APPRECIATION- for TF WFC

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by apparatus, Jul 24, 2010.

1. apparatus

apparatus pre-Spark toaster

Okay to be honest there are issues, bugs and needs for fixes.

But in the end, as an acknowledged TF geek, I am still very happy to have a game in this Generation of gaming that has potential for improvement.

so that's it.

Let's be glad that someone, somewhere thought outside the MOVIE-to-GAME box and gave us a rather decent foray into independence from the status quo of Movie Licensed mediocrity.

And with the apparent love that Beast Wars has, us Gen 1 types should be especially thankful that we weren't forgotten about.

2. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    You know what? Amen.

I noticed that the game was hyped here before release, praised and loved the week of release and now every thread is a complaint or nitpick. We seem to forget that this is an honest-to-god TF game that's great, not just good.

3. Cryptwire

Cryptwire Cybertronian Engineer/Sniper

News Credits:
    agreed. the work that everybody put in-high moon, alex irvine, etc...-are commendable and has refreshed the lore even more, complementing the live-action movies.

the novel is a great read. but, i do hope whatever problems the game has, it can be fixed.

4. Leadfoot

Leadfoot The Strongest.

Yeah, there's so much more good than bad, and the mere existence of it is practically miraculous; sometimes the pissing and moaning about the small problems (yeah, I said small problems) drives me nuts.

I love this game, I'm enjoying it far more than any video game I've ever played in my life. Plus, a newly discovered major point: this game has been announced to be the basis of the newest Transformers cartoon. And a good basis it is!

5. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    Very very true. The part of this game that really shines for me is the actual campaign. And when a game is truly outstanding in that part, and has you coming back to replay it over and over again, it has done it's job very well. As that should be the most important part of the experience.

I enjoy Transformers: War For Cybertron.

6. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    I don't think not being able to play the game is a small problem. Despite the numerous problems I still play the game on the off chance that a match lasts longer than five seconds, but if it didn't have the Transformers brand attached, I can't guarantee that the result would be the same.

7. Leadfoot

Leadfoot The Strongest.

This problem has been intermittent with me, and lately non existent. It never lasted more than half an hour or so, and I always ended up finding a strong connection. It sounds to me like your connection is a land line or bad DSL.

8. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The core game, what I bought was good. It has issues too, but nothing like the multiplayer side of things, which High Moon Studios talked up like it, too, would be just as solid if not better than, but alas, I bought the game for its core mode, story. As I'm a trophy hunting full, I'm a bit pissed that completing my collection is taking a great deal of time, not of my fault, but the games :( 

I'm not saying the game sucks, it doesn't. I like it. I'm just pissed that the bugs (mostly in the multiplayer realm) take the fun out of what's left to a rather short game.

Here's hoping to a much longer sequel with goodies x4:thumb 

9. Airspeed

Airspeed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    THere are Online Problems ???

I havent had any.

I love this game ,i usually dont like shooters but this is amazing one of the best games i have ever played.

10. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    I agree with this thread. This game is probably going to be my 3rd favorite this year; a year that will include Mass Effect 2, Red Dead Redemption, and Halo Reach.

As I play it I occasionally remember Spider-Man on the PS1. That game was the first comic book game that didn't suck and broke that stigma. It introduced the basics of HOW you do a Spider-Man game.

War for Cybertron is the same thing. This is the game that all other Transformers games will be built from. This is the foundation. Elements introduced here will be seen for the next 20 years of TF games.

It is also reinforcing how to take beloved properties and make them successful games. Arham Asylum showed it as well. To make something more than a bad cash grab you need people who understand why the property is cool and make a game that emphasizes that. As time goes on I hope more publishers learn this lesson.

As for the problems I experience them so infrequently that I don't think they are caused by the game. Some sure, like the freezing, are the game. But my matches are almost always lag free.

11. Overhaulimus

Overhaulimus Sword of Fury!

News Credits:
    I'm glad someone created this thread.

Yea sure the connection problems have been a hassle, but usually for every 1 bad game, I tend to find 3 good ones.

I love this game, and I'm glad that we finally got a G1-esque game.

12. Onslaught Phase 2

Onslaught Phase 2 Know my name and fear it!

Love the story and dialogue from the story mode! It was awesome, though it did get repetitive at times.

Love multiplayer! I have lag problems from time to time, or issues matching up but they usually clear up and I play several games in a row. I look forward to the these things being ironed out and what new TF games may follow after this one! :) 

13. The Constructicon

The Constructicon Yeah, I turn into a leg.

Yep, the game is pretty solid and I enjoy it thoroughly, up there in my favorites pile with Fable II and Borderlands.

14. MrSoundwaveGuy

MrSoundwaveGuy I've made a huge mistake

News Credits:
    Great game. I just got back into gaming a few months ago so it was great for this to be come out soon after.

It kinda gets annoying with all the ranting on the games problems, I really have no connection issues myself

15. Kevin XI

Kevin XI Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm still playing it almost daily. I've been lucky, as far as online issues go, and haven't had much lag or freezing. Even the hosts aren't quitting as much on me. Still pisses me off when the assholes do, though. Never had a problem with ammo, either, in campaign or mp.

16. Leadfoot

Leadfoot The Strongest.

I have very minimal connection problems and have been enjoying the hell out of multiplayer, especially lately. I think it's mostly because the Halo mutants have played through the game and traded it in/shelved it in favor of Halo and COD again, leaving mostly Transformers fans and others who haven't had their asses guled to gaming chairs for the last 10 years and are of a more moderate skill level. It's a lot more fun when you can avoid getting killed three steps out of the spawn area 15 times and actually ease your way into the skills you need. Now I'm getting 8-12 kills on average, and less deaths than kills. I've finally gone from sucky to average. :D 

17. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Add me to the list without the connection issues. I have a solid connection and have had little to no issues as of late.

18. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    definitely the best tf game i've played to date, i'm pleased, my internet is crap as it is, so i just blame my connection issues on that

19. TehPaws

TehPaws I have a silly name!

I still don't have net, so I haven't gotten around to the multiplayer on my copy; however, I had virtually no issues with the demo.

And I've yet to see any bugs/freezing/etc during campaign. Is this really a common thing? I haven't noticed. Out of curiosity, which version do members here generally play? I've noticed PS3 ports tend to suffer more bugs than 360 for some reason. I have the 360 version, and it's been pretty flawless so far.

20. Langrisser

Langrisser Crawling Chaos

News Credits:
    One of my favorite games this generation.