Anyone watched Yamato Takeru before?

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Roanstalker, Jul 11, 2008.

1. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    No not the Toho movie that was brought over as Orochi. I mean the anime. It is one of my favourite animes (because of it being one of my first animes I watched). I love it so much I'm fan subbing it for more people to enjoy (shameless plug).

The premise is that the protagonist a boy named Takeru Yamato who is a child born on a massive space craft/colony which was forced into a black hole where in it was spit out the other end of a white hole into another star system called Onam. Basically all the planets in this star system has been destroyed by Tsukuyomi(misspelled Tsukiyomi in my subs :eek: . He (she?) plans to destroy the last planet, Ismo to get the last stone of Orochi to revive the legendary Yamatano Orochi. Basically Takeru finds a giant robot/statue which is actually 1 of 8 of Tsukuyomi's creations called MakuSenjin who are living weapons. The story plays out as Takeru learns more about his Makusenjin, named Susanoo and eventually forms an unbreakable bond with it.

The Makusenjins don't speak. But they occasionally shows signs of intelligence. Mostly Susanoo, who moves without Takeru telling him to.

Heres the episodes I've subbed so far. They are not the best quality since english isnt my first language and the rips I have arent that good quality wise since rips of this series is very rare.

Episode 1 - The giant Awakens (Note that when it says [creature] its roughly translated to Knight Horse)

Episode 2 - Great Disaster Arrives

Episode 3 - Journey into a World Unknown

Episode 4 - Girl of the Oasis

Episode 5 - Legendary Being Mahoroba

I have since lost the srt files to the first 6 episodes so I can no longer edit them. I have recovered episode 6 but it is the worst in bugs of the lot since I merged them before checking for bugs (was my next step but then computer problems arrived).

I hope to one day finish this series but lack of time means thats likely gonna be a long while away.

I also have both figures released for this series (a shame that the others were not made). Pics here:
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=164078#

Thanks for viewing :) .

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  2. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

I never heard of this show before but the mecha's look familiar.

Looks interesting.

3. Roanstalker

News Credits:
    I'm not sure if it was ever translated into english. It was translated into spanish I think as Maxbot.

4. brittoajay

brittoajay New Member

Need the series

Can you provide me with the link or source of the YAMATO TAKERU series in full? I have searched a the complete series in any format for a very long time. Please do reply me...

5. LAST FUKIN HERO

LAST FUKIN HERO New Member

6. asderial

asderial New Member

i can help

i cna help i have all the 36 episode raw but i can`t write the srt for it if you can email me the srt files i can sub it and post it online . plus i love this show so let me know, i cna write it english but my japanese is bad so if some one know how to write a semi translate i can probaly sub them all

7. Roanstalker

News Credits:
    I've already subbed the first 3 and someone else has done quite a bit too (though with questionable subbing ethics). You know what would help is if I could find someone to time the subs for me. Then I can translate it. Timing is too time consuming I really dont have the time for it...

Glad to see another fan :) .