Anyone think the vehicles will change in the sequel?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by lumpstyle, Apr 8, 2007.

1. lumpstyle

lumpstyle Anti-fan boy

So I'm psyched about the movie and all but I just had a thought. Knowing the way trends in cars change so quickly these days, I bet GM wants newer cars in the sequel. One thing is for sure, the G1 counterparts didn't change their vehicle form for a long time, if ever for some. What happens when in the sequel they change Rachet to an "H4" or Ironhide to a 2010 Silverado etc. ?

2. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I'm thinking that characters from the first movie won't change alt modes. There will probably be plenty of new characters thrown in that they'll be happy with that bunch of new alt modes used. I'm hoping that Hound comes in as a Military Humvee or something similar. He could even have a dog painted on the side of him, to help explain his name.

3. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    i expect that there may be upgrades, considering BB gets on in the first movie, but for the most part, the characters will stay the same.

4. Optimatron

Optimatron Autobot

I'm hoping that they get Robot mode make overs instead of vehicle ones...The vehicles they picked out are fine. I also hope that maybe VW's comes to their senses and decides they want a piece of the pie. This would allow for Lamborghini, Audi, Bentley, and Porsche all to be in the movie...I hope this obviously because Sunstreaker is one of my fav. characters and I'd like to see him as a Murcielago, and Sideswipe as a countach. ( I know, I know, I've stated that multiple times before but I'm just hoping someone is watching and takes it into account lol). Not to mention...if Vw was involved...then the possibility for the Bugatti Veyron to be in the movie would be there as well. All in all, I'd like to see multiple car makers involved in the movies...my biggest hope is for BMW...if only to be able to get an M3 alternator of some other bmw. I really hope when all is said and done that we don't just see a lot of cars from the Big Three.

5. Sentinel

Sentinel TF Museum Curator Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Absolutely they will change:

1) they want an updated movie. Something different than they already put out and also contemporary to the times
    2) with new alt modes, there comes new toys and that is kinda a big selling point for Hasbro
    3) there will probably be new characters anyway, and they will need different vehicles than are already out there

6. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

I'm guessing we'll be hanging with GM for a while. Not a bad choice I guess. I'm a kind of a Ford man, but oh well. Would be weird for them to jump ship to another company after this movie. But I guess it could be possible. The autobots could be recognizable int heir current forms and people will "look" for them.

It really would make sense for them to change alt modes constantly to throw off their enemies or anyone (like the gov't or military) to get into their business.

But then again Hasbro wouldn't like that since they'd have to constantly change molds and looks.

7. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

I think there would just be a lot more charcaters with more diverse alt. modes for a sequal. The ones from the first film that return will probably have the same as they do now - The CGI models already exist, so why spend a fortune by starting from the beginning again when just a few tweaks would suffice (the odd colour change, for example)?

8. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Well GM do own the Corvette brand, so maybe Tracks.....

9. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    I think at lest a few of the cars will change either because of new characters or GM just wanting to show off new models.

10. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

Hear, hear... I think Hound should be a Humvee. However, I don't think having a dog be painted on the side of him would help explain his name. His role pretty much explains it anyways...

11. nuopus

nuopus Well-Known Member

Ya, but they don't change quickly enough to be considered obsolete withing 2 or 5 years. Most sporty cars made in the year 2000 still look modern if properly taken care of and look new. The cars in the 90's though, may be a different story for most, but still look good for some. I know people that prefer the 1990's celicas over the new ones for example.

12. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

For the sequel, it seems the presence of the Transformers on Earth will be known (I can't see how they can cover all those battles in the first film up!) so there'll be no need for them to update their disguises.
    Also, unlike the cartoon, any changes to the alt. mode would have to be reflected in 'bot mode. I don't think this would be very good for non-fan audience recognition.

13. lumpstyle

lumpstyle Anti-fan boy

I agree about Hound. I also hope Hotrod, Springer and Ultra Magnes get thrown in (though its doubtful). I hope never to see Arcee. Thats not in a sexist way but why would robotic based organisms need females? They don't have sex, do they? Theres another great thread, a Transformers sex scene!!! Ummm not that I fantasize about robots boinking err... ummm, nevermind. :redface2: 

14. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    I would think BB would stay the same since he is a car that's not even out yet. Prime, well he's a big rig, is there any point in updating him, maybe, he could lose the flames. Maybe Jazz can come back as a Porsche.

I'm sure there will be some changes or like others have said, new characters with new alt. modes. Of course the Decepticons dont really matter, since they are mostly military vehicles and those dont change often.

15. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    I hope that some of them stay the same, and some of them change -either new characters, or upgrades if appropriate.

Plus, it would be kind of neat to see Hasbro make a completely new figure of the same design. (If, indeed, they would do that.)

16. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    it just occurred to me last night that Hasbro is DEFINITELY going to want new designs, so that they can sell all-new movie toys when the sequel comes out in two years or whatever.

17. Hobbes-timus Prime

Hobbes-timus Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I was about to post this. I'd be very, very surprised to see any character's design remain unchanged through the second movie...

18. _Soundwave_

_Soundwave_ I am listening

News Credits:
    Same here, Though I would like to see Hot Rod in the next one as a Lamborgini of some sort or the Saleen S7

19. matadormi5

matadormi5 Well-Known Member

The vehicles will/must change to stick with the current automotive scene. Bumblebee changes into the 08 Camaro and I think the rest of the bots will do the same. Even robots want to be up to date in fashion. lol

20. SoundWave2007

SoundWave2007 Well-Known Member

couldnt have said it better myself. if not then at least megatron starscream and frenzy. kill thse 3 off in the movie and transfer theyre spark to bodys more resemblant of G1