Apex

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Fiction' started by optimegatron, Jul 30, 2012.

1. optimegatron

optimegatron Not over, not finished.

News Credits:
    Apex

"Okay, Mirage, let's make this quick and clean."
    Ultra Magnus' hands shook. The mission went flawlessly, and one simple mistake could end it all.
    "Roger that, Magnus." Mirage replied. His sniper rifle recoiled upon firing.

It has been decades since Autobots Mirage, Hot Shot, Blurr and Scavenger, led by war-hero Ultra Magnus, were recruited as the Autobot Special-Forces team: Apex.

Mirage was recruited for his remarkable infiltration skills. His ability to become invisible makes him the perfect candidate for reconnaissance and spying missions.

Hot Shot was recruited for his strength and agility. When combined, the two form a brilliant and graceful war machine. Hot Shot could not be more careless, yet when the mission requires concentration, he can be as serious as anyone.

Blurr, the Apex with the attitude, is what his fellow Autobots call a "Speed Combat" guy. Blurr's mind operates faster than an average Cybertronian's, giving him sharper reflexes and an entirely different set of tactics.
    Instead of being silent and stealth, Blurr uses his speed and lightness to disable multiple enemies quickly.

Scavenger, the bulk of the squad, annihilates his opponents using brutality and firepower. Not the one for stealth operations, Scavenger can easily rain bullets on any enemy he encounters.

Ultra Magnus was chosen to be the leader. He is known for his adventures with Optimus Prime, whom with time became nothing but a myth. Magnus' leadership skills are like no other, and even when faced with great peril, his teammates' lives come before his own.

Together, the five form a deadly team, capable of suppressing the Decepticon cause.
    The team rarely goes on a mission where all members are present, unless it is a major one.

Team Apex received word that a Decepticon arms dealer has been spotted roaming the streets of Iacon, the Autobot capital. Superiors sent Hot Shot and Ultra Magnus to remove him from the equation, by any means necessary.

Chapter 1

Hot Shot shook his head, "Look at this place." He said.

Iacon, the Autobot city that was once the symbol of wealth and peace, is now a shelter.

"So, this is where everyone goes to hide, huh?" Magnus crossed his arms. "No time for that now." He digressed, "We need to be on the lookout."

Magnus put his hand on Hot Shot's shoulder. "There's a Decepticon arms dealer somewhere in the city. Probably hiding, or in disguise."

"Got it."

The two split up, each looking for the target on another side of the city. Magnus took north, Hot Shot took south.

Hot Shot never truly cared about the dangers of the war. He signed up trying to make a difference. To support peace.

With time, Hot Shot realized peace could not be achieved on Cybertron. Still, he did not back down, and changed his approached completely. His one goal was to help end the war. And so he will. Even if that requires him to cut off the enemy's head.

Hot Shot walked the streets of Iacon for hours, but still no sign of the target. He was far more focused on the civilians anyway.

"Hey, Magnus." He contacted. "Yeah?" Magnus replied with eagerness, "Do you have visual?"

"No." Hot Shot said awkwardly. "I just wanted to… Ask something."

Magnus was silent. The mission is top priority for him, and the very thought of Hot Shot leaning from the objective irritated him.

"Well, never mind." Hot Shot shook his head. Suddenly, he heard a strange banging noise. He looked around, and saw someone hitting another with his gun.

"Pay up!" The harasser ordered whilst kicking the Cybertronian on the ground in the upper torso.

Hot Shot eavesdropped the two for several seconds. He quickly realized what was going on. He quickly held his transmitter and contacted Ultra Magnus.

"I have visual, I repeat, I have visual."

2. ARCTrooperAlpha

ARCTrooperAlpha Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    hehe, nice start, why use Armada characters as well ? is Blurr Armada or G1 (can't tell)

3. optimegatron

News Credits:
    Well, Blurr is also in Armada.
    The reason I chose Armada characters was because, I just plain love Armada.
    The designs and characters always spoke to me, and even as a kid, the show managed to be awesome.
    I'll tell you this though:
    This fanfic is part of what I like to call "The Tri-Verse.

It's three fanfics that take place in the same universe.
    Neat thing is, they tie into each other in multiple ways, and you'll start realizing what connections they hold. If you look at a previous thread called Apex; Exodus; Conquer, you'll get the general idea. That thread was dumped, though, because I felt like I should give focus to every fanfic individually, rather than putting them all together.
    Oh, and before you think it's short, next chapter is almost 4 times this one.

4. Jazzfan0217

Jazzfan0217 Just chillin'

Nice, can't wait to see what happens next :popcorn 

5. ARCTrooperAlpha

ARCTrooperAlpha Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Oh I see, I enjoyed Armada a lot myself. I think it had the best storyline, with Cybertron coming in second. Also, the new designs did strike me well.

Gonna do a crossover with these guys ? That be fun !

6. optimegatron

News Credits:
    The Unicron Trilogy was definately something good.
    Yep, that was the plan all along.