, but their having created the Transformers has the existence of gender make the most sense: it stands to reason that consumer goods robots would cater to the tastes of their clientele and that at least some alien races out there had genders like we do.

13. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

I blame the Watchmen movie for this.

14. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

Yessssssssss... perfect sense.

:lol 

15. ArmadaJetfire

ArmadaJetfire <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

Theres a simple reason why there are female transformers.....I mean who else was going to cook the robo eggs and fetch the 30w motor oil for the Transformers?

16. DreadwindsGhost

DreadwindsGhost Micro Mad

True, they don't. They have CNA.

Personally, I like the whole 'experiments with gender' angle. It just works for me, can't say why. It raises many questions bout ethics, and introduces the idea that Arcee is a certified badass. :D 

17. ginrai

ginrai lost with no way home.

I still think " Prime's Rib " is the best Arcee story.. Made her because of Human females whining about all the Autobots being " Male " .. then its " Why's she so dainty " .. then after she kicks two decepticons butts its ' Whys she pink '.. was a really funny story..

But that the Consumer Goods angle makes a good amount of sense too. I mean if the Autobots were essentially house cleaners and chauffeurs.. of course there would be Female Autobots.. and thats played out..

18. yodafett

yodafett Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    What series are those from?

19. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

*reads up on Spotlight: Arcee*
    Good grief, and people are still paying Furman to do this? There are people turning out far superior fanfic for fun, and this hack gets paid for... CNA? Oh for fuck's sake. Does Furman know what a robot is? Suddenly all the crap he's done begins to make sense: he thinks robots are people in metal suits.

20. Rodentus prime

Rodentus prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There are lots of female transformers - Arcee is the only one who didn't stay put in the garage like she was supposed to - simple.