anyone used mail?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by xMostWanted559x, Jun 28, 2014.

1. xMostWanted559x

xMostWanted559x Well-Known Member

I usually always use priority but I sold a book for school and shipped it medial mail. I drop off a figure and the book to my post office. I didn't get a receipt. But next day the figure shows accepted but my book is showing no updates after two days. I ask post office and they just said no idea.

Am I screw if its an eBay book sale? Unless I give it a few more days. Usually I hand it to my work mailman directly and never had a problem. This is one of rare times I dropped off at PO

2. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot That moment when you realize I'm someone's mom

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Takes a week sometimes for an update. Did you do tracking? You probably won't get an update til it's delivered.

3. xMostWanted559x

So its different from first class and priority? Yra tracking just shows I paid for ship and that's it

Usually first class and priority I get same day updates

4. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    Media mail is... You get what you pay for. The tracking will likely never update except at delivery if you're lucky. I think it slots in below 3rd class mail, which basically means it's the mail they sort when it's not quite time to go home yet and all the other mail has been sorted.

5. xMostWanted559x

Hmmm I hope it shows delivered. If not the buy can lie and say they never got it?

6. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Find Gary Busey!

I try to avoid USPS as much as possible.

My mailman is an asshole. We've constantly had trouble with him over the years and reporting him apparently is no use, because he's still got a job.

During the birth of our first daughter, we received some mail that didn't have enough postage, so he paid it. Which would have been a nice gesture, but a day or so later, we received a nasty note from him about how he paid the postage and we owe him for it. We hadn't even been home yet because we were still at the hospital.

A while later, my wife received a letter that had to be signed for. She had been on hold, waiting to speak to unemployment for almost an hour (they're horrible with the wait times), so I offered to sign it, which should be fin, I've done it may times. Nope, this asshole screams at my on my porch to get her out there, that he wanted to watch her sign it. I came close to decking him for that. I drove to the post office and reported him immediately instead, but the staff there did nothing. They pretty much just laughed it off.

He'll sit in the driveway at honk his horn if we have a package, instead of leaving it on the porch like most mail carriers do.

Last weekend, he actually did get his ass out of his car an came up to the porch, only to open my door and throw my mail onto the floor as I was walking over to see who was here.

He also seems to like to pull the doors off of mailboxes. He's done it here to ours, my neighbors is broken, and at our previous residence about a mile from where we live now, our landlord replaced the mailbox when we moved in, only to have the mailman break that one.

I seriously can't wait till he retires or dies. At this point, I couldn't care less if either happens.

7. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Anthony Hopkins with a submachine gun. 'Nuff said!

The only mail I really use is USPS, mostly because I don't have an option not to use that carrier when I import stuff from HLJ via SAL (the other two options are significantly faster and tracked, but also significantly more expensive). The site says 8-16 business days, I'm lucky if it gets here in under three weeks (though to this day I don't know how my Figma Yoshika Miyafuji managed to travel across 1/2 the world in under a week to my mailbox the week after Christmas a few years ago).

I think the only time I've ever had a problem with the USPS is when a first-class shipped/tracked package containing my Chevy Aveo Swerve somehow made it to my local post office before *magically* being rerouted back to the California address it had been shipped from, and no immediate reason was given. As it would turn out to be, the seller somehow forgot to put my entire address in the cramped corner left for it, having only gotten to the city and zip code and not noticing the street address was missing. Thankfully, I was able to go to another post office close to where I was doing volunteer work that day and the worker on staff there was most helpful in getting the other post office to intercept the package in time and even have it delivered that day in the usual mail.

Oh, and then even earlier than that, my uncle down south found a Wii console (this was back when it had just been released and NOBODY could find one at retail) and sent it up to us. The problem was that it arrived while my family was out for the day, so when we came home, we found nothing less than a Wii box that had shipping labels slapped on it and just sitting on your doorstep. Dodged a bullet there, to be sure, but as my uncle later said that he'd been told it would have been put in a larger box to disguise it, it's still a total brain fart on the part of whoever thought shipping a Wii box in that time just to leave it free to anybody on a doorstep.

Sounds like you should give him a physical copy of your sig :lol 

8. xMostWanted559x

Sounds like from you guys. It probably update once its there? It makes no sense I dropped off both on top of each other. Why not scan them both? Lol

9. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

I love usps but there are mailmen sometimes that are lazy, but every ups and FedEx guy is lazy I have had my front porch window open the guy glared at me tossed the box and ran away it's like they are told not to make contact with the person they deliver to.

I've had UPS and FedEx do the same thing with tracking before though where it will all clear in one day.

10. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Everyone is an Asshole - YouTube

LOVE the thread title btw...

11. xMostWanted559x

I guess I'm not only one who dislikes them lol

I hope I don't get screwed though

12. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We Exist, and We DON'T Want to Date You

News Credits:
    Because they're two entirely different classes of mail. Media mail is bare bones, with no tracking or insurance or delivery confirmation, etc, unless you pay extra. So unless the buyer calls or emails you to tell you it arrived, you're SOL on finding out if it did. And also SOL if something happens in transit.

--Moony

13. xMostWanted559x

I have a track number though

14. Soundblaster1

News Credits:
    Postal reference # =/= tracking #
    Even if they're the same type of sticker.

15. xMostWanted559x

Oh so its not an actual trsck? But should show delivered

16. Soundblaster1

News Credits:
    Maybe? I've never looked one up because I've never had one on a receipt, but I know unless you pay for tracking or tracking is included, there is no tracking.

17. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We Exist, and We DON'T Want to Date You

News Credits:
    Did you even look at the link? That's the USPS info page about it.

--Moony

18. xMostWanted559x

I did look at link.

But it scanned finally tracking updated

19. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

1st class mail comes with it now.