1. UltraPrimus56

UltraPrimus56 In the ruins of paradise

Could Megatron still hold his own against Starscream in the Apex armor? I think that should be part of an upcoming episode, do you?

2. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

Blaster fire seems to stagger it somewhat, but overall, the Apex Armour can take whatever Megatron could dish out with ease and would certainly overpower him from a physical standpoint. You can't overpower it, you have to use strategy, like Dreadwing and Optimus did.

3. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran

News Credits:
    I doubt it.

It would be cool to see.

4. Stygian360

Stygian360 Well-Known Member

It's merely a piece of hardware (granted a strong piece of hardware) and in incapable hands it may not live up to its fullest potential. I can see a veteran of the gladiatorial arena like Megatron besting the armor in a brains versus brawn battle royale, but if Starscream somehow manages to extend the armor's potential by learning about its capabilities... Megs could be in serious trouble.

5. Puck Hockey

Puck Hockey robots turn me on

Starscream can't take on anyone who can transform, run faster than him, and/or has a gun with that thing on him.

6. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Now this has to happen.

7. Rewind Eject

Rewind Eject Well-Known Member

My opinion on the matter is this; take the strongest man in history, give him only a shotgun and pair him against a landship. Who wins?

Remember, guns only staggered him and he bested Dreadwing and Optimus without them doing any melee harm. Dreadwing's bombs did nothing. Megatron might be the Bane of his race, but that armor is the juggernaut.

8. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No, I don't think Megtron would win against SS's Apex Armor (AA), first time around.

Megatron would have to use strategy, like finding an Achilles heel or somehow con SS out of the AA.

9. Dargor

Dargor Well-Known Member

I wonder if Starscream has actually learned from the battle against OP and Dreadwing about the capacities and weakness of the armor.
    I would feel satisfied if he ever stop bragging about Cliffjumper.

10. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nay, SS will never stop bragging about CJ, its like asking RC to forget about her dead partners.

11. Resolution

Resolution Well-Known Member

It doesn't appear that the armor has any weapons. All it can do is protect the wearer. When I saw Starscream in the armor, it reminded me of Ralphie's brother in Christmas Story. Maybe if Megatron knocks Starscream on his back, he can't get up again (like a turtle). Or, if Megatron could fire at the joints in the armor while staying out of Starscream's jumping range, maybe he could wound Starscream.

I think Starscream will be caught out of the armor while getting T-cog installed or consuming Energon. Somehow he will lose it. I would love to see him get revenge on Mech before he does.

I am curious about how Starscream gets back to the Harbinger without being seen by humans, Autobots, or Decepticons.

12. SGTsoundwave

SGTsoundwave Steam Powered Automaton

if he does weasel his way onto the nemesis, they could just push him off and create a crater, discovering raw energon.

13. The F.N.G.

The F.N.G. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've got my own question about the Apex Armor: Where the hell did Starscreams wings go when he put it on? Seriously, there's no sign of them when he's fully armored up.

14. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

When the armour was transforming around him, they seemed to slide into his back, or at least fold down. Presumably, the armour can adapt to whoever wears it.

15. Drunk-Wheeljack

Drunk-Wheeljack MrTomo

This

16. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm not sure if the armor can BEAT Megatron but Megatron sure isn't harming whoever is inside it any time soon, Dreadwing had explosives explode on it ground zero and it didn't even scratch.

Actualy, rewatching the scene the armor probably CAN beat Megatron because it sent Optimus spinning away with a little face slap.

17. SGTsoundwave

SGTsoundwave Steam Powered Automaton

but, how would he face megatron?
    A. he's underwater, under the ice, and I don't see that thing floating anytime soon, unless screamer ditches it and swims. then he'd lose the armor.
    B. even if it can float/swim I don't think that it can fly, as demonstrated during the fight. so how in the world would he get onboard the nemesis when they haven't landed on-screen for a while?

so unless megatron challenges him personally, I don't see the smack-down happening.

18. Quirriff

Quirriff Well-Known Member

SS can groundbridge himself back to the harbinger...

I think if anybody knows the weakness of the apex armour it would be Megatron.

Besides it was confiscated by the autobots before....so there has to be some way to get at it.

19. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He can just walk back to his base. He has a space bridge there and he will always know where the Nemesis is because the Harbinger's computers are still synched with the Nemesis.

But I doubt Starscream will just randomly go there and fight Megatron in first place, he will probably set a trap or strike when both sides are distracted/busy, he has the armor but he is still a slimy snake.

20. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Although if Starscream's wings slid back or folded down isn't that him adapting to the armour and not the other way around? I could understand him doing that if he currently had a T-Cog, but since he doesn't I suppose the question is how much control does a TF have over their own body without a T-Cog? Enough to move his own wings around and out of the way of armour that's enveloping him?