Apology to victims of Autism-spectrum disorders

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bryan, Jul 31, 2011.

1. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

You do realize that if you say you may have something it doesn't mean that exactly right? It's as if I said I may own Transformers the Movie. I mean I don't think it sounds right to say I can have Aspergers, so you use I may have.

This isn't a work of prose or something where I should be practicing proper english, this is a message board where I can type how I sometimes talk if I want to.

Or you could just take what Sage o' G-fruit pointed out as what I was going for because it sounds much better than what I just typed.

2. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Lol, talking about a messed up topic here.

Let me just put it this way..Bryan, if you're telling the truth: good luck, I hope everything will work out for you, and if it happens you don't get to keep your job, that you will find a suitable replacement. Karma's a bitch, I guess, but it's never too late to admit your mistakes and learn from them.

However, if this is just some giant trolling thing, I hope TFW bans you. As in: forever. You probably wouldn't care anyway, but that's ok, it's just for the idea you can't come back and pull shit like that again :) 

So yeah, hope you aren't joking. If you are, I guess I found the reason you're not together with your wife anymore, soldier.

3. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Buttstuff Werewolf

News Credits:
    Low brow and poor taste dude.

4. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

What? Either you have it or you don't based on what a clinical professional has judged (opinions on their diagnosis vary, of course). You said you may have Aspergers, then you lumped yourself into those that do actually have it. So yeah, message board disclaimers of "I type whatever I too type" aside, you can't just claim to THINK you have it, then later on form an argument against someone as if you actually do have the disorder. It's false representation. Semantic arguments just don't work.

5. Scrapper6

"I may have won the battle, but the war still goes on."

What part of that sentence infers that someone thinks they won the battle?

For the record I do have Aspergers, there are you happy, I've admitted the ruddy thing. I don't 'think' I have it, I know I have it. God, what the hell do I have to be so fucking precise for? :eyeroll:

EDIT: Besides, if you go back and actually look at how I originally phrased that one sentence it had nothing to do with how I thought I had Aspergers, the sentence inferred that just because I had the blasted thing it didn't mean I was a jerk like all those self-diagnosed people with the excuse making garbage was being brought up.

6. Sinnertwin

Sinnertwin Banned

News Credits:
    You have to be precise because it's the basis of your argument.

7. Scrapper6

What argument? My original post was meant to educate and also make a case that I hated those people who claimed they had Aspergers (or even if they do have it) and then use that as an excuse for being a jerk.

I fail to see how that comment could construe that I merely think I have the diagnosis when I feel as though I have mentioned it before in other posts as something that I have. Of course I could have been mistaken on that point, the fact of the matter was I did not say it with any intention of arguing anything. It is a statement of fact, just because I have Aspergers doesn't mean I'm a jerk, being a jerk when I get too embroiled with emotions or passionate about a topic such as this one makes me a jerk and I freely admitted to this.

My other posts then went on to say... Well what they said. How I felt on the matter. Things like that.

If I made an error in presenting the facts of my condition, well I made an error, I see no reason for why someone needs to badger me about it or demand that I clarify it out in the open and such. It's not like I'm going to scan my diagnosis report into the computer and post it on this message board for the ruddy world to see.

I was after all trying to discuss the issues at hand, forgive me if I didn't specifically admit to having Aspergers, after all I have so much incentive to do it. Get badmouthed by some member here or something just because I have a disability concerning the Autistic Spectrum. Past experience has proven that there are those here, uneducated sorts in the ways of this affliction that simply attribute the same principals of bad attitudes and excuse making curs as being part of the entire population of those with Aspergers.

I don't need grief from some nameless person on a message board for having an affliction that they don't believe even exists. (I am not labeling anyone who has directly spoken to me via posts here as such, I am referring to the predominant attitude that I have witnessed in the past.)

And I most certainly was not attempting some sort of Semantic arguement or something, at least not intentionally.

8. cagliostro

cagliostro Victi Vincimus

You keep telling your self that.

9. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Bad Luck Incarnate

Wow. Just wow dude

10. cagliostro

cagliostro Victi Vincimus

Jesus christ dude. Way to sound like a massive douche.

11. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    Dude

12. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

Why? Haven't seen any of bryan's posts have you?

13. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

:thumb s

14. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Medic

News Credits:
    I feel so dumb now. I didn't realize you were in the military. (I haven't been on these boards long.)

Anyway, for the record, I believe you're telling the truth.

15. Dran0n

Dran0n miss me w/ that

News Credits:
    It would be a dick move to troll like this, but Christ, bruzzah. That's a little below the belt.

And I accept your apology. You seem sincere enough. Good man.

16. E.Rabbot

E.Rabbot Abundant Member

Seems to me you have plenty of experience with that...

17. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Never mind. I had an elaborate response typed out for you guys, but it's not worth it. Instead:

This exactly.

Like I said, I DO wish Bryan all the best if he's genuine. if you want to feel I'm a douche, that's fine.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2011
  18. Gen. Magnus

Gen. Magnus Meep

News Credits:
    If you look closely at the sentence construction, it is perfectly acceptable and accurate. There is no guessing about it.
    I'll gladly give you this. While the above construction was fine, asking why he had to be so precise is worth a laugh.

19. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Eh, i think bryan is a cool guy, he doesnt afraid of going to iraaaaaaaaq

20. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Buttstuff Werewolf

News Credits:
    Right, but by following it up with such a low brow comments it's ridiculous and comes off as completely insincere.