Anyone want a Iron Giant,Bumblebee version live movie?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Avengers, Sep 1, 2012.

1. Avengers

Avengers Banned

It could have a even mixture of CGI Bumblebee scenes. mixed in with live action humans and surrondings scenes.

The movie would follow the Formula of the Iron giant story. It would have comedy,Drama & action packed explosions.

This movie would be aimed more for younger kids. but not too young themed that parents,teens an adults could not enjoy it.

The movie would be about Bumblebee getting left behind on the earth by accident. this movie would be in the live action Transformers universe. In this bumblebee movie,the war is over. The decepticons on earth have all been destroyed or left earth. the Autobots victorious have left earth and are now on Cybertron.

Bumblebee in this iron giant styled movie. can be a loner who got left behind by accident. while bumblebee waits to send his signal to the autobots. and have a ship from cybertron arrive to pick him up. Bumblebee can find a little boy,get damaged by accident. the boy's family repairs bumblebee as best as they can. Their can be a few comedy scenes of bumblebee getting use to living with a family. breaking furniture,trying to sit at the table and eat dinner with the family. the mom trying to figure out what to make bumblebee for dinner. the dad giving bumblebee a few gallons of gasoline to eat for dinner. bumblebee seeing affection between the family.

the earth military finds out about bumblebee. their is a huge stand off between bumblebee and the earth military. bumblebee at the end saves the earth and gets blown to bits by the earth army. The autobots arrive later to find bumblebee in pieces. ratchet rebuilds bumblebee and the boy says good bye to bumblebee. the last scene takes place on Cybertron with a huge welcome home bumblebee celebration. Bumblebee speaks and thanks ratchet for repairing him and his vocal cords.

If Marketed right,the Bumblebee iron giant live movie. could be a huge money making block buster.

Since Hasbro loves bumblebee so much. this is their perfect chance to create a entire bumblebee centered toy line.
    with a few play sets with the humans and military vechicles.

2. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    no.

3. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Cannot Hold Weapon

News Credits:
    That is the silliest thing I've read all day.

But it kind of makes sense. Bumblebee is basically the Iron Giant with wheels and a yellow paint job. Even the eyes are the same!

4. strangeguy32000

strangeguy32000 Well-Known Member

NO
    NO
    and
    NO

5. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    Without having my crystal ball with me, I'd say that your idea could definitely work. Or at least, it definitely has merit to it. :) 

It's one of the many, many, many (and I literally mean HUNDREDS) of possible storylines that could've been used for a live-action Transformers. And that's one thing that I think many people seem to forget about live-action Transformers. There are literally hundreds of ways that it could've turned out. Bayformers is just one way. The single way it turned out in our universe in 2007-2011, under those specific set of circumstances. Between casting, locations, writing, who the director is, design choices, and everything else associated with a movie like this, there are so many different combinations to be had; be they good or bad.

We could've ended up with a cartoony Spy Kids-esque movie. We could've ended up with a gritty, R-rated machine war blood bath movie. It could've been as sci-fi as Star Wars. It could've been as "grounded" as TDK. We could've had only celebrities as VAs. We could've had one movie only. We could've had EIGHT movies. We could've had a movie with only 2 Transformer characters. We could've had movies that had 100+ Transformer characters. We could've had steampunk designs. We could've had an entire movie with only Ratchet. We could've had an entire trilogy without Megatron. Or, we could've had an Iron Giant-esque story featuring Bumblebee. See where I'm going with this? Your idea here, Avenger, is one of the many different possibilities we could've ended up with. And I, for one, would've probably enjoyed your version.

6. roccondil5

roccondil5 sculptor

Would I like it? Probably, who knows?

Do I feel any need for it? Not really, no...

Also, imagine a TF movie toy line ENTIRELLY comprised of bumblebees! :eek: 

7. TylerMirage

News Credits:
    We don't have to imagine. It's been a reality since 2007. HEY-O!

8. roccondil5

roccondil5 sculptor

:lolol 

9. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    If you're suggesting that the relationship between Bumblebee and Sam should have been based on 'The Iron Giant', this is a perfectly valid idea.

10. roccondil5

roccondil5 sculptor

I agree except for one thing. The iron giant itself is a naive, inocente being, that learns about friendship and humanity through a young boy. And BB is war hardened, crippled vet, that probably has already learned all there is to know about friendship and feelings through all the loss and pain he suffered during the war, and would not gain anything from learning all about it again from Sam.

In a sense, the kind of "iron giant" relationship the movies could have explored, was already explored in the first movie

11. PrimesRule

PrimesRule Banned

News Credits:
    Hell no. Bumblebee is already overrated enough.

12. The621

The621 Fuck you, that's why!

News Credits:
    You heard the verdict, Avengers! NO.

13. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Did you more or less just swap the name 'E.T.' for the name 'Bumblebee' and then 'robot war' things up a bit?

Yeah, pity that opportunity has already passed. Unless they tried it again with a reboot or new kid in the future discovering a lost and damaged Bumblebee set decades after the current BayVerse run, and maybe we learn how things went from the end of DotM to how the world totally forgot about Transformers.

But do we really need another Iron Giant style 'boy and his giant alien war robot' movie? There was already a brilliant movie that did that story very successfully. And that movie was called... Iron Giant. Probably the only time I would ever want that fully revisited is in a live-action remake of Iron Giant itself.

But anyway, from what I read of his post the OP just needs to watch E.T. and Iron Giant together and that's all he needs. No need to make a movie combining those two with Transformers at all.

14. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    My implication was in regards to the quality and depth of the relationship, not the position that the two character's occupy.

15. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Please no.

I'm so sick and tired of Bumblebee, Bumblebee, Bumblebee on store shelves that I just want to see him die in the movies and on Transformers Prime so we could get a little while where the shelves aren't clogged with a yellow robot.

My movie would be put Bumblebee in Sin City so I can enjoy someone killing that yellow bastard.

16. TylerMirage

News Credits:
    But see, that's the thing. It wouldn't even have to be Bumblebee. Take this idea and replace "Bumblebee" with "Hot Shot", "Hot Rod", "Bulkhead", "Wheeljack", "Arcee", or whoever. The idea really does have great potential, just change the specifics.

17. roccondil5

roccondil5 sculptor

Yep

18. Avengers

Avengers Banned

I must admit,I kinda wanted it to be Bumblebee. Because I hate the Bumblebee character. I was looking forward to seeing Bumblebee get blown to bits at the end of the movie.

Bumblebee is the perfect choice. He is one of the top stars movie theathre viewers go to see in the live action movies.

Replacing bumblebee with a unknown would have disastrous effects on low movie ticket sales.

The replacement would have to have star power. he'd have to be one of the top stars of the live action movies. as this would take place in the existing movie verse.

Optimus might be a perfect replacement. even though he's strong and wise. Optimus Prime's love for the human race. could be his weakness that the earth military exploit. Optimus could refuse to fight back. in a effort to prove the autobots are the good guys.

19. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    While I wouldn't mind seeing some sidestories in the TF universe, I don't think the Iron Giant is one I'd like to see adapted. The Iron Giant shone not only because of the story it had, but because of the great animation and art style it used to meld the 50s sci-fi aesthetic with modern animation techniques. I don't see any reason just to shoehorn those elements into Transformers.

In general, mixing good sci-fi is less like mixing chocolate and peanut butter, and more like mixing wine and tequila. Adding the one element, franchise, or concept rarely improves on the other.

In this particular example, most, if not all the elements, are inherent in Transformers anyway. Bumblebee crashes to earth in the 70s to do recon, IIRC, scans a beetle, is repaired by a mechanic and his son named Buster (a la the marvel comics original mini-series or the UK Man Of Iron story), is on the run from the S7 of that time, and eventually has to leave his human friends to keep them out of danger. Similar to the Iron Giant, but only on a superficial level. Anything more than that, and I think you'd be shooting yourself in the foot.

That being said, I think such a project would be better suited to a comic or a dvd-tie in than a full feature length movie. I just don't see an effective way of selling the expense of making it, when there's already an ongoing live-action franchise it spins off of.

20. Spin-Out

Spin-Out "It's just... Asinine."

If you're saying you'd want a TF movie with a story with the same quality story, characters, and friendship between a kid (say, Sari Sumdac) and five or so giant robots, I'd be all for it.