Anything In the Kentucky Area

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by Optimusfiretruck, Dec 1, 2006.

1. Optimusfiretruck

Optimusfiretruck Decepitcon Squad Leader

Just wondering If there was going to be something in the Kentucky area. I heard that there was a chance of a con coming but ohh well.

2. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

There was botcon... but it came and went already.

3. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

Heh, bad timing man. Botcon was in Kentucky (Lexington even!) in October. Probably won't be there again for a long time.

4. megamus

megamus Overworked and Underpaid Veteran

News Credits:
    I think we should have a get together like they do in Philly?
    What do you all in KY think?
    MegaMus

5. MikeTSI

MikeTSI The Reclaimer TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:

That would be awesome!

6. Galvatro

Galvatro Make mine Animated! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Hello Megamus!

Been talking to Sidecutter and AlphaPrime about doing just that. I think it would be awesome to have some event for the KY general area to get together to meet up and have our own 'Con.' About once a month, some of us get together at my place and drive my Wife nuts, so getting some more together at bigger location shouldn't be too bad...maybe during the summer in Elizabethtown or something along the I-65 corridor so that it would be central to all in KY?? Or maybe Lexington on the I-75 corridor? Also, Megamus, would like to see you collection sometime...couldn't get the pics to load for some reason. Take care all!

Galvatro, smelling a KY Con soon?

7. Galvatro

Ebay:
    Hello Again

Megamus- seems that link is working now:thumb  Looks great!! Had anyone thought of the 'combo collection' idea where all of us could bring some stuff and see as many TF's as we can get together all together? The Hartmans did this in 2000(but, they did have them all at that time) and I think that most of us could combo and have almost everything...thoughts?

Galvatro

8. Optimusfiretruck

I would Honest be all for it myself

9. megamus

News Credits:
    I guess the next step would be to decide the location. Lexington and Louisville are about the same distance for me and I think they are fairly centrally located in Ky. I don't know if I could do once a month but something could be worked out. As for the link, I was having some trouble with photobucket. I am currently building more shelves so most of my collection is boxed up. I should have some new pics with more vintage japanese and diaclone stuff up soon.

10. Boggs6ft7

Boggs6ft7 TFW2005 Supporter

I live in southern indiana but frequent Louisville alot.

We could get together at the Newalbanian Brewing company and drink some Hoptimus beer and talk about transformers.

I guess its really just an excuse to drink beer.

11. megamus

News Credits:
    I would like to met in a place where we can do some trading / selling and stuff. Although, I am not opposed to downing a few 12 ouncers.....

12. Galvatro

Ebay:
    Hello Again

Yeah, I saw some of your collection thru the working links. Would like to see the Diaclone stuff as I have 2 pieces and would like to see more...I guess that's what the BotCon are for:cool: 

Anyway, no, Megamus, not a monthly thing. I have a total of 3 people over to do that. Sidecutter, AlphaPrime and Walt are my usuals. I always thought it would be cool to get a bunch of us together maybe once or twice a year. Maybe in August or something of this coming year?? Just before college and school start for most and maybe a general get together of about 5 of us from some places in the state as a sort of steering committee to iron out the details before that. I'm not sure myself; just throwing out some ideas.

Anyone with some other ideas, PLEASE post them! BotCon is great to see people, but there are so many that you never get to meet all of them. And, of course, in KY, I am sure that the crowd would be somewhat more interpersonal.

Galvatro, maybe seeing a KYCon 07?

13. Optimusfiretruck

KyCon 07 sounds awsome honestly. I know I would be there and if need to get the swing of a few more people and other things besides TFs(that part is just food for thought) We could actually all pic a spot on a saturday or sunday have a get together and maybe start a KyCon Committy. I know a Web Master that would could host a Website for us for little charge it that. www.KyCon.net or www.KyConvention.com or something to that effect

14. megamus

News Credits:
    We gotta get something together..

15. MikeTSI

MikeTSI The Reclaimer TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I'm in too. I would love to see this happen.

Mike

16. Galvatro

Ebay:
    Hello All KY TF Fans!

I am up for a 'meeting of the minds' so to speak at sometime in the Spring 07 to discuss plans for a KYCon07. If anyone on here wishing another to take the reins of this, that is fine. IMO we need at least a temp leader and I will volunteer for the job. I have started to look into a location for the Spring meeting to take place probably in Louisville since it seems that the general amount of posts from KY are taking place from collectors in Louisville. If I am wrong about this, please let me know. I have mentioned this idea to Orson Sidecutter of CapturedPrey.com and Shawn of AlphaPrime and plan a meeting with them sometime over the Christmas holiday season. I work at Ford off Fern Valley Rd. so I will be on a shutdown.

To further this cause, I would ask any and all interested to contact me at kaickul@insightbb.com . Please provide your location in the state in an attempt to better centralize the location. Also note that this will not be limited to just KY fans. I would think that the Kentuckiana area would be the best bet for us along with possibly the Cincinnati area(?), Lexington, Bowling Green, and maybe northern TN(?) for finding interest since it would be possible to have this in central KY along the I-65 or maybe the Lexington I-75 corridors.

When I meet with Orson and Shawn, I will ask them officially if they want in on this and I am sure that they will as both have expressed interested when I last spoke to them. Since they sell TFs and maintain websites, this would seem a no brainer. They can speak for themselves when they read this and we talk further. Of course, there is the suggestion to create a new site as posted by Optimusfiretruck for better information when we have more, so anything is open here. Thanks for input and hopefully, we can work this out sometime soon. Take care all!

Galvatro, looking at a roundtable location for Spring07 or sooner.

17. Optimusfiretruck

I would all be fore a "meeting of the minds" I think we should start a committee of people to run this> galvo I have no problem of you taking rains. Just dont be to closed minded lol JK. But either a Lex or a Louis location would be perfect for people from close by states to come. Also Vendors/Sellers. Getting ahold of people that are looking to sell. Lots of other things to talk about as well. As stated b4 I ama person friend of a Webmaster and he will have no prob hosting and helping maintain a site with a forum on it so that way the committe has direct link to each other.
    With that Said I would glad to be on the board. I have some great Ideas for this and would glad to help in any way I can.

18. fschuler

fschuler Member TFW2005 Supporter

Did I hear Cincy?? I'd be up for a KyCon. Lex is only ~1.5 hrs from me, and Lou is only a little further.

19. Weirdwolf

Weirdwolf TFYLP Podcast Founder TFW2005 Supporter

Count me in if I'm off from work! :) 

20. megamus

News Credits:
    Getting the word out, but we still need more. I want at least everyone from KY to speak up. I'm thinking of a few things that would sweeten the pot. Trust me, this is something I've been thinking of for a while.