Anyone use Decoy Trap?

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by underwear-ninja, Jul 31, 2010.

1. underwear-ninja

underwear-ninja Eats Gobots for breakfast

I've been trying out some different arrangements with Scout, and gave Decoy Trap a go. I've been practicing all day and have yet to have any success with it. Either it doesn't last long enough or gets shot away. I've been trying to use it combined with Cloak to sort of "play dead" (running around a corner when chased, dropping trap and cloak) but it doesn't seem to work.

Anyone else use it? What do you think of it, or do you have any pointers?

2. The Constructicon

The Constructicon Yeah, I turn into a leg.

I use it, I do best with the ghost skill that makes cloak last longer, then I place them in high traffic areas among other weapons on the map. Then I wait for the sucker to walk in and hit it, or you can use them in situations when you are chased, set them down right around a corner so they hit it when they turn the bend.

Also, remember it makes a decoy of whatever weapon you are holding. Find a fusion cannon or a scrapmaker before placing one and that will attract more people to it. Better the weapon the better it'll work.

3. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

Eh, no. I don't want to deploy a fake gun and hope that someone will pick it up. The worst that happens to them? They're stunned. They guys at High Moon should have had the abbility do much worse damage than that, considering that there's a good chance that someone won't even pick it up. Just my 2 cents though.

4. The Constructicon

They did, the Shock treatment skill causes residual damage to anyone who picks it up and in the update it received a considerable damage boost.

5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Define "used."

I've taken Decoy Trap out to dinner, gotten all liqoured up, taken it back to it's place for some passionate intimacy, then bail before it wakes up in the morning leaving only a fake number and a sense of emptiness.

However, I've also equiped it but never gotten around to deploying it. I tried once back when the demo was out and nobody would fall for it, unlike how it did for me. The only reason I leave it on is because I can't think of anything else I'd put there that I'm good at.

6. The Constructicon

I think the secret is just in where you place it, if you stick it right on a node it's obvious but if you put it somewhere off to the side, not in a spot that's suspicious among other guns you'll snag people...

7. TornadoQuakeX

TornadoQuakeX Decepti-Creep

I've never used Decoy Trap. It seems like it wouldn't work, and judging by people's experiences here it looks like it doesn't.

8. The Constructicon

Like any skill, it depends on the user.

9. shadowsfm

shadowsfm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i dont like is because it gets destroyed by stray shots and splash damage

10. honkhet

honkhet Well-Known Member

i have a question about how the decoy trap works.

when picking up a gun, ppl actually have to press a button (square for ps3) to pick it up.
    what about the decoy trap? do ppl have to actually pick it up to trigger it off?
    or does it trigger even ppl just run into it?

11. shadowsfm

shadowsfm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    run into

12. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Well that's the point. thermo mines and those giant bombs can be destroyed that way too. All games have traps you can disarm by shooting now-a-days.

13. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Mark Target and Cloak are the best abilities to use for a scout.

14. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    I have to agree. Weakening the armor really does help out alot with Mark Target, especially when used with the upgrades to cloak.

I tried Decoy Trap for a bit. It really didn't seem to be too effective, so haven't bothered with it since.

15. Soundwave4win

Soundwave4win Escalation Connoisseur

It reminds me of Disguise to much. you're expecting people that play the game near 24/7 to buy that your gun has been dropped and you mysteriously died. same as Disguise expects your enemies to not look at your character.
    Difference is that Disguise only needs to get you off the radar for a few seconds so you can do your Emp/Shock/Drain/Turret thing that everyone loves.

16. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    I've tried using it strategically, but it just doesn't last long enough to lay traps with. I drop one off on a control point, cloak, and watch it from afar, and it just runs out and vanishes. Usually right before somebody actually comes over. Cloak/Dash is all I need.

17. The Constructicon

Heh, it seems nobody likes it but me, I'll continue to shock people (litterally) when they stumble upon my Decoy traps.