Apparently Demolisher and Dirge aren't just Transformers charecters.

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Autovolt 127, Feb 9, 2011.

1. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I was watching Thundercats last night because i was bored and they had two charecters of the day named Demolisher who was like a dog,hyena like thing and Dirge who was like a armodillo drummer boy. I was like WTF? :wtf:  Dirge and Demolisher? I mean those are Transformers names and don't really fit in a Thundercats show. I know Demolisher wasn't a Transformer charecter or name till 2002 when Armada was out but DIRGE???? That's G1, you'd think they wouldn't have been able to use a name like that? I just thought it was weird having two Thundercats charecters named after Transformers but then again Electro is both Spiderman's enemy and a GPS prone Lazer Rod.

I wonder how they would do "Demolisher and Dirge" in the Thundercats remake considering how Hasbro has they're names trademark. Where Demolisher and Dirge even that Important, I dunno?

2. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob since 2007

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
  3. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

A) Both are real words. Big surprise that Hasbro aren't the only ones using them.

B) Hasbro didn't trademark most of their names in those days.

C) Even if they did, they didn't use DemolishOr until the 21st century.

D) Even if they had, that doesn't stop the names being used in a cartoon (totally different medium; trademarks need to be registered for each product field they'll be used in).

4. UltraMagnus3786

UltraMagnus3786 That's what it is

I'll get back to you all after a few more weeks in my intellectual property class :thumb 

5. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    I'm a little rusty on my Thundercats lore, but didn't these two only show up for one episode? I don't think the reboot is going to bring back every single character from the original. And even if they did, it's not like they can't just change the name if there ends up being a trademark conflict. Cartoon Network can call him "Nemesis Dirge" or something. XD