anything new going on with reissues

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by brimsoldier59, Nov 26, 2010.

1. brimsoldier59

brimsoldier59 Well-Known Member

I've been out of the loop for awhile. So I would like to know if they ever plan to put any G1 japanese figures out such star saber, overlord dia atlas, pretty much anybody we've never seen in the states

2. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Nope. Newest reissue I know of is Predaking, and he's just now hitting stores.

3. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Every time a reissue comes out that was originally only in the East or only in the West, it seems like it's overproduced and lingers forever on clearance. I don't know if that makes these kinds of characters duds. But with no reissues on the release schedule, it would seem like Takara is staying away from them for now.

Of course, they might be focusing on current lines while Animated is airing there and the movies are hot. There's also the big push for Masterpiece Rodimus, and the surrounding United toys hype. Seems like they'd rather come back to reissues later to avoid too much product out there.

4. SegaGenesis

SegaGenesis Headmaster

There were rumors of a new Sixshot reissue, but I haven't heard anything in a long time about it...

5. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, Takara only really seems to make these collector-oriented pushes when nothing else is going on for them. Encore and Alternity roughly coincided with "dead zones" in the Japanese release schedules, between the movies when they weren't releasing Classics or Animated.

RotF came out, so Encore died. Now they're working on DotM, United, and then Prime, so now that their design team is busy as all hell, Alternity got cut.

6. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    We'll hear of more Reissues next year. Just ready your $$$ for now. ;) 

7. rizuan76

rizuan76 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah agreed the rumors came out at abt the same time, when word of Predaking being reissued were swirling.

So far one has materialized (Predaking) but no news of Sixshot...:inquisiti