Anything you want carried over from the Bay films to the reboot?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by LightningBlade3, Mar 3, 2018.

1. motorthing

motorthing Carry on you Wayward Son

News Credits:
    The fact that you can't cope with the fact that I or anyone else doesn't like what you like isn't my problem. There is NOTHING about the abomination that is the Bayverse I want within a billion miles of any restart of a franchise I've loved since the beginning.

I want a total break thanks.

But now you've made me spell it out in longer form than a succinct response you'll have more to get upset with.

Enjoy!

• Like Like x 4
  2. Livingdeaddan

Livingdeaddan Gotta get to sleep somehow...

News Credits:
    I think that's one of the worst things about the Bayverse bot characterizations! :lol  but don't worry I won't hold it against you, you're a good lass!

• Like Like x 4
  3. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    My previous regards were to positive contributions to movieverse. Ignoring that would bring about a disservice to the people involved that did bring in good elements, such as the voice talent, CGI artists, etc.

Also, my assumption was that we're in the same boat in regards to how close we want the new reboot to the source material, but seeing your billion miles comment, I was mistaken. My approach differs in that I feel like the cinematic universe should stay closer to its roots to stand as a brand image for the franchise, however, you're entitled to your opinion.

But hey, it's a new beginning either way. I'm excited.

• Like Like x 2
  4. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

Voice acting is not a Bayverse exclussive to be 'carried over'. The main characters even had their voice actors from 30 years in the past and the rest of the cast barely uttered a single quote.

As to CGI. I can agree it was good...when it was static. When they made battle scenes.....Not really.

• Like Like x 5
  5. Livingdeaddan

News Credits:
    Oh crap yeah! I'd definitely give most of the voice talent more work!

Although most of them are old pros anyway, nothing exclusive to the Bayverse!

• Like Like x 3
  6. Shark

Shark Carcharodon carcharias

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Not saying he has to be a total face-ripping murder machine again.
    Just let him be...interesting. :D 

7. Primus Productions

Primus Productions Defender of the movieverse Veteran

News Credits:
    The Villains
    In my personal view, Lockdown and Sentinel Prime were the most well written character's as in quote 'Villain'. But in reality in their objectives, They are determined to find the truth. Meaning, Lockdown, Was willing do whatever it takes just to capture Optimus. Not much story beside that. Although Lockdown did wish to learn a lot about Earth's culture, As well seemly knowing the history of war that happened on Cybertron. Which also comes to benefit, I truly believe Lockdown had a connection with Ratchet as he did in TFA. Now with Sentinel Prime. Sentinel reminded me so much of General Zod from 'Man Of Steel'. As in wanting keep the hope and restore they're dead planet. Difference is, Sentinel wasn't the cause. Sentinel was willing to over the bounds just to restore they're dead planet. Where Optimus has given up and was willing to co-exist on Earth. Which is why I believe why Sentinel was so disappointed with his decision as a Prime. Point is, They need bring these kind of Villains, Because these kind, Aren't ultimately evil. They just had a choice of that matter. That's what make's these two unique character's different.

The Designs
    Each design is extremely unique, Optimus,Megatron,Sentinel,Shockwave,Soundwave,NitroZeus,Lockdown and many more. I can continuously go on. The point is, each design in the Bay Films, Were so well done, And surprising to me. Personally I hope they use some materials of the previous. But at the same time trying make it original as possible.

Soundtrack
    The music was extraordinary, Steve Jablonsky's work is by far my most favorite of all time. You can tell he definitely put his hardest in making the music, All of these 10 Years. Regardless, I'd hope the possibly remix his music or somehow have Steve return to do the reboot films.

The Sound
    The sound effects for each film is very well done, And jaw dropping. Personally I can't choose which is my number one favorite. That's how great it is. Regardless, This is what I think what they should consider doing in the future of a reboot. And hopefully listen to they're fans.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    Voice acting isn't exclusive to the movieverse but bringing in talents such a Leonard Nimoy and even Peter Cullen from obscurity was a solid choice. Decisions like that should remain.

And I was speaking for the quality of the CGI. Some of the CGI in DOTM is superior even to some Marvel movies! They should definitely keep ILM on board.
    I'd say he was already interesting before Prime and RID watered him down completely, but I know what you mean.

9. Kyekjeliesh Jum

Kyekjeliesh Jum Banned

Definitely agreed on that. But with very different designs.

• Like Like x 2
  10. drbeakman

drbeakman Well-Known Member

of course, infusing my opinion with humor makes me a troll

my opinion has been made clear, nothing of the bayverse should remain

everything good about the bayverse can be found in other iterations

what other sweet words should I add to this to make you happy

• Like Like x 3
  11. Livingdeaddan

News Credits:
    Ok I got one, Charlie Adler is more than welcome to give Starscream another turn.

• Like Like x 3
  12. pilot00

The very fact that you put the names of Culen and Nimoy next to the word obscurity means you have no idea of which guys you are talking about. I hate to use this kind of speech but unfortunently it fits in this case. I can give it a semi nod for Culen since he was a children cartoon voice actor, so he might have been obscure. But Nimoy obscure? You need to doudle check your facts. And now that I think of it....TF Prime 2010-2013....And I am not even going to list into what other things he worked also. Talk about obscurity. You realise you are talking about one the most celebrated voice actors in the Franchise, that has a nonstop parternership with Hasbro and has been voicing for the company nonstop since 84 right? You also realise who Leonard Nimoy is right? Apparently not.

Dont take offence, but I dont even have to try to rebuke this. Everyone with eyes couldnt even understand what the heck was going on in action scenes in the baymovies. A problem most certainly not been the case in Marvels movies. At least I could clearly see who was punching who.

These 'opinions' are as true as the other one that the franchise was dead before the movie verse. Only you guys that are ill informed hold them.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    My bad, I should have stated that better. My obscurity comment was aimed at Cullen, not Nimoy. I just thought it was great of Bay to bring in Nimoy as the voice for Sentinel. And dude, I hope you realize TF Prime came after the movieverse, not prior.

Now, you should definitely double check your facts because the last time I checked, Cullen was out of commission as Prime after '86 until the start of the movieverse. It's only after he's become the defacto Optimus Prime.

I don't know how anything you just said has to do with my comment. I was speaking for the quality of the CGI, not the way it was shot.

14. pilot00

I dont need to double check anything, info is on there, Cullen has done a fuckton of work outside been Optimus for Hasbro. A voice actor who voiced Transformers characters, doesnt mean he voices ONLY transformers characters. You are right on the date of the movieverse, though my bad.

The quality of the CGI is directly correlated to how clear things are into your vision, if everything you see is a nauseating blurr, then the CGI is not good enough.

15. Cosbydaf

Cosbydaf Well-Known Member

Totally agree, but I wouldn't fault ILM for that.

• Like Like x 2
  16. pilot00

Fair enough. The problem is not blaming though, but fixing things right?

17. Cosbydaf

Cosbydaf Well-Known Member

Yeah. Fortunately, this is one of the easiest things for a reboot to improve on;

"Don't motion blur the shit out of the action scenes"

• Like Like x 3
  18. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    I'm aware he's done work outside of Transformers, but let's be honest, his biggest money maker is Transformers.

Everything is a blur because of the way it was shot, so yes, I still stand by my point.

19. pilot00

And has nothing to do with him been described as a forgotten relic though :) 

K, and I still stand by mine (which is not mine actually but how things are done).

20. Livingdeaddan

News Credits:
    I agree, but in all cosmic fairness, I think this was improved with each movie. There was immediate and considerable improvement even between TF1 and ROTF.

• Like Like x 1