Anyone want a show that returns to the Generation 1/Beast Era continuity?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by BlueFlame, Sep 29, 2010.

1. BlueFlame

BlueFlame Well-Known Member

I would LOVE this!! I really wish they'd dig out the old Transtech show and do something with it. Or maybe something set between Generation 1 and Beast Wars.

2. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    I'd be for it for two ways.

#1: In between the G1 and BW era. Shows what happens to the icons of G1 and the rise of the Maximal and Predacon factions.

#2: Set years after Beast Machines, Maximals and Predacons have become two new factions. The planet has nearly 200 years of peace until followers of the Megatron cult begans a new war on the planet. This results the former Predacon faction to split up. Some still prefer a return of the old ways. While others have better thoughts about Unicron then for Megatron, so join the former Maximal side instead. Creating massive armies on the planet led by Optimus Primax and a new Megatron.

3. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

^This SO MUCH THIS!!!

This is one of the great unexplored time periods in the G1 continuity.

4. kukuzoo

kukuzoo Member

5. BlueFlame

BlueFlame Well-Known Member

Sweet!!!!!:p 

6. springerbee

springerbee Well-Known Member

I'd like a G1 reboot that has the same character designs so CHUG would sell better among kids.

7. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Disagree with the first one, mostly because I despise prequels as a means of story telling, since it makes us hard to get related to the characters since we already know what it happens.

I´d watch anything post Beast Machines tho.

8. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Honestly? No, not really. Let HasTak keep on reinventing and reimagining Transformers and the brand will be with us for a very long time.

9. Galvatron Rage

Galvatron Rage Question Authority

You know, my initial answer was "Hell Yeah!".

But on second thought, I really wish they would do something new with Transformers! Not the same....old....story....over and over and over and over and over again! Expand the story - have a different main character than O Prime - I dunno...expand the mythos!

10. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Yeah, I'd dig this... just as long as it was decent storytelling. Keep Skir away from it.

I would love a return or redo of G1... but I am hesitant because Transformers storytelling has been pretty stupid over the years and I would want better for G1

11. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Same here.

Nostalgia aside, I want Transformers to move forward.

12. cuad

cuad VOK EMISSARY

News Credits:
    We need a series where the New Decepticons pound Cheetor into the ground and make Cybertron robotic again.

13. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

If there going to do this.

I prefer they do a new G-1 TF cartoon series where the old G-1 season 4 left off in 1987.
    because I don't just want to see the ark/diaclone characters. I want to see more 1986 thru 1989 TF characters grab the spot light as core characters.

I'd really like to see the 1986 thru 1989 get more core characters persona & more updated homage new mold toys.

seeing the following in updated new mold toy form would be levels beyond awesome:

(1) voyager or ultra sized 1988 double dealer.
    (2)1987 sixshot,voyager,ultra or leader sized.
    (3)1986 galvatron,voyager,ultra or leader sized.
    (4)rodimus prime,voyager,ultra or leader sized.
    horrorcons,snapdragon & apeface,ultra sized
    (5)Chromedome,deluxe,voyager or a HA styled $29.99 toy.
    (6)pmop,leader sized toy.
    (7)pretenders,voyager sized toys.
    (8)powermasters,autobots & decepticons,deluxe & voyager sized toys.
    (9)skylynx ultra sized or leader sized toy,with a newly added robot mode.
    (10)fortmax & scorponok,supreme sized toys.
    (11) metroplex & trypticon leader sized toys. trypticon gets a newly added robot mode.
    (12) quickswitch,voyager or ultra sized toy.
    (13) decepticon & autobot 1987 headmasters & targtmasters toys,deluxes & voyagers.
    (14)about 8+ voyagers/ultra sized To represent the exclusive G-1 japanese characters toys. from masterforce,victory,zone & battle stars/return of convoy. my 8 character choices would be: (1)2 voyager sized toys that combineto form a leader sized masterforce overlord toy. (2) Deathsauras,ultra sized toy. (3) starsabre & victoryleo,2 voyager sized toys that merge to form victorysabre. (4) Diatlas from zone,ultra sized. (5)sonic bomber & roadfire from zone both voyager sized toys. (6)starconvoy from battle stars ultra sized or leader sized toy. (7)skygarry from battle stars voyager sized toy. (8)grandus from battle stars,ultra sized toy. (9) super megatron & ultra megatron from battle stars/return f convoy. voyager,ultra or leader sized toys.

14. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I'd like to see a retelling of G1 based around the whole "for want of a nail" concept.

"For want of a screw, the engine was lost"
    "For want of an engine, the transport was lost"
    "For want of a transport, one robot's destiny was lost"
    "For want of one robot, the Autobot cause was lost"
    "And this is the tale of how it was won again"

15. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

I'm sorry you've totally lost me. :confused: 

DiTillio and Forward...ASSEMBLE!

16. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Sorry, me trying to be clever. Basically it's a poem about how the greatest changes come from the smallest things. Because there was no nail, the horse had no shoe, and because of that a knight could not ride into battle, and as a result of him not being there, the battle and ultimately the entire kingdom fell to its enemy. I was suggesting something similar in Transformers terms. A story where Orion Pax was not where he was meant to be to become Optimus Prime, leaving the Autobots leaderless, and allowing the Decepticons to claim victory because their opponents had no real leadership.

It's like that old Superman story where the Kents got a flat so they never found Superman and as a result there was no Justice League to fight off an alien invasion years later, and the rest of the story was about how the remaining heroes were in a world where Superman never existed but the rest of the key events of DC history happened.

17. darkunor

darkunor Banned

I definately would welcome, a return to the G1 continuity. From the looks of it all it's retarded offspring can't seem to recreate the magic G1 had, so why not! However in my opinion it would be best if they got the old voice cast back or similar replacements as that is one of the features that really made it an outstanding show.

I would love it if this new show had a tone akin to Batman the Animated series, so it can only just barely be a kid show but older audiences can appreciate it. For me batman TAS does this very well as it shows you can make a show true to its source material and not have excessive amounts of violence and gore and can still be brilliant!

I would like there to be heavy, consistent continuity, complex story arcs within the show a la gargoyles, where every episode can be linked to a previous or a future episode one way or another, hell they could even introduce 2,3,4 or even 5 parters similar to TMNT 2003. Character deaths could be introduced but not regularly so it would be not become cheap. I wouldn't even mind if character deaths were really random and very unexpected similar to how they sometimes occur in the sopranos. But as I said earlier they should be seldom to make it more shocking, appealling and realistic to the audience.

I would really love to see a betrayal from the autobot faction, and I dont mean one of those cliche type of baddies we see these days, what I call the complex villian, you know, those evil but tend to do good from time to time kind of villians but an unrepentant villian whose decisons are based on rationality rather than sentiment. One who seals his fate as a decepticon by doing something heinious or unforgivable.

I wouldn't mind seeing some toys that werent featured in the 80's series introduced as long as their backstories are handled well.

They could even provide background on how the moon bases and autobot city came to be also explain how the movie autobot characters came to be including some of those featured in the rebirth and also on the decepticon faction as well, a background on who or what unicron is or how he came to be would be most welcome, they could also show us how the decepticons came to be the dominant force as they captured the moon bases and then continue from where they left off in the rebirth.

18. Eternalm

Eternalm Hasbro owns my Childhood

I personally don't care if we go back to G1 or have new shows, they just need to be good.

What if they gave you your wish, with a return to G1, but it was the same crummy writing/animation is the unicron trilogy?

Personally, I loved TFA , and I would take something like that again in a heartbeat, what continuity it's set in matters very little to me.

19. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Now THAT would be moving forward!

No... how 'bout someone from outside kids / animation scripts? Some new blood if you will.

That could be a gamble- the scriptwriter for Gladiator sucked for Star Trek... but the outsider for GI Joe Resolute did well.

20. Starblaze Prime

Starblaze Prime Daughter of Primus

Now that would be a return to the G1 continuality that I would love to see.

To add to that maybe have a complex anti-hero type character as well. Such a character would be someone that the audience spends the entire time trying to figure out the alligence of and who finally reveals him/herself at a pivotal moment.