2D Artwork: Applicon: Shockwave

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Bumblebee765, Jun 18, 2012.

1. Bumblebee765

Bumblebee765 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Here's something a bit odd I've been working on - a Shockwave that transforms into a microwave! The idea for this concept goes to FatalT 71. :wink:  Also, I know his proportions are a bit weird, but they're supposed to be ridiculous to match the strange concept of TransFormers turning into household appliances (which I will do more of eventually :D ).
    [​IMG]
    My next fan art piece will either be my version of Jazz or my version of Soundwave (both Legacy). :wink:  I'll also be using a new aesthetic for my Legacy characters, so Bumblebee and Ironhide will definitely get some new artwork. :D 
    Decepticons, begin our assault!

Attached Files:

2. JazzHunter83

JazzHunter83 Mrs FatalT

Oh. My. Goodness! I love what you've done ;) 

You are so clever and creative and I am so jealous :D 

Can't wait to see the others xxxx

3. Dinodigger97

Dinodigger97 germinates within you.

News Credits:
    That's pretty good.:thumb 

4. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Nice!!!

5. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    I thought when I first saw this thumbnail his altmode would be an ipod, but a Microwave is a pretty good fit for Shockwave. I like it, and hope to see your next idea.

Only suggestion I can make is maybe to put even MORE thought into how in the real world a transformer would transform. You've got the keypad and the screen of the microwave, for example, but their scale is pretty inconsistent with the amount of space they take up on an average microwave, and their relative size to eachother. I like that you put the segmented, sliding panels on his torso as a way of "artificially" elongating that body segment, and your designs would benefit from more thinking like that.

I really like what you're going for here, and I want to see more of this "line", and I think you could develop it into something really neat.

6. Bumblebee765

Bumblebee765 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Thanks! I'm not sure when the others will be up, since I have to do Soundwave and Jazz from my Legacy universe, then I'll probably do Megatron! :D 
    Thanks! :D 
    Thank you! :D 
    Thanks for the constructive criticism. On my next Appliance TransFormer I'll keep scale more in mind. :wink:  Thanks again! :)