Anyone use ToyHunting.com?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by caitlindevi, Jul 6, 2010.

1. caitlindevi

caitlindevi Sculpticon

News Credits:
    Has anyone used ToyHunting.com?

I've been trying to get them to message me back about an ordr but I've heard nothing.
    Everything about them I've found says they're ok, But I just can't get a reply. If I don't hear soon I'll have to register it as fruad with paypal and try to get my money back.

2. Davticon

Davticon New Member

Hi my friend, I have the same problem with this people! I bought them "2 months ago!!!" a figure and after waiting for a month I sent them a message and they told me that the item was sent from Singapour and two weeks after, tired of waiting, I wrote them again to get my money back and still there's no answer after many messages. Really I don't know what I'm gonna do. They don't have phone number or an address to contact, nothing, just that stupid "contact us" form in their page. If anyone know another way to contact them please make us know. Thanks!

3. antapp

antapp Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Have you paid via Paypal? You should be protected if you have.

4. caitlindevi

caitlindevi Sculpticon

News Credits:
    at least you've had a reply I've sent at least 4 messages now and nothing.

ANd it doesn't need to take so long ebing sent from that part of the world...I've received packages a day after from china before and thats to the uK

If I don't hear something by the end of the week I'm starting claim back procedures on paypal - 2 weeks is fair enough but on sunday it'll be a month

5. caitlindevi

caitlindevi Sculpticon

News Credits:
    Just tried to contact them again via two methods - if no reply by saturday then its paypal disputes time

6. Tarma

Tarma Metal Slug

I ordered some stuff off them not so long a go, prices seemed good and paypal was available, so I went ahead.

Heard nothing and received nothing, so after about three weeks I emailed them and got a reply about two days later saying that there had been an error at their warehouse and my order was never dispatched, did I still want my items.

I replied back and said "no" as I found a better deal while waiting for them to send my order. Got a refund without any fuss.

I have no idea if they're legit or not, but the service is so slow, it makes you wonder if they are or not. I certainly won't be dealing with them again and glad I got my refund.

Hope you get your order - or your money back!

7. caitlindevi

caitlindevi Sculpticon

News Credits:
    Update - I've just had to raise a Paypal dispute against these website to try and get my money back.
    I've tried to get in touch with them via thier own messengin system on thier website AND via email, but no reply at all, nothing to say if the item had been dispatched unavailable, warehouse errors or otherwise.

BUYER BEWARE - if dealing with Toyhunting.com be very careful - we have three examples right here that they cannot deliver the good they claim to have. They 'might' have sold items legitamately to some people but I have not heard from anyone who has.

All I know is they haven't delivered my item and have made no attempt to contact me beyond the automatic messages of thier website

8. Jackpot

Jackpot Neo-maxi zoom dweebie

I just ordered something from them, and it came through fine (and in less time than they said it would take, too). But before it arrived, I had e-mailed them asking if I could get a tracking number or even just the name of the carrier, and they didn't reply. When I got the package, I could see why - it was delivered via USPS in a brown-paper-wrapped box with the address handwritten and ordinary stamps for postage. So there certainly hadn't been any way to track it, and their silence makes me think that if something had gone wrong, I would've been screwed.

So... in conclusion, add a thumbs-up vote for having completed a successful transaction, but qualified with a lack of safeguards against things going badly.

9. Miragen

Miragen Dinobot Striker

I'd like to warn you all against using Toyhunting. I ordered from them and received nothing. They never responded to ANY of my emails. Thankfully, I was protected through Paypal.

10. Specimen-17

Specimen-17 Well-Known Member

For the benefit of anyone who finds this thread through Google, add another to the list of no communication or item received. They did issue a refund after a Paypal dispute was opened, but didn't respond to any e-mails, answer their phone or offer any explanation. Waste of time dealing with these guys.