Anything you want carried over from the Bay films to the reboot?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by LightningBlade3, Mar 3, 2018.

1. LightningBlade3

LightningBlade3 Destined to be a Prime

News Credits:
    -The transforming logos from the original trilogy. Just bring those back.
    -I really want the sound design for the Transformers to come back. The heavy, metallic clanking when they transform is probably some of the best sound effects in recent movies, and I'd love for something like that to be a staple in live action Transformers movies.
    -Steve Jablonsky's themes. Even if he doesn't return, I'd like nods to it similar to Justice League's and Spider-Man: Homecoming's nods to their respective characters' past themes.

• Like Like x 6
  2. Cosbydaf

Cosbydaf Well-Known Member

-Real vehicle modes for most of the characters
    -Transformers using bullets
    -Decepticons killing people
    -The sound design
    -Characters that were abandoned pre-2007, like Jazz, Ironhide, Ratchet

• Like Like x 9
  3. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The design aesthetic.

• Like Like x 7
  4. Galvatross

Galvatross Swamp Lord Shrek-traoridinairre! Veteran

Well first off, it's still up in the air whether they will definitely reboot post-Bumblebee, but if they were to...

-Transformium! The idea that the Transformers are made of a programmable matter that can rearrange its molecules based on programming to adapt new structures, textures, and colors is the best explanation in the brand as to what Transformers are made of. Transformers have most always scanned new alt modes, and Transformium allows them It also explains how Autobots and Decepticons are able to give new alternate modes insignias.

Plus, I really love those KSI transformations, and I was hoping Galvatron would at least appear at the beginning of The Last Knight and use them to defeat a bunch of foes, maybe both human and Autobot. I really wish both were mentioned to at least add some continuity to TLK.

-The Pathetic Dirty Foursome! I don't mean the exact same characters, whom I love. I mean a group of rough-around-the-edges Autobots that aren't poster boy Autobots and don't get along, but fight together against common foes out of necessity.

-Non-Decepticon Antagonists! Lockdown and Sentinel were awesome antagonists! The alien creatures on Lockdown's ship, like the cyborg Steeljaws and cartoon-eyed Stupid Drones, were really entertaining. I want to see the Quintessons, Sharkticons, Cybertronian Empire, Predacons, and more.

And this goes for the protagonists, too! Knights of Cybertron, Junkions, Maximals, and Prime Grimwing could be neat.

-Blenderbot!

-Rarely used and Brand New Characters! I like that the movies used robots that do not commonly appear in Transformers, and that they also introduced new ones like Brains, Cogman, Scorn, and Ntro Zeus.

-Welker and Cullen! At least in one film.

-Wrecking Balls! But not how you're thinking. I mean have Devastator use his counter weights as a mace to wreck some Autobots! It would be totally nuts!

-Shadowy Human Organizations! I thought organizations like Sector 7, KSI, and Cemetery Wind were some of the best things on the human side, because despite being made of humans, they advanced the story of the Transformers and were also interesting in their own right.

• Like Like x 10
  5. DOTM Bumblebee

DOTM Bumblebee I must be some kind of nut...

The design aesthetic, specifically from the Bumblebee film, if they're anything like Volkswagen Bumblebee (a nice mix of G1 simplicity and movie-verse complexity). I don't want Decepticons looking buglike or beastlike, but that complex aesthetic just really pleased me.

Bumblebee as a focus. I know a lot of you are sick to death of the little yellow guy, and I'm sure his appearance would be a given but honestly, Bumblebee is exactly the kind of character to connect the world of giant shapeshifting robots to our world: he's friendly and playful so he can sell the personality of the Transformers, as well as the good intentions of the Autobots; but he's also brave and a loyal soldier, so he doesn't feel out of place among the battle-hardened Autobots (at least given the fighting skill he had in the previous movies).

Friendship between Autobots and humans as a focus. See above, sick to death of humans, etc. However, so long as there is a reason for the Autobots befriending a group of humans, they don't have subplots that derail the focus on the epic robot war (honestly, this one shouldn't be that hard), and the Autobots and Decepticons get equal focus in their development, humans can work in Transformers. It gives the Autobots a set of stakes and helps solidify them as the good guys, rather than have two robot factions going at it over a planet they're both killing and thus not coming across quite as noble.

Smaller Teams of Autobots and Decepticons really only applies to the first movie and TLK (maybe AOE if you don't count the KSI drones as Decepticons), but I would like a smaller group of four or five Autobots against a similar number of Decepticons, so each character can have his/her share of focus.

Third Party Factions in potential sequels. Obviously, the first movie or two has to go to setting up the Autobot/Decepticon war, but third groups such as Lockdown or KSI/Cemetery Wind or Sentinel Prime or Quintessa or the TRF adds kind of an unpredictable element, as @Galvatross has stated above. It shakes up the status quo, and can be the basis for new story ideas, like how KSI was the basis for Megatron orchestrating his own resurrection in Age of Extinction.

Built-in-weaponry is an awesome use of the transformation aspect, and I'd like to see more stuff like Bumblebee's arm blaster or Megatron's TF1 railgun. Having weapons that fold or slide out of the Transformers' arms really made for some cool action scenes, and I'd love to see that utilized again.

Transformation incorporated into the action made for some seriously good action scenes, like the freeway brawls in TF1 and DOTM, and it's something you can really only do with Transformers. Using car-mode speed to achieve velocity for a punch or a kick in robot mode, jets transforming to deliver a dropkick from above, that kind of action is perfect for a Transformers film.

• Like Like x 8
  6. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    This

• Like Like x 1
  7. Galvatross

If I may add to this, I would say I want there to be a similar variety of designs in any future reboots as there are in the Bay movies.

The movies had human-like Transformers like Lockdown, Crosshairs, Hound, and Drift. The movies had less human-like robots. The movies had knights and barbarians. The movies had cartoon-like guys like the Appliancebots and Stupid Drones. There were cyborg wolves and Cybertronian beasts like Ravage. The movies had human-made Transformers that were shinier and glossier and had a variety of designs. I want that great variety embraced and not rejected.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Necrisha

Necrisha Creative, vindictive-possibly a deception.

Sound effects yes, less on the overall music styling- I'd love to see a little bit more exploration of artists in the industrial/rythmic noise scene crossed with the current darling. But that's more because I'm a huge fan of VnV Nation and crossing heavy orchestral music with some biting lyrics and a little more direct mechanical backbeat could be fun.

THIS! I also like IDW's Sentio Metallico as a more highbrow scientific name.

Heck yes, every war based franchise needs a 'bad company' based movie. I was surprised they didn't use the wreckers for this on AOE.

Also less homogeneity in the gov't response- you saw a hint with DOTM, TLK, and a hint in the movie comics, but i doubt Vladimir Putin would simply ignore when starscream goes off on his own plans. Even after AOE it could have been far more interesting to have Hong Kong attempting to claim independence and offer shelter to Cade and the Autobots secretly backed by Russia and Canada for nefarious reasons puppeteered by quintessa than what we got. But that would require thinking...

Direct interaction is the big part of this! It's hard to project friendship with all the Autobots sitting in alt modes to the side and no humans around them. I would have loved to have seen a case where one of the human support staff (like one of the on-site generator tech's) stopped by one of the parked Autobots seeming to quietly talk to him in an establishing shot- minimum effort and establishes more of a sense of reality to yeah, that's a transformer there and not a parked car.

The magic number for a movie focus is 5, limiting the number focused on to 3-4 new and/or unique Autobot characters is pretty ideal- Don't get me wrong, have the massive group in the background- but jazz was mostly forgotten and killed off because Bay can't balance characterising 5 unique Autobots in a movie- Jazz got the short end and then his death had little impact.

I'm going to include incorporated and transforming weapons with the above statement- and Heck Yes! They don't go far enough with this- especially when it's close melee!

Edit: missed tags while I was in a cell dead zone.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  9. MV95

MV95 @marlinfan1995 Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    - Designs, to an extent. Would like to see some slight changes just to have something a little different.
    - NEST. Let's make it our version of SHIELD, being the main military force in Transformers media.
    - Bee being a Camaro.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

The sound team being back wouldn't be bad. Some really top notch work and it would be nice if they could put in more of the transforming sound we had with Blackout's first transformation. It seems like we have transforming stuff all over the place even in commercials so an iconic sound every time the robots transform would go a long way to saying this is Transformers.

I really really really hope they keep the idea of lets bring the old guys back to do the voices for the robots. Some amazing voice actors have worked on Transformers over the years so I sure don't mind them getting any work they can.

I hope they can keep that feeling of scale. It might not seem that important to other people but by so often having the camera at human eye level you get a feel for just how huge the robots are that you don't get when the camera can just float around anywhere.

• Like Like x 6
  11. Nemesis Otaku

Nemesis Otaku I love both Nemesis Prime and Anime!

The OCs. I want to see Nitro Zues, Cogman, the Dreads, etc.

Third party factions. Lockdown, I feel, was done splendidly, and would like to see that again.

Bloody, cold, and a dark war theme. One of the main reasons I value the Bayverse over other iterations was how it actually felt like a cold blooded war was going on.

Design aesthetic. Another favorite of mine, was the design choices. Granted, green Ratchet bugged me a little, but I liked the design. And I know this is an unpopular opinion, but I liked how they had human features.

Decepticons that actually killed people. So many iterations where the Decepticons are nothing more than empty threats, yet the Bayverse was good at having a threat out of the Decepticons.

• Like Like x 2
  12. TFfanatic88

TFfanatic88 Well-Known Member

Nothing. All of it needs to be ignored.

• Like Like x 4
  13. motorthing

motorthing Carry on you Wayward Son

News Credits:
    Nope.

• Like Like x 4
  14. sideswipe3

sideswipe3 Well-Known Member

I would like to see the designs but change them a bit.

I would like them to make references to the movies. For they example they could have a talking laserbeak or make Barricade and Frenzy partners still.

Another thing is using characters Bay created such as Scorn or Nitro Zeus.

Maybe some of the same storylines but do more with them for example they could have Sentinel as a bad guy again but have him in some movies before we find out he is a spy.

I really liked this about AOE and DOTM the main villains aren't really cons. I feel this is something that the transformers media could have more of in general. For instance one of the cartoons could have non decepticon threats. I always find the non con villains interesting since I feel it helps build the world more and keeps the story fresh.

• Like Like x 2
  15. drbeakman

drbeakman Well-Known Member

Boy oh boy

I'm glad none of you make movies for a living

• Like Like x 2
  16. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    And it's why they're far more memorable than Megatron, The Fallen or Quintessa.

The simple fact that the movie had to explain why they're villains, and not just let the audience assume it because all Decepticons are evil just because, means they had far more character and just shit about them.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Noversalrex1024

Noversalrex1024 Christian TF Fan and Dinobot

Heavily edited:
    In my personal opinion, It should be very little that carries over into the reboot. However there is some definites that should carry over, but NONE of them should be used in the extent that they were usd in the Bayverse:

The Military: They should be present but very minority used. Like in Prime but maybe a little more frequent than that, but far less than Bayverse.

Damage the Military Causes to a Transformer: Damage given to any Transformer by a human should be so minimal, it almost makes sense to just leave it to the Autobots. But bombs, gunships, rail-guns, and other ordinance should have the obvious effects.

Humans in General: Should literally only be there when a Transformer is present, and very little screen time beside that. Transformers only need humans when what they do requires one. Besides that, nope. Also no more bimbos... srsly.

Minor Aesthetic: Honestly some of the Transformers in the Bayverse look good. Like the Dreads (both those in DotM and TLK), Barricade (TLK),Nitro Zeus, Cogman (loved this guy, honestly would love to see him come back), Blackout/Grindor, Skrapnel, and Jazz are such examples that come to mind for me. But the rest should be a G1 and Bayverse combo aesthetic. I'm serious on this one, they more often than not looked like walking junk piles rather than robots in the Bayverse films; a balance is needed. Primarily a realistic Gi sequel look is preferable.

Honestly besides that, I don’t feel like much else should carry over.
    Thoughts?

Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Necrisha

Necrisha Creative, vindictive-possibly a deception.

That tells us nothing of your opinion as a fan on what if anything you personally want to be carried over- nor does any part of this topic indicate that we are saying that we expect it to carry over-

This is a pipe dream topic, share yours instead of pointless hateful jerking off.

• Like Like x 6
  19. drbeakman

drbeakman Well-Known Member

You had your pipe dream fulfilled for 10 bloody years and five bloody movies

How about NOTHING from the bayverse carries over, like most reboots, a fresh start

• Like Like x 4
  20. Galvatross

You know drbeakman, Necrisha is right. People in this thread are just sharing things from the Bayverse that they might like to see in future movie reboots. You don't have to like any of our ideas. There are plenty of fan ideas I don't like or care for.

However, if you want to contribute I suggest either saying things from the Bay films you want to see incorporated in future continuities, however scarce those may be in your case, or respectfully stating specific things you disagree with us on.

Even if you aren't a fan of the movies, there are fans in here, myself included, who would like to see voice actors like Cullen and Welker. Surely there must be at least one thing from the movies you would like, even if it's just something shared with other continuities?

• Like Like x 7