Appreciation for Transmetals 2 Megatron (and Cryotek)

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by jerryitus, Mar 20, 2011.

1. jerryitus

jerryitus Transformer vacuum

After having received these 2 this week and having them in my hands for the first time, I have to say that I'm ultra impressed. This might be my new favorite mold, I really think they pulled out all the stops when creating this beast of a toy, wish there were more dragon-formers like them...bw Galvatron just doesn't cut it...

2. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    Cryotek was the mold that convinced me to stop being a Geewunner. It was the first beast-era mold I bought, and I was blown away by the level of detail, and completely mesmerized by the idea of Transformer having more than just shoulders and maybe elbows. Plus he was much harder to transform than any figure I had ever handled before. The fact that his colors were amazing were, of course, icing on the cake

3. canonball

canonball Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I picked up this Megatron myself just yesterday and it is indeed awesome. Looks nice, big, and imposing on the shelf.

4. jerryitus

Megatron was the first BW figure I've owned, but this has me thinking about getting some more. I LOVE the fact that they did organic textures on one side of the dragon and bionic textures on the other side. Its the kind of details that I don't see in many hasbro toys these days. I just wish there were more large dragon-formers in general.
    Somebody tell me about other BW figures that compare to TM2 Megatron in terms of sheer awesomeness...

5. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    You know you just opened a Pandora's Bkx right? Lol.

Almost all of the transmetals are awesome.

6. Death333

Death333 Otherwise known as Dx3

News Credits:
    In before rattrap, scourge and TM megs! :p 

7. jerryitus

I figured :) . Considering I really know nothing of the line and that I'm probably not going to get all of them at once, what are a few specifics that I should take a look at. I don't just want to start watching random youtube transmetal reviews if I can help it....

8. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    TM Megatron (get the Takara Version, Hasbro's will bust!)
    TM Tarantulas
    X9 Ravage

and maybe Rampage....

9. cartertime

cartertime Well-Known Member

Amen to the above list....BUT, Rampage is a definate buy as long as it is the Takara version.

10. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    Tigerhawk
    TM Cheetor
    TM Rampage
    TM Primal
    Optimal Optimus

Those are some that aren't listed yet...

11. Abrogate

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

Predacon Leaders in general are pretty great.

Also, Shokaract is a favorite of mine. He's much harder to find than Rampage (since he's a Botcon redeco of the former), but his colors are so unique.

Universe Razorclaw is also really cool, and shouldn't be too costly.

Primal Prime is really impressive, but like with Shokaract, harder to find than the mold he's recolored from.

Depth Charge is pretty cool

12. xanthax

xanthax choppaface

News Credits:
    I have a TM2 Megs in my PoL I got cheap at BBTS. This makes me want to pull the trigger even more hearing that he's better than what I was expecting.

13. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    Random Beast Wars pics... Some of my favorite figures..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    At the time when Megatron got that body I told myself I must own that toy. I loved his Transmetal body in the show and now that he was a dragon, dude was as good as bought. And I loved it. My favorite figure back then.

Now, not so much. Still a good figure for sure, but I don't like the head arm at all. You can't do anything with it, plus I just don't like heads for arms. Didn't care for it on original Pred Megs either. That's why I loved TM Megs.

I do regret not owning TM Megatron. If I could tell my past self to buy him I would. I might eventually track down one but not planning on it any time soon.

I love my TM Cheetor though. Best form of the character. It's super awesome. And by super awesome I mean SUPER AWESOME.

15. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    No one ever stands up for him so I'll say Scavenger (or TM Inferno, for me) is pretty sweet.

Then again most transmetals are.

16. Metal Chaos

Metal Chaos The Spark of Chaos

News Credits:
    I love the TM/TM2 molds for the most part, especially Cryotek. I had the original TM2 Megatron but had to sale him years ago, then I fell in love with the Cryotek redeco. Wanted him but couldn't find him at an affordable price, then I lucked out and a very kind board member on here gave him to me absolutely free, along with the Marvel BAF Apocalypse, made for an awesome xmas present. Put them both under my tree that year, Thanks Charger! You're one awesome member.

[​IMG]

17. Abrogate

News Credits:
    I think he looks kinda cool, but I don't own him so I can't stand up for how good he may be. Also, Transquito was a HUGE shelfwarmer, but he looks like a cool figure to me (don't own him, either)

Also, semi-relevant. Like I said, Cryotek was the first non-G1 figure I bought, back in like 2002. Back then, I showed it to an internet friend and she thought it was just as great as I did, and I always wanted to get her one, but never really had the money or opportunity. Last year she got married, and I decided to buy her one as a belated wedding gift. A present 9 years in the making! :p