22 vote(s)
    15.4%
  2. No! I love her!

121 vote(s)
    84.6%
  1. Ironhide1706

Ironhide1706 Elessar Telcontar

SPOILERS

I'm in the minority who wishes Arcee was killed when you know who attacked her. I have included a poll to see just how different everybody's opinions are.

Discuss!

EDIT: I like Arcee, she is my favorite Autobot. But perhaps having her seriously injured would be better. Starscream only killed Cliffjumper and that was in cold blood. As my absolute favorite character from any TF TV show, I want him to kill someone we've got to know. Perhaps Bumblebee or Bulkhead would be a better choice?

2. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    Your title is VERY close to crossing the line into spoiler-hood.

3. Megabattimus

Megabattimus Reborn Comics Fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No, its not her time yet.

4. Ace Convoy

Ace Convoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think she'll be the one to die later in the series

5. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Fuck no. Arcee is one of the absolute best characters. Killing her off would further diminish my interest in the show.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2011
  6. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    I accidentally clicked "no". After remembering just how bad she got her ass handed to her, I'm amazed she survived.

7. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Well-Known Member

I would liked to have seen Starscream actually kill a bot in battle not one that was dragged in by others. But Screamer being stupid enuff to have not seen that comming is very good character development. but it would have been nice to see him get a kill.

8. Snark

Snark Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Kill not only the best incarnation of Arcee ever, but one of the best characters on Prime, period? Madness!

9. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    Well it would make the death meaningful. Killing Cliffjumper was only used for establishing Starscream's villain credentials. It wasn't a bad reason but that was its sole reason.

Arcee is the single best developed character in Prime on the Autobots side, so her death would have considerable emotional torque and impact.

10. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    I actually though that she was going to die in Partners, but no, now her time yet.

11. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob since 2007

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    No I'm wasn't see her being killed,and replaced by Prowl,Jazz, or Elita One.

12. Snark

Snark Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Firstly, Cliff's death wasn't solely to establish Screamer, but also to lay the groundworks for Arcee's story. In fact, I would argue that the latter was the main purpose of his death, with Screamer getting an added bonus.

Also, the fact that Arcee's the best developed character is exactly why it's a horrible idea to kill her off. As it is, she's the main character in all but name, and you just don't kill the main character.

It's one thing to get a strong audience reaction from killing a fan favourite, it's another to kill off the point of view character, whom a significant portion of the central narrative and thematic development of the show seems to center on.

Finally, unlike nearly every other character on the show, a possible death for Arcee simply cannot be seen in a vacuum. Transformers has a very poor history with female characters, with Prime only beginning to unravel the years of this poor history. Killing arguably the best female character in Transformers history would severely damage much of the good will Prime has garnered in this respect.

13. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Why would you want to kill one of the strongest characters in the story to date--Starscream being the other?

Out of all the other characters to dislike, Arcee is at the top of your list? Really? Why? Is it her design? Her story runs circles around any other Autobot and Decepticons alike save for Starscream who I would say is on par, in terms of story, with Arcee.

14. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Well put, good sir.

15. ShyGuy

ShyGuy Bye

This pretty much sums up my feelings exactly. Even though it would certainly add emotional weight to the story, Arcee is just too important to kill. Also, as stated above, Arcee's death would negate much of what the writers have done for female Transformers.

16. Una

Una Well-Known Member

Heck no! I like Arcee. They can't kill her off!

And I agree fullheartedly at the comments above, she is one of the best female characters ever. They need to keep her on. Best Arcee incarnation ever!

17. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    Let me get this straight. People actually think they'll kill off not only the main human's partner but the only character to be in every single episode and the best female character in the series history?

Let me go laugh hysterically in a corner for the next hour.

18. Creaky

Creaky King of Puppies

News Credits:
    Of course not. It'd be stupid - as a character she's got more story to give. When her story is over, depending on whether she lets her rage overwhelm her or not, we'll see then if she dies at the end of it, or survives to start a new one.

It's also pretty shitty storytelling to kill someone purely for shock value, it is rarely, if ever, well received, and can often lead to shark jumping in the near future. It's the TV equivilant of CPR, they use it to try to jump start a dying show.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2011
  19. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    No

She's the best character the Autobots have in this series. Losing her would just be one of the worst things the Prime crew could do.

20. Flashdisk

Flashdisk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wanted Starscream to win or at least stalemate Arcee. But I didn't want Arcee to die.

That incident of allowing her anger to cloud her judgement was just in one episode. And she seems to have learned from it. She has also done a lot storywise and I think she can do a lot more.

Starscream though needs to get some credibility back. He's just a punching bag at this point. Sure he has trickery, but it all ends with him beaten.