Arcana Heart 3 - English release announced

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Caterwaul, Feb 15, 2011.

1. Caterwaul

Caterwaul Busou Shinki Loremaster

2. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Oh HEEEELL NO!

My friends and I once played Arcana Heart 2 all weekend. Damn fun game....

3. Counterpunch?

Counterpunch? Interior Renovator

Ebay:
    I'm in.

4. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Brony

News Credits:
    YES! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

A lot of people give Arcana Heart shit, but the truth of the matter is that it's a well balanced game with a huge depth of game play due to the Arcana/Character choices. I'm glad to hear that AC3 is finally making it over to the states. I was just about to get the import copy from PlayAsia too!

5. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

I need this to be released on XBLA or else!!!!!

I want to play this but, I don't think I can justify a purchase of a PS3 to my wife.

6. PaladinVance

PaladinVance Watch your step. TFW2005 Supporter

this pleases me.
    *edit* wait only PSN?... great just what I need, another excuse to pony up for a PS3

7. Caterwaul

I hope they toned down some of Saki's damage. Watching her take out such a huge chunk of my life bar by comboing specials together was just disheartening.

Also, I continue to be amused by how they manage to find a new moe trait to toss in with every new version. :D 

8. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

Eh, I guess if you guys like this sort of this thing, that's cool. Kinda creeps me out to be honest. The entire roster is underage girls(or atleast look the part), it's got some kind of dating or relationship sim in it, and I think I even saw one time it has some kind character art or model viewer with the option to view them with some of their clothes removed?

I'm sure at its core it's a decent fighting game, but no thank you. Too creepy.

9. Counterpunch?

Counterpunch? Interior Renovator

Ebay:
    Says the guy with an underaged girl in his avatar AND sig.

10. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Brony

News Credits:
    I must be totally honest and say that I can't get over that sentiment. So what if the characters are underage? It's a video game!! If someone is going to be upset to the point of not touching a game based upon questionable material, I wonder how you get through modern media nowadays. This isn't anything too different with what you see in every day life. What about Prime? Two of the humans are underage, right?

The way I see it...it's a mechanically solid fighting game with huge depth in strategy and gameplay. The first Arcana Heart stunned me by how balanced the game was, with only 1 real Top Tier and only 1 real Fail tier. Everyone else was so balanced with the usage of the Arcana assists that it really helped in keeping the game really well balanced. If Arcana Heart 3 is the same, then what more could I ask for as a fighting game fan? If the questionable modes bother you...just don't play them. As I said for MvC3, my primary modes that I will play are Training and Versus. I avoid the modes that don't interest me.

But I'm looking forward to the game. I used Konoha with Lang Gong as my main, and I loved it. My only complaint is the lack of an XBL version. PS3 is fine and all, but the online community is much smaller, and if healthy competition is to be achieved, I think a bigger community such as the XBL is needed.

11. SpencimusPrime

SpencimusPrime _

News Credits:
    I've heard nothing but positives about this game, even from big and well-respected names in the community such as Art Sanchez. I'd play it..if it was on XBL. I'm baffled as to why it's only on PSN.

12. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Brony

News Credits:
    Arcana Heart 3 is wildly popular at EVO. It's the biggest and most played game in the Bring Your Own Console room. My friend was there in 2010 and he told me there were no less than 3 TVs dedicated to AH3, while others maybe got one or two. I'd love for this game to become a main event game, which is why I'm disappointed that it's only PSN...

13. Opticron Primal

News Credits:
    I wonder if it has to do with the fact the Arcana Heart 2 was only on the PS2 here that they've decided to keep it's exclusivity? (I could have my facts wrong.) Luckily I own all 3 consoles, but it does suck that the 360's been shafted as of the moment.

Man, I can't wait until it comes up. I told a friend of mine 2 days ago and he absolutely flipped.

14. SpencimusPrime

SpencimusPrime _

News Credits:
    Yeah, it sucks it didn't quite make it into the Evo lineup this year. There were so many supporters, and yet it got neglected :( 

15. Caterwaul

Most of the girls are 14. Some younger, some older. That's...about normal for lots of Japanese genre things. A bit on the yound side by US standards, yes, but so is the cast of Project Justice. Most of the girls are fully clothed and not showing much skin anyways.

The rest of it. Eh? You've either hilariously misread something or someone fed you a bogus line of info. There's no dating sim aspect. There IS a gallery mode, but it's a gallery mode. Concept art. Production art. The like. While I dont doubt some of them are in the ever classy 'Beach/Onsen' genre of art, it's not a virtual strip show.

16. Opticron Primal

News Credits:
    Someone fell for some japanese stereotypes.

17. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Brony

News Credits:
    Not having a US release really hampers the ability for a game to get into the main event lineup. But now with a PS3 release, here's hoping! I really do feel that as a whole Arcana Heart is way too overlooked as a fighting game, and it really does deserve a slot!

More to than...ugh...Tekken 6. I understand that Tekken 6 is supposed to be the alpha and omega of Tekken games but I just can't deal with it. So boring.

18. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

LOL, guess you kinda got me there, atleast as far as Ibuki goes. Pretty sure Juri is over 18. Anyway, I guess it's just different when it comes to Street Fighter games.

19. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

Your goalposts have wheels on them, take 'em off.