AP Movie Review Just Out

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by weaseltron, Jun 29, 2007.

1. weaseltron

weaseltron Taxation w/o Represent.

2. Bumble Prime

Bumble Prime all the time

yeah dont listen to that...............

Take out his ten dollar adjectives and criticizm of robot names and he describes a lot of action and a fun to watch movie. And the humor was one of the best parts of the movie! THe jokes were great and maybe like 2 cheesy, But meant to be cheesy jokes in the whole movie.

But he's got a stick up his ass and has long forgotten how to be a kid. Have fun reviewing Sicko!

3. brothersamuel40

brothersamuel40 Mmm... munchies

Yeah seriously, that guy, not impressed by the transformations?

Definitely an @$$hole in the heart

4. jazzmasta32

jazzmasta32 Well-Known Member

what a prick

5. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

Don't care. He's still in the (very small) minority.
    Reading the fan reaction here is enough to convince me we have a winner of a movie.

6. andychen

andychen Member

Just another prick. You can tell that he simply didn't like Transformers the cartoon itself at all. He criticised the transformation but if you ask him to do one, I am sure he will shit in his pants. Only Fantastic Four 2, crap film of the year will entertain him.

7. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    Reminds me of this one dumb bitch who is a movie reviewer for our newspaper here....they ALWAYS have her review good action movies, and she always gives them crap reviews...always...

8. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

Bay Bias is not easily defeated, but critics are funny sometimes.

I'm still scratching my ahead about the overwhelming positive response to Star Wars Episode 3, which couldn't be better than Transformers.

9. Turnpike

Turnpike Brawl is my bee-otch

That sounds typical. Women wouldn't know an awesome, original, never-done-before movie with groundbreaking CGI, even if it came up to 'em and bit 'em in the ass.

10. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

I know lets blame G1!!! Its what we always do. Listening to reviews is stupid. The biggest blockbusters of the summer 80% of the time gets bad reviews.

11. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Something to think about, guys -

This film review wasn't written for you. You, the interested Transformers fan, will more than likely see the movie, regardless of any negative press.

This film review was written for the casual World Wide Web cruiser; it's analagous to any basic film review you'd see in the paper. It allows the rest of the media-consuming world to glaze through the review, get an idea of whether or not they're interested in dropping by the theatre to see the film.

Also, the author of the article doesn't trash the film entirely; he/she's got the same standard "I'm entertained, but nonplussed" attitude that most film reviewers have towards action movies of this type.

...and honestly...what's the point of getting your feathers ruffled about this? If a few thousand or so people decide not to see the film because of this review, it doesn't equal out with the multiple ticket purchases that a thousand of us regular fans will purchase on our way to the theatre (I'm guessing several folks on here will see the film more than once.)

12. Lady_Prime

Lady_Prime Prime's Leading Lady

Ebay:
  13. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
  14. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Most of the negative reviews so far have been more focused on "OMG Michael Bay, psssh, more like... LAME-O BAY! HAHAHA! I'm cool now, right?" than actually reviewing the film.

15. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

Not "ruffled" really, just amazed that one critic reviews all type of film - This isn't a recent bugbear of mine either: It's something I've moaned about for years now.

I mean, do classical music critics review rock? They wouldn't know were to begin. So why aren't film reviewers similarly sub-divided? If I was (for some reason!) to write a review of the latest Hugh Grant comedy (you know, the "best British comedy since the last one" type BS!) I'd automatically slate it because I hate that genre. Doesn't make the film technically incompetent or badly acted though (except from Hugh Grant himself of course!;) ).

16. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

I completely agree.

One thing that annoys me about a movie review is when a writer complains about "cliches." Everything...EVERYTHING in movies, books, TV...you name it.....has been done before, repeatedly....over and over. If a story does not seem well-written, more often than not it can be chalked up to bad organization and pre-planning. Writers try to be too clever sometimes and mess with the formula and it backfires.

Transformers probably has a bit of a weak plot concept, but that wasn't the point of the cartoon or this movie. People are going to like it because it appears to be a visual treat and contained a few laughs. Really, that's all that matters to me when I see the trailers and clips.

I suspect a lot of critics are going to like the movie based on this realization alone, so we'll see. There's always going to be the arthouse critics out there that will prefer Titanic to an action movie. Oh well, I say.

17. sharke

sharke canadian piece of sh*t

dude, no worries. I've already seen it twice and it is fucking amazing. If its a 2 1/2 hour GM commercial so what. Its one of the best flicks I've ever seen and I was determined that Bay was going to ruin it!

18. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    While I agree that they may not be at a standing point of a fan of the certain movie...still...even if it was just a random action movie...they do it anyways...now in the eyes of things that we like...some of the review bother me because of what they state...for instance, T3 the review read something like "Machines are trying to take over the world..again, terminators trying to kill john...again, and another terminator comes back to protect john...again.." you know it is stuff like that, that just bothers me because they don't look at the perspective as a whole...people who wouldn't be interested in the movie because of a certain genre, like action, shouldn't be allowed to review it, if it is a person who wants to see a love story movie...don't review action lol!

Oh and on a side not, a quote from the Transformers HBO thing, "Everything Michael bay touches explodes!" Best line about a director ever!