Customs: AoE Leader Grimlock broke foot, need help

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by thunder117, May 25, 2014.

1. thunder117

thunder117 Magna Defender

Ebay:
    Yes, new toy for kid-doesn't read instructions, almost gets away with transforming to t-rex mode, but breaks robot food before he's done. What the fuck is the point of making transformers more simpler if they still break easily, Hasbro?

So here's the issue. Robot's right foot broke from the orange hinge joint from the leg. Metal circle came out of the foot (acted kind of like a washer for the screw in the foot), and my problem with super-gluing it is the fact the foot must swivel, and rather strongly, for transformation back and forth. Suggestions?

2. amd098

amd098 En taro Artanis!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    a picture would help a lot. zapagap superglue though works wonders for the most part. from what i guess, remove the pin, superglue it, then put the metal pin back in. a picture though would really really help

3. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Looking at where it's broken (I think I can see where you're talking about), I think you might need a replacement. I'm not sure he's fixable with a break right there.

It's a bad area to break and not the strongest design plan. However, I must take issue with the comment on the figure. 1.) You admit your son didn't follow the instructions and 2.) "NOTE: Some parts are made to detach if excessive force is applied, and are designed to be reattached if serious separation occurs. Adult supervision may be necessary for younger children." I'm not trying to be mean, I'm just saying you shouldn't blame Hasbro for this.

It's not your son's fault either, he's a just a kid. It happens.

4. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Peace through Tyranny!!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    As a kid, EVERY transformer I got, I would sit with my dad and go through the instructions. step by step. I never had a broken TF as a kid. not ONE.
    I still look at the instructions even if I know from a review. Its a tradition I do with my son now. He has not broken any of his TFs either.
    That said..it IS a toy. they break. I know there a bunch of people that shun the thought of looking at instructions, and sometimes they are even wrong.

Call Hasbro. they will probably send you a replacement. then, just sit with your boy when he gets a new one, and learn it together. my son and me look at every one we open...look at the details..look for "hidden" things. Its nice daddy/son time.

5. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I disagree with none of this. You're right, it is a toy and they can break, but with the disclaimer in the instructions and the fact that he admits there were no instructions used, blaming Hasbro shouldn't be the insta-response.

It's a shame, really. And you're right, perfect father/son time. *smh*

6. thunder117

Ebay:
    Whoa whoa whoa, let's hold up - NOT my kid, he's my cousin. Father sadly threw away receipt before transforming him. I'm just glad he didn't break my stuff. But yes, fun stuff for them both.

Matter of fact, when I took him into my hands, AoE Grimlock was easy enough to transform, until I got to the feet part, and then I saw what they were struggling with. Pics to be up tomorrow.

7. BuzzingNeon

BuzzingNeon Logic Expert/Tailgunner

I think you should just let Hasbro know what happened. I've done this before for a messed up Whirl and they sent me a free shipping label to send him back and get a refund. All of their products actually have a limited warranty on them, so long as you don't try fixing it yourself. Just a suggestion.

8. thunder117

Ebay:
    You may have to explain how to go about that?