Anyone use Rogaine Foam?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by funkatron101, Jun 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. funkatron101

funkatron101 TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Let's face it, we are all getting older, and there are a lot of us who are seeing hair loss. Embarrassing? Yeah, but big deal, this is the internet, and I trust most of you guys for a good opinion.

I keep going back on forth on my hair loss, some days I think it's really not that bad, and I really don't care, other days it drives me crazy. I tried Rogaine before, but it was too messy, and made my hair look like crap.

So anyone using Rogaine foam? Does it work well? Does it make your hair greasy?

2. Boggs6ft7

Boggs6ft7 TFW2005 Supporter

have you thought about just buzzing your hair? A few of my friends that went thin/bald early just buzz or shave it clean.

3. Moroni Prime

Moroni Prime #TFYLP Podcast

News Credits:
    yep, used it on my nose, cheeks and forehead. I now have a fulltime job as bigfoot at the Indianapolis zoo.

seriously though, never looked into hair restoration. However, I have a receded hairline thanks in part to heredity on my dad's side. I'm 23, and have been hit on by a 47 year old woman because of my hairline. I guess life just has it's subtle ways of kicking you right square in the johnson.

4. funkatron101

Ebay:
    I've done that, as more of a "Let's see how I would look when I really am loosing all my hair." I have a pin head. It is quite humorous.

Some people may think I am superficial for wanting to keep my hair, and not just saying "Oh well, I just gotta deal with what life brings me," but then you can say that for a bunch of things. Shaving isn't natural, but most of us conform to that standard grooming. If I prescribed to that way of thinking, I would probably be a stinky naked bearded man who eats whatever he can find.

5. Emperor Mengde

Emperor Mengde Instrumentalist

I actually went mostly bald at 17 (stupid messed up genetics). Just shave your head and move on...better than spending time and money on a product that has almost no chance of actually working.

6. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Comic Ink - Dublin, CA

News Credits:
    I have a spot thats been "thin" for the last 10 years without really getting worse :)  and since it's in the back I really don't see it anyway...

I had a buddy who tried using Rogaine foam and his hair started falling out 10x WORSE!!

7. funkatron101

Ebay:
    Yeah, I read about that. It's supposed to be temporary shedding. It didn't happen to me when I tried it, but it sounds scary.

8. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    I started losing my hair at 18, although slowly. it really sped up when I was around 23 (and then sped up even faster after using rogaine, and it NEVER came back) so I just shaved it all off.

which really pissed me off, because my hair was like 2 feet long and looked really cool. but with hair that long, having a big bald spot on the top of your head is just awful and pathetic, so off it went.

9. ShortCircuit

ShortCircuit Decepticon

Just dont get a wig if thats where your headed. lol get it. (insert pee wee herman laugh here)

10. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

I have some receding hairline due to my dad's genes and yes I have used the foam.. my wife bought it for me. The label says it may take up to 4 months to see the results (if I remember correctly) so I can't say it's working or not. However there are more hair in that area than 3 years ago when the bald spot was very obvious so maybe it does work.

11. Razorblaze

Razorblaze God of Thunder TFW2005 Supporter

I thought about using Rogaine, but decided against it after reading about the side effects which is pretty much what everyone on here discribed. Plus that stuff is like $50, even the foam, and you have to keep using it. Besides, my hair isn't that badly thined, and I always wear a hat of some sort whenever I'm out.

12. Grimlocks Pretender Shell

Grimlocks Pretender Shell mmmm...energon

I recently cut my hair to about 2 inches long. It was all the way down my back, now I noticed my hair is looking a little thinner (i'm 26) and my mums side of the family are all bald but they went bald at a much younger age.

I was considering using rogaine ot theken it up a bit but not now..im gonna shave it i reckon. Or I will rock a really bad comb over.

13. Shipwreck

Shipwreck Will smack your bitch

My hair is thinning and if I hit the lottery I'd get that hair transplant surgery asap. Some people can handle being bald for me my head is so small and round that I'll just look like a cancer paient.

14. funkatron101

Ebay:
    I guess the risk of shedding with the rogaine is also there with hair transplants. It can cause "shock" and irritation to the follicles next to the transplanted hair, which causes them to fall out.

15. Lance Halberd

Lance Halberd oh hai

News Credits:
    I also echo the sentiment of hair transplants over Rogaine. One of my students lost most of the hair on the top of his head by the time he was 20. For his 21st birthday, his parents got him the surgery. Now he's got a full head of hair, and it's like he never lost it in the first place.

Luckily, I haven't seen much hairloss yet, except for a bit of the receding hairline. Unfortunately, I've been steadily going grey for the past 10 years :( 

16. Mumble-bee

Mumble-bee inveterate lurker

I've got the beginnings of what will eventually (based on father and grandfather) be a big empty space on top of my head.

Part of my father's solution was to wear a hat most of the time. Unfortuneately, when he took his hat off, he'd have a big flag waving party because of the comb-over that was the other part of his solution. :rolleyes2 

My hair's fairly thick; letting it grow out a little longer seems to help cover the obviousness of the thin spot, tho I never actually saw it until last year (apparently it's been there a while). I figure if it ever becomes a real problem, I'll shave it and see what happens.

17. Super_Megatron

Super_Megatron Twitter: @Super_Megatron Administrator

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Bald is beautiful baby.

18. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    besides rogaine/transplant have u considered hair restoration clinics? they have these where i live.

19. ambushbug74

ambushbug74 Stroke me, Stroke me! TFW2005 Supporter

I thought of using Rogaine too, but have yet to actually buy it. My wife will not let me shave my head, so she must be avoiding the inevitable.

20. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

Be a man and shave that shit off... it's what Bruce Willis would do.

After several embarassing hair pieces.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.