Applying Common Sense to Ebay

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by Fishdirt, May 31, 2011.

1. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So someone won my devy auction and didn't have the money and is expecting it from a commission job. So this inspired me to start this.

1. When bidding on an item have the money, don't expect the money.

This irks me one because the money is now not a sure thing and two the bidder before him/her just got f'ed out of winning something that they could possibly pay for.

2. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    yup...i have had to hand out 10 NPB strikes in the last 3 months due to those kind of a$$hats...

it freaking sucks when you go through the effort of taking pictures...listing items on ebay...then having to wait another 8 days to get your credit for the auction credited and then "you can legally relist the item" per ebays bullshit rules but not until the Final value credit is issued to you by ebay.

I agree...i am getting tired of the bullshit of people(buyers)

my latest one was a buyer from singapore (yes another one) who wanted to have their item sent to a USA address...contacted the buyer 5 times telling them to update their paypal address to the address to that they wanted it shipped to...no response...so they got a NPB strike on a $10 transformer toy.

3. MrSneis

MrSneis Build Giant Robot!

News Credits:
    +1, lots of bidders winning auctions then "waiting till payday" or some such ridiculousness and not even telling me when/if they will make payment. Takes FOREVER to get your credit back and the stress of not knowing WTH is going on.

4. TheMonarch

TheMonarch Still arching Venture

News Credits:
    My personal favorite as of late is buyers buying something at a Buy it Now price (with a best offer option) and THEN trying to haggle on the price after the purchase is made.

5. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Hi, your auction has been listed for a week and I just won it but I never looked at the shipping costs at all in the last week or bothered to ask and now I've decided that it's too expensive for me waaaah please can you send it cheaper please cos I got something sent to me from the UK the other day and it only cost a buck with tracking.

6. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    One thing I wish people would do, because I am not an extreme hardass, is message me before the end of the auction in the event that they win to ask me if this or that is ok. Doing it after the fact drives me nuts.

7. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    I think its playing dirty if they ask after they win.

8. sunlink

sunlink Be Transformed TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I see more and more people doing this to see if they can get a "deal" hoping that the seller doesn't want to go through the hassle of relisting and giving up a potential sale. People are willing to try anything to save a buck. That's when you tell them "No" and if they don't pay they'll get a non-paying strike.

No matter what the outcome is don't forget to ban them from any of your future auctions. No need to deal with that type of hassle again.

9. TransfanG1

TransfanG1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My favorite is the "someone else used my account to bid (friend, co-worker, child)" excuse. My most recent problem was from a buyer who absolutely thought it was ok to win items and then just change his mind because "it's no big deal to just relist/sell the items to someone else" and he "does it all the time". But of course I had to go through all the excuses in the world first before he just admitted he was an asshat. I swear some people think bidding on items to win them is just a fun game to play and it makes them feel good to beat someone else.