Anyone who has the Season on Blu-Ray can you please check this out.

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by Mewtwo, Mar 24, 2012.

1. Mewtwo

Mewtwo Transform & Bamboo out

I am going through this on Blu-Ray watching a few eps at a time. I just came across the last episode on disc 2 "Sick Mind" and there was a few times the audio had a drop out. I rewinded and it was the same spots all the time. I just wanted to know if others have encountered this? The disc looks flawless, no scratches no fingerprints or dust. So it doesn't seem to be an issue with the laser not picking it up do to scratches or anything. (So far no other episodes have had any issues.)

So I'm just wondering if this is just a random issue or an issue with mine or a widespread one?

Thanks for the input.

2. Moonlight1102

Moonlight1102 Banned

Unfortunately this is very common issue. Shout Factory (the people who developed and published the Blu-ray) stated not too long ago that the audio issue in Sick Mind was irreversible for the high quality format. Mine has the same problem but sadly there's nothing we can do about it.

3. Mewtwo

Oh wow. Really? So it IS a widespread issue? Does someone have the link? I'd like to read up on this. Also is it in the HD iTunes digital transfers as well?

Edit: Oh and thanks for the help and info Moonlight. :) 

4. Moonlight1102

Moonlight1102 Banned

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/reviews/Transformers-Prime-Complete-1st-Season-Limited-Edition/11860

It's stated in the Audio section of the guy's review. He emailed Shout Factory about the issue and they told him what I've already said.

Oh and no prob. :) 

5. IaconStargazer

IaconStargazer Maximal

...Now I might regret asking for the Blu-Ray release for my birthday. (I already have the graphic novel, anyway.) If someone does get it for me, I'll possibly exchange it for the DVD version.

But to clarify this a little more: What exactly are the audio dropouts in "Sick Mind," and how noticeable are they to you? I took a quick read to that TVShowsOnDVD link, and the guy said they weren't anything to be really bothered by.

6. Moonlight1102

Moonlight1102 Banned

You have to have your sound at a certain volume in order to notice them. They only drop out for like a split second, but it's only a few number of times that this happens.

7. ChronoMagus

ChronoMagus Member

Besides the little sound audio problem, overall I am glad I did buy the blue ray version.

8. IaconStargazer

IaconStargazer Maximal

Ah - okay. If I do receive the Blu-Ray set as a gift, then I'll accept it. As long as there isn't an important word cut out of a major piece of dialogue or something, then I guess it's not a problem.

9. Moonlight1102

Moonlight1102 Banned

It's a piece of the background music, not the dialogue.

10. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    Don't let a little problem like this prevent you from getting the Blu-Ray. Seriously.

11. Mewtwo

Actually I believe there was a part where Prime is talking and it drops. It didn't seem like it was just the BGM. Then again I'm just using a really old Stereo system. So maybe it was more noticeable to me.

The guy said it doesn't affect the "Stereo" track so next time I have that Disc in I'm gonna switch it over to the PCM Stereo option and see.

12. Mewtwo

I am not understanding why one slight audio glitch on one episode would want you to get the DVD version over the superior quality Blu-Ray version. I just don't understand that. I could see if the Blu-Ray was messed up on several episodes or had major issues. But something like this isn't that huge a deal. Why would you want to get the DVD version over BR? It just makes no sense. I rather have an audio issue in one episode and have superior image and quality compared to flawless audio and lesser image quality.

This show was made in HD. It was made to be seen in it's full glory. :) 

Don't let a small audio issue in one episode (of 26) stop you from enjoying this awesome series the way it was meant to be seen. :cool: