Arcee: iGear vs Impossible Toys

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Insane Galvatron, Aug 29, 2012.

1. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Anybody know if there are any comparison photos of the two? Are they around the same size/scale? Or is the iGear one bigger? I have the TFCon Nightbird and I like the size, but the iGear Arcee looks better to me. However, iGear's site shows it with what looks like MP-01, but it could be Faith Leader. If it's MP-01, then their Arcee might be too big. Since both of these run around $100, I don't want to buy both so I'd like to see the size comparisons first.

Any help pointing to a side by side shot of the two, or both of them with other figures would be greatly appreciated.

**EDIT** I do not have a classics collection. Only G1. I need to know which works better in that context. If someone can provide some pics of Delicate Warrior with some G1 season 3 bots, it would be appreciated.

2. Lapse of Reason

Lapse of Reason Well-Known Member

No pic, but I have the igear Arcee and it is vastly superior to the other one. Don't even waste your money. Get the igear Arcee.

She stands just a little shorter than an average deluxe. Fits in perfectly with classics.

3. johnchow604

johnchow604 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  4. johnchow604

johnchow604 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  5. odeean

odeean Infiltrator

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

Igear=deluxe
    Impossible toys=basic

6. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    iGear's is way better from what I've been reading. Impossible Toy's has tons of issues.

7. Optimist_Prime

Optimist_Prime The Original Optimist!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  8. LamboTwinLove

LamboTwinLove Lambo Assassin

Igears is by far the one to go with. I sat for months comparing the 2 figures, and the Impossible Toys one is just not nearly as awesome as the igear one. She fits in with the classics line perfectly and is the BEST representation of a G1 Arcee. Go with Igear and maybe they will do the res of the female Autobots.

9. Demonss

Demonss Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ahh my video..
    Let me say this.. I can't STAND the IT arcee..
    She feels super cheap (plastic quality). You can see the brushed on paint.
    Her joints stink and see generally can't stand on her own.. She's pretty small comparatively.

I can't for the life of me figure out why the TRNS one fetches as much as it does on ebay anymore.

I had the arcee version sold her about a week after buying her brand new when she first released, actually traded her for a cybertron soundwave, whom the trader felt "ripped off" after due to how low quality she was.

I bought that medic specifically for that review.. then sold it immediately following (for a loss).
    So I essentially threw like 10-15 away so I could compare.
    And keep in mind "medic" had work done to TRY to make her joints better so she could stand on her own.

10. DBarricade

DBarricade General Nutcase

Seems to me as though there's no contest at all, and just get Delicate Warrior.

11. Demonss

News Credits:
    The only things that was MARGINALLY better about IT's arcee is that I feel the sculpting on the face looks just a bit nicer (I like the slightly longer chin of the IT version). The screws are a bit better hidden than the igear version as well. BUt those hollow legs and such.. ugh.

I could see the decision being tough when you could get IT arcee for her original asking price still (which was $70) but.. Yeah even at that price it's too close to igear's far superior version.

12. Kuma Style

Kuma Style I'm boney. I'm boney; Leave me aloney! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    This isnt' to speak for everyone, but when I was looking for my Delicate Warrior, I kept getting that and the IT one mixed up.

13. Crimson87

Crimson87 Senior Member

I've got them both. Igear wins here hands down. My IT version actually was a little bit flimsy and one of the wheel wells actually fell of at one point while transforming it. Was easy to reglue without any marks but the whole idea of it breaking/falling off in transformation demonstrated the flimsiness of the plastic.

The only thing the IT version has going for it is a slightly better headsculpt.

I will eventually be selling of my IT version as I no longer use it for display when compared to the Igear Arcee.

14. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I had that problem too, which is why I never ordered Delicate Warrior (unfortunately). I agree with all that the IT Valyk is not a great toy, but I still like her headsculpt a LOT better and the over all styling on some level.

That said, I don't regret selling mine, and am not so attached to Medic or Nightbird either, hope to pick up Delicate Warrior eventually

D/L

15. Demonss

News Credits:
    Yeah I think that's an intention of the ebay sellers.. pricing it at delicate warrior prices and hoping you'll think that's what you're getting..

I just bought her from igear to save that worry..
    I figured if igear sent me the IT toy.. We'd be in for some trouble.
    Notably she's still available there.

16. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    iGear's is fantastic. DON'T waste your money on that piece of shit one by Impossible toys.

17. Big Dawg

Big Dawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I never really liked the look of either and recently purchased the pink PE motobot to fill my arcee gap. Even thoguh she turns into a bike I absolutely love it.

18. iron maniac

iron maniac Help Uncle Sixshot, Help!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Do not waste your money on that impossible toys garbage. I have Igear Arcee, perfect size, perfect everything. Just buy it, it's not that much more, you won't regret it.

19. Demonss

News Credits:
    I don't have a problem with bike arcee since she's a bike in the comics.. But.. I look at PE motobot and I don't feel "she" is very feminine looking.
    Though I struggle with the urges to get one because it looks like a fun toy!

20. DBarricade

DBarricade General Nutcase

Motobot RC is a pretty fun toy. Maybe try for the blue one to be almost like Chromia in your collection, or the DX02 that appears to homage Animated Black Arachnia. The big thing for this mold is that it beats most anything transformer-y around its size in terms of useful articulation - hands down. That, and a crazy amount of weapons vs. Deleicate Warrior's pistols/hand cannons. (or Valkyrie's pea shooters)