Anything you want carried over from the Bay films to the reboot?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by LightningBlade3, Mar 3, 2018.

1. Necrisha

Necrisha Creative, vindictive-possibly a deception.

The big question is how violently does his cameo end? I like the idea of him being flicked personally. Just no explosions cause that's what he's known for.

2. Kyekjeliesh Jum

Kyekjeliesh Jum Banned

I think it depends on how much he's willing to poke fun at himself. Being flicked is what came to mind as well, though. Maybe he can't shut up about explosions and some Decepticon flicks him and he lands on something that explodes. Very meta. :p 

3. drbeakman

drbeakman Well-Known Member

How about five new movies starring Nitro Zeus as the lead based on his 30 seconds of character development thus far

awesome idea or awesomest idea?

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  4. Razzy

Razzy Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    That would be almost exactly like his cameo in the first movie, though.

Cya
    Raziel-chan

5. Kyekjeliesh Jum

Kyekjeliesh Jum Banned

Even more meta then. Let's flick Michael Bay in every movie from now on.

Cya
    Kyekjeliesh-chan

6. Razzy

Razzy Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    That would get really boring really fast, though.

Cya
    Raziel-chan

7. Kyekjeliesh Jum

Kyekjeliesh Jum Banned

Flick Lorenzo next, then. There are options.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    I hate comments like these as they add absolutely nothing to the discussion. It's a cheap response from actually answering the question fueled by the distaste of the franchise. You can dislike the movies, but there are obviously things they did get right or at least one thing right. Completely ignoring positive contributions is not going to do the next movieverse reboot any favors.

Edit: I forget to add what I really was going to add before seeing those comments. In regards to what I do want to see carry over:

- the concept of Barricade
    - the sound design
    - the transforming logo
    - Optimus' mouth
    - for some reason, I really dig their eyes so I'd love to see that return. They just feel much more real when we can see their optics move
    - the kitchen-bots
    - DOTM quality CGI
    - Sentinel's design

Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  9. drbeakman

drbeakman Well-Known Member

You know what else I hate

How you weren't even allowed to have reboot discussions while the bayverse was active, you'd be met with hostility

Funny how things change

• Like Like x 3
  10. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    This was fault of a few movieverse fans, which I am aware. I want a reboot for sure, however, we should also give consideration to the things the current movieverse did right to better fortify future endeavors.

11. Noversalrex1024

Noversalrex1024 Christian TF Fan and Dinobot

If it looks good on the new designs, sweet I agree, go for it. If it doesn't, meh.

But yeah I actually like them.

12. Kyekjeliesh Jum

Kyekjeliesh Jum Banned

That's understandable. But what if someone's opinion is that there shouldn't be any things passed on to the reboot? It's not necessarily hateful. I think it's understandable. His opinion is that there shouldn't be any reference to the Bayverse specifically. That seems cool to me.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    There are has to something that he wants to keep from the movieverse. It's a fairly expansive topic. Does he really not want Peter Cullen to return as Optimus?

You're stretching it here.

14. Kyekjeliesh Jum

Kyekjeliesh Jum Banned

I don't think there has to be even that. And it's ok.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Necrisha

Necrisha Creative, vindictive-possibly a deception.

At this point Dr Beakman has made it clear that he's only on this topic to be a sarcastic troll. We got that he wants nothing to do with the bayverse films instead of a 100% copy out of his second post (and that was pulling teeth), that's all he seems willing to share perhaps we should leave the rest of his comments unresponded to.

• Like Like x 3
  16. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

All join the bandwagon. When we were talking about the faults of the movies and that there were certain things that were glaring and obvious and we cried out for a reboot, the responce was: "You dont know nothing". Now everyone (except the die hards who had a stroke when they heard about it) finds it logical.

Anyway, I too agree that the movie verse should be ignored completely. Too many concepts that clash not only with the Franchise in general, but with even themselves. If they want to keep something from it, they should look directly to its little brother, TF Prime. They can look for good concepts there. It had its flaws, there is no denying it, but the possitives overweighted the negatives.

• Like Like x 3
  17. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

Add Barricade in there. He is the only Decepticon asside Megatron with more than 1 quote per appereance (even if its two).

• Like Like x 3
  18. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    The more alien esque designs and vibe along with the transformation effects. Also keep the more serious vibe of the war so it'll help the more serious scenes have more weight to them.

19. Shark

Shark Carcharodon carcharias

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Not everyone's going to agree with this but I really, really, really would love to see this characterization of Optimus show up again. Something about an Optimus that can speak calmly one moment and then rip someone's face off in the next really gets my engine running......yup I'm trash lol

• Like Like x 2
  20. Livingdeaddan

Livingdeaddan Gotta get to sleep somehow...

News Credits:
    Personally there's not much the movies brought to the table that I really will miss. The CG quality and the sound design are obviously top notch, but ultimately I want new designs, new motivations, new relationships, more complicated and more variety in personalities, more ongoing rivalries etc.

Most importantly I want to get as far away from Bays maniac filming style as possible. I'd love a movie with a clear focused narrative we could all enjoy and follow without coming in here and having to argue if things made sense or not.

I guess I like Bays taste in cars, but after a while you kinda get tired of every car being a generic sports monster

Ok, I'll give you one, keep Bee as musclecar, I think it suits him. It grew on me.

Oh, and I enjoy the globe hopping. But really I want to see world hopping too!

* There were a lot of low angles in the earlier films, which gave a good sense of the size of the bots, like to see more of that too.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
    • Like Like x 4