Minor/Repaint: Arcee face

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by biofreak659, May 6, 2017.

1. biofreak659

biofreak659 Active Member

I find it odd that both the Legends and the Autobot heroes version of this mold have lipstick, but the Generations one only has a weird line down the middle of the lips. It makes Arcee look like she's sizing you up for a meal.

IMG_20170506_140938503.jpg
    This is also an awful picture, so keep that in mind.

My Arcee has a ding in the paint beside her mouth as well. I also think there's some worn paint around her lips too, which makes me think that whoever had this before me (got it on ebay) may have tried to give her a makeover too, but that's just speculation.

I used Vallejo acrylics (a mix of red, white, and a touch of sky blue, for the sake of fashion, as Arcee's main body pink has slight blue undertones) for the lipstick, then went over it in Vallejo gloss—I figure matte lips weren't a thing yet in '86. Her upper lip is a touch crooked, which comes off as a coy smirk in the picture, but is much more annoying in real life

IMG_20170506_181005374.jpg
    I also picked out her nose in a watered down (and slightly redder) mix of the lip color, and I paneled lined (not sure if it's still called that when it isn't strictly panels) her head. I tried my best to colormatch her face pink, but my mix was a litttttle too pink. Oh well.

Anywho, thanks for looking!

IMG_20170506_183439048.jpg
    Arcee is... Coverbot May 2017

• Like Like x 7
  2. Space Skeletor

Space Skeletor On umpteenth levels of outdated memes.

Oh, I might have to pick up that technique for noses. It helps to add some needed definition around the upper part of the face.

• Like Like x 1
  3. closetrat

closetrat Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Dig the contouring trick - ladies do it with makeup all the time, so it's definitely past due for a fembot.
    Also like the color you used on the lips & the execution is nice & clean (esp @ this scale).