Anyone with a collection lacking Megs and OP (or very little of them)???

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by n_tel_ekt, Jul 17, 2007.

1. n_tel_ekt

n_tel_ekt Wreaker

I dont have an OP or Megs in my collection. Ive had a few through out the years, and lost (damned journey thru Adolecence!)... But I've decided on the definitive versions I want...

MP Prime and RID Prime...

MP Megatron... PERIOD (Maybe classics... Any Megs thats not a hand gun can suck it!)

2. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Rid prime is a great prime, but if you get him get rid ultra magnus as well. Yes Mp Prime and Mp megatron are must haves for any G1 fan. Their my favorite transformers.

3. NeilJam

NeilJam Resident Audiophile

News Credits:
    Have both characters in my collection now, but I never had a Megatron until MP-05 came out.

As for Prime, he was the first TF I bought as a child, and Masterpiece Prime (1st Hasbro release) was one of the first figures I bought when getting back into collecting.

4. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    The Masterpieces are amazing renditions of the characters, and are very worthy of being the definitive versions of those characters in your collection. I'd also recommend Classics Optimus and maybe Cybertron Leader Class Optimus, both of those are awesome toys. The Classics Optimus is an excellent take on everything that is Optimus Prime, without tying itself down to being an update of any particular version. Cybertron is just plain fun with those huge cannons.

5. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We Exist, and We DON'T Want to Date You

News Credits:
    I don't have either of them, either, but I'd really love a MP Megs...or at least a Revoltech one.

I did own a $5 garage sale Op some years ago, but sold him in 1999 along with the majority of my collection. He just doesn't 'speak' to me really...but I did enter one of my few codes for a Pepsi Prime last night.

If God wants me to have either of them, I will, in His own time. :) 

--Moony

6. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot You can, you up. No can, no BB.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    If you get RID Prime you HAVE to get RID Magnus as well.

7. bushboy

bushboy Hardcore Decepticon

I like Megs more than Prime, yet I have more Prime figures...*goes shopping to rectify this situation*

8. Prisoner1138

Prisoner1138 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Personally I'm getting an encore megatron to leave in gun mode.

If I only had a megatron big enough to hold encore megs in gun mode...

9. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I have more Prime's than Megatron's.

Only 3/4 Cyb.Meg/Galvatron,2 Pack Megatron and Classics Megatron but i'l get RID Armada,Energon and 2007 soon.

10. bushboy

bushboy Hardcore Decepticon

I believe someone noted a while ago that one of RiD Megatron's alt modes could hold it just like a hand.

11. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I agree with everything here. I think Cybertron Prime is an incredible Prime if you want a Prime that is fun to actually play with an imposing at the same time. All while maintaining a very distinct Prime look.

12. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Bad Luck Incarnate

I love RID Prime. I've got him and Magnus. The make Omega Prime. Which looks awesome.

13. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

I'm the same way really, outside of the Beast era stuff, I only have one Megatron and it's not even a real megatron, it's Armada Galvatron. Though I do plan on getting MP Megs and Voyager Movie Megs. But MP megs is more a collector item which will be kept with my other fragile type display stuff and Voyager Movie Megs wouldn't be called Megs in my toy collection so I still wouldn't have a 'definitive' Megs to lead my 'cons. Hopefully Animated Megs will look good in both robot and alt mode and be big enough to be a true leader.

As for OP, I have three. G1, Movie Leader and Armada Leader. Personally, I'm satisfied with my Armada Prime as he's got everything a Prime needs. Plus I never liked him as a Fire truck(Cyb/RiD) or trailer-less(Movie/Classics) and he's got better overall proportions then some (energon). But I still plan to get his MP version too, to fit with the Alts and fight Megs. All I need is a lil more money and a lot of space.

Edit: Also, I have this wierd habit of finding repainted Primes to look better then the original colors. Like I find that Scourge looks better then Laser Prime, I like Classics Magnus more then Classics Prime and there was that RiD Prime Proto repainted as Defensor/Hotspot that just looked *awesome*. Shame that one never made it out to retail.

14. IronhideTF

IronhideTF Give Stare Over There.-->

i have quite a bit of prime but not even one of megs, hopefully ill get leader megs soon.

15. thoughtcrime

thoughtcrime Well-Known Member

I stick to G1, so I have very few Primes and Megatrons.

-I skipped every domestic release of BW Primal and Megs.

-I bought RID Prime and Magnus, but skipped RID Megs

-Skipped each Prime/Megs from the Unicron trilogy.

With classics and MP, I'm set for the G1 leaders. I just can't accept any imposters wearing those names, just my taste. Nothing against those characters but they're not for me. Each of my Autobots & Maximals report to Classics Prime, and Deceps/Preds fall under Classic Megs. MP is a class unto itself.

16. darksage78

darksage78 Maximal

MP Megatron was my first non beast Megatron :)  As for Primes, MP Prime was second after the reissue.

17. Drew

Drew Well-Known Member

I've got the G2 prime re-release (with black trailer and sound box), a G1 Megatron KO that rules, Optimal Optimus, TM2 Megatron, BM Primal (The crap blue one, and an arm is broke because of the crap plastic) RiD Prime, RiD Megatron, Armada Galvatron, Armada Deluxe Prime, Classics Prime, Robovision Prime, and Leader Megatron. Oddly enough, with all of those, I continually want Prime and Megatron stuff, like Classics Megs, and the remaining accessories other than the scope for my KO Megs.

18. slugslinger2004

slugslinger2004 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    A couple of years ago, I only had a couple of Primes/megatrons. That changed once I got a job, and now I need to weed out the ones I dont care for :lol . I tend to buy Decepticons more often, but I think I have more Primes than Megatrons.

19. nYcet824

nYcet824 The Chosen One

lol i only have the leader class movie figs of them. i really love my OP but i regret buying the movie leader class megatron...wasnt really worth 40 bucks

20. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    I dont have an official Megs in my collection....but I do have three custom Megs, one official Prime and one custom Prime