AOE Scale Chart Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Red Goblin, Dec 8, 2013.

1. ComfyDeathshot

ComfyDeathshot Sir Sarcasm

News Credits:
    Nice update on the photo.

2. tonyformer

tonyformer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Agreed. Very nice update.

3. Cuillere

Cuillere French Fries

News Credits:
    Yeah cool ! Very clean work.
    Do you have your photoshoped Bee in better resolution ? Thx :) 

4. toaprime

toaprime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Very good job on the scale chart. It is only when looking at charts like these that a person realizes there are tons of cars in this movie!

5. BeeOtch217

BeeOtch217 Ha Ha You're a Mini-Con!

News Credits:
    Bitchin' Update.

6. tonyformer

News Credits:
    I just want to throw up here other vehicles that at some point could be added to either of your lists Tuna.

The (Mack Garbage truck) that was seen on the Hong Kong Set in Detroit. And the (Isuzu Garbage truck) seen in Hong Kong with all the others that you have put on the Con list.

I dont know If Bay would be so bold to use 2 totally different garbage trucks as the same character but the Mack truck is much larger so Im inclined to believe they are different characters. The Isuzu was seen with many of the other confirmed TFs so I'd think it too is a TF. And the Mack was also parked with many of the known TF while in Detroit and was filmed in a few scenes where crushed cars were piled up around and near it while massive green screens were set up behind it. The Green screens could have been used to show CGI work around it or it itself transforming.

Also. While not confirmed as TF, we also have...

1. 2 Black Hummer HXs spotted with the the Black Rally Fighters that you already have on the Con list.

2. Silver Aston Martin Vanquish. Spotted on set in front of the Blue Cross Blue Shield Building with known Autobot cars.

3. White Camaro. Spotter many times with known Autobots and was in a scene with the classic Bee Car.

4. Blue Aston Martin Vanquish, Buick Concept drop top IDK lol, White Ferrari, and Silver Concept Cadillac Cien.

5. Black Ferrari Spider and White Lambo. Spotted on set with known Autobot Bugatti car.

6. Silver Infiniti G37 with black carbon fiber hood. Spotted on set with the other super cars in Hong Kong.

These are all worth watching for in tv spots and trailers to see if we can determine if they are indeed TFs.

7. Blazere

Blazere :)

News Credits:
    Yay for scale charts!

8. Decepticons

Decepticons Eye Con Nick

News Credits:
    Let me just say, beautiful work as always Tuna. Although, I believe the Sonic Rally car isn't a Transformer at all. It has the name "Shane" on the side and Jack Reynor's character, Shane, is a race car driver. Perhaps that is his custom vehicle.

9. mttyns

mttyns Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh yes, we know that for sure, but there's no reason why it can't become a TF or a TF scans it. In fact it's pretty much been confirmed by Bay's site that all the vehicles that have had official pics released are TFs, plus there's a toy listing for a 'Rally Car' (not a Rally Fighter).

10. tonyformer

News Credits:
    It is indeed a TF and a cool one at that. Should get a glimpse of it in the Super Bowl spot :) 

11. toaprime

News Credits:
    I love how the Sonic just disappears in the filming right after the chase with the Rally Fighters. He could just be in robot mode for the rest of the film.

I can't wait to see all the super cars on set, along with all the robots that are complete CGI.

12. mttyns

mttyns Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have my own theory on that, it doesn't end well for the poor Sonic lol Yeah I'm really looking forward to seeing this first spot/trailer, think as much as I was for the first movie.

13. toaprime

News Credits:
    Yeah. It really feels like this movie is like the first one, with all the anticipation going to seeing who these new Bots are and where they come from.

AS for the Sonic, he is either the white Camaro, or killed in the chase that we see with the Rally Fighters. I still wonder if we will get the Rally Fighters as sets though.

14. Scorpio

Scorpio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Bay normally claims he is 32ft. The CGI Modellers claim he is 28ft - so anywhere around that is fine for the first to third movie height scale.

In this movie he's likely going to be around 36ft by the looks of things - as their designs appear more sleeker, thinner and speedier this time around for all except Hound.

Wasn't the sonic the car we saw destroyed in the pic of Optimus in vehicle mode?

http://wpc.556e.edgecastcdn.net/80556E/img.site/PH01XDJfqled32_1_m.jpg

15. primal789

primal789 Prime

News Credits:
  16. Red Goblin

Red Goblin Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    It's slowly coming together. I added some possible character heights.

[​IMG]

17. tonyformer

News Credits:
    Where you ever able to find a length for OP's new truck?

18. Red Goblin

Red Goblin Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Nope.

19. ArmadaSentinel

ArmadaSentinel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hopefully the truck will show up at some promotional events soon so someone can measure it... Otherwise we could try asking Nelson to get it :p 

20. Ring3r

Ring3r 5.0

*edit* Ok I fixed my figure. Actually had to go up, not down as I thought. New figure is accurate.

Prime's new mode is 573 inches long, +/- 5 inches. (That's 47 feet 9 inches) It is a significantly larger truck.

The 448 inch wheelbase figure given on Western Star's web page is for the 3 axle version of the 4900SB truck, which is what Prime's new vehicle is based off of. The new bodywork is custom but the frame itself is the same....so taking a picture and measuring the pixles between the centerline of the front and rear axle gives you an exact count of pixles per inch. All you have to do then is count the number of pixles past the axles, convert that to inches, and add that figure on to the original 448 inch wheelbase figure.

Not particularly hard to get, I just had to find a straight from the side shot of Prime's new mode. The +/- 5 inches is because the picture I used might not be exactly from the side.