Appraisal Please: Beast Wars Telemocha TM-02 Megatron signed by David Kaye

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Optimist_Prime, Mar 18, 2011.

1. Optimist_Prime

Optimist_Prime The Original Optimist!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I need help from the experts here. I have a Beast Wars Telemocha Megatron ( The repainted and possibly re-sculpted RobotMasters Beast Megatron ) that I got signed by David Kaye @ Botcon '07. I'll never forget how nice that guy is.
    Anywho I just wanted to know the value of that piece today. I've had a difficult time finding a current value since he seems hard to come by. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Optimist_Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Anybody?

3. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    Autograph items are hard to appraise. But I'll give it a shot... $60. An unautographed one will run you $50 on ebay..

4. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Yeah, the autograph adds almost nothing IMO, it may even put off some potential buyers as they may prefer their packaging to be 'clean'.
    I personally prefer the ultra Telemocha Megs way more than the robot masters mold, so unless someone is a HUGE David Kaye fan or collects autographed pieces, I'm not sure the value would be that great.

Sorry man, just my :2c: 

5. Yaujta

Yaujta Not a Bear TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Also for autographs, unless you have a certificate of authenticity, they're worthless. Most conventions will have a place to get certs, just so a signature can be counted as real later on. I have a 50th edition Spawn signed by Todd McFarlane and Al Simmons that's worth almost nothing because I lost the cert for it.

6. motorhead9999

motorhead9999 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Remember, you're not getting an autograph from Babe Ruth, or Ty Cobb. You're simply getting the autograph of someone who was the voice from a show you love, and really in the grand scheme of things, that's not much (no offense to Kaye).

Quite honestly, the only autographs I could see in the TF world being worth money would be Frank Welker for sure (simply because of his legacy, and the vast amount of high profile things he's done), Peter Cullen (not as much as Welker, but he's still a voice acting legend), and Orson Welles (and mostly because of his non-TF work . You might even be able to extrapolate that to Eric Idle, Scatman Crothers, and some of the other Hollywood actors who've appeared in our universe, but again, that'd be less because they were in Transformers, and more because they were popular in other roles and aspects.

7. Optimist_Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks guys this at least gives me something to go on. Not sure if I'm gonna sell it or not, but now I have a slightly better idea of what just Megs himself is worth.