Apparently I should be charged with attempted murder.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hand Of Omega, Oct 26, 2009.

1. Hand Of Omega

Hand Of Omega Well-Known Member

I was driving to work today and turned onto a three lane road when all of a sudden a young mother with two small children popped out of the bushes on the roadside and I was at that time accelerating rather quickly (up to the speed limit, I should clarify, not over). :cool: 
    I slammed on the brakes and within seconds she and some people that saw it are converging on me and swearing and telling me off, 'you could have killed them'.
    Well, heres some news, I told them that 'thier mother could have killed' them as she crossed in front of cars on a three lane road, popping out of an obscured roadside just 5 metres from a traffic light pedestrian crossing. :banghead: 

Nope, didn't go down well, they tried calling the cops, tried to stitch me up for something worse and it made me wonder if there hadn't been small kids involved and if they were teenagers, people would be shaking their heads at them.
    So, now I am a 'homocidal driver' and should be charged with 'attempted murder'. I wasn't too hard on any of them as their adrenaline was rushing and they were obviously shocked, but for goodness sake. :crazy: 

2. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Are they actually going to press charges? If not, well, end of story. Keep doing your thing on the road as you were.

3. Hand Of Omega

Nope. They were just blowing off steam, they wouldn't have leg to stand on. :thumbs2: 

4. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Awesome. :thumb 

5. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Just ignore them. If you know you weren't at fault than that is all that matters.

6. Hand Of Omega

Awesome yes, but the nerve of them in the first place. I just couldn't be bothered and had it been after work and I was in a mood, it could have been murder. :rip 

7. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    oi what a mess and im glad no one got hurt or jail time, that young mother could use a bit of common sense though

8. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

Pedestrians have been getting on my nerves latley. I've almost hit two recently, one because they decide to cross the road when my light is green and another who was jaywalking at night, in the rain.

Its gotten incredibly bad downtown. People just can't wait for thier turn to cross. I feel unsafe driving in the lanes next to the sidewalks

9. red4

red4 Banned

Nowhere near as intense, but it reminds me of one time when I was driving well within the speed limit, as was everyone else around me, but 1 asshole kept honking at me. He even pulled up beside me and shouted angrily "PAY ATTENTION!". I still have no idea wtf he was on about. No one else on the road seemed to have a problem with me, and I wasn't doing anything different from anyone else. That guy must've been a lunatic.

10. kingjace

kingjace Well-Known Member

Sucks here in the Philippines, damn pedestrians strut around the middle of the road as if they're untouchable. It's so bad that they would scale a fence that separates the opposite lanes! Jaywalking bastards.

11. petes2177

petes2177 the poowrr?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Man, if I were you, I would've just gotten back in the car and drove over her ego. Oh, and her body.

12. spikex

spikex Nightbird is my bitch

Here in Edmonton the pedestrians have the right of way no matter what. They know this and just saunter out in the middle of heavy traffic with their legally justified obliviousness, no matter how blind the corner, or how far (or close) the next cross walk. They need to keep in mind that the law will not save them from being pasted to the front grill of a car or truck. That mother should think twice about how she teaches her kids how to cross the road.

13. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I'm pretty sure the 4-ton hunk of rolling metal has the right of way on the road compared to pedestrians. They were probably just shaken and got really upset and vented. Don't take it personally. It happens. Just be thankful no one was hurt.

14. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart.

is jaywalking a crime in australia?

15. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    You lost 30 points and got yelled at.

Fail

16. Hand Of Omega

Common Sense is hard to find these days. I would say her maternal instincts had left her - no caring mother would do that.

...but its always the driver's fault. I get abused regularly in the city when people cross in front of me as if its my fault. There are plenty of controlled crossings in the city, not even 10 metres apart on the main city streets.

Well, he wanted you to pay attention to his horn. Or the fact that he wanted to go faster. Happened to me too once or twice.

As I said, had it been after work and I was in a bad mood - squish!

Yeh, 'right of way' seems to promote 'obliviousness' and ignorance. We have a rule that says buses have the right of way at all times and that gets dangerous. Those juggernauts are hazards sometimes, pulling into fast moving traffic from a bus stop recklessly - because they are allowed to.

Oh yes, walking against pedestrian signals is against the law. I think if you cross within 20m of a designated crossing you can get picked up too.
    Its one of those things the police don't really bother enforcing - not important enough. Like the law making it compulsory to wear a bike helmet - police rarely enforce that too.

17. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm pretty tired of pedestrians and their "right of way" as well :) 

18. SpencimusPrime

SpencimusPrime _

News Credits:
    beat the kids up.

19. red4

red4 Banned

I stabbed the guy to death with his own rib.

20. dkrolickm

dkrolickm Beast Wars Predacon

Ebay:
    OOh...
    I'm telling the cops. :p